The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - [robo9] - 04-26-2014

I'm still waiting for Sukapon

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 04-26-2014

Not so much a character as an aspect of one:

I'd love if the Pikmin leaf colors changed to reflect the team they're on/the current theme of the costume worn by Olimar, like they do in Bingo Battle.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 04-26-2014

You know who'd be awesome?

Simon Belmont.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gwen - 04-26-2014

Travis Touchdown (for the millionth time already come on Nintendo, get on it Tongue)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 04-26-2014

(04-26-2014, 05:33 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: You know who'd be awesome?

Simon Belmont.

Throw in King Hippo and the Eggplant Wizard and you got yourself a deal, mate!

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - MrYoshbert - 04-26-2014

If we don't get Snake back, I'd happily be down with Simon Belmont. Or better yet (assuming Konami still owns Hudson's old characters), Bomberman.

Actually, I'm going to go deeper than that and suggest Bonk. Then we'd have each of the big three 90s video game console-making companies get representation in Smash.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 04-26-2014

I think the big issue for Bayonetta is the same issue that they originally had for Snake; that they don't want straight-up handguns to exist in the Smash World. But unlike Snake, it is almost impossible to work around them for her, as it's such an heavy and integral part of her character. She has guns on her friggin' shoes for cripes sake.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gwen - 04-26-2014

They have laser guns and swords in SMB. I don't see why a gun that shoots bullets instead of laser beams
I mean Starfox characters got a flipping tank for christ sake lol.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kitsu - 04-26-2014

bullets are a bit more ... impactful? I guess, but like it's much harder to come up with a reason for why the characters aren't bleeding all over the place with bullets than with explosions and beam weapons
i dunno

but what do you need bayonetta for when we already have zss

Well one could also argue why characters aren't cleaved in half or standing their with a bunch of gaping puncture wounds from swords Tongue

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 04-26-2014

I think it more has to do with censorship reasons and the fact that guns are a real weapon that are mass produced in this day and age. Swords are one thing, but if it is a weapon that is commonly sold in stores and has the ability to kill a human with one shot, then I can see why they would want to keep it out of the minds of youths to prevent anymore school shootings or whatever.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 04-26-2014

You can make whatever argument you want, but the fact of the matter is that the creators of the game have already explicitly said they are against bringing in real guns for whatever reason. That is why Snake's moveset centered more around explosives.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 04-26-2014

That's great, but shoe-guns were a terrible example.

Shoe-guns aren't real. They aren't even feasible.

Example ... what. I wasn't stating that having guns on the shoes is explicitly the reason she can't be used, I was pointing out how integral guns are to her character overall. The fact that they're a fictional concept has nothing to do with why they do or don't want to use them.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 04-26-2014

The guns issue definitely has to do with countries where there are varying levels of censorship of firearms in games. For a game that is so incredibly popular it would be very jarring to the fanbase of said countries if the game was delayed to rework issues in the game, or even worse banned all together. They likely want to keep it as clean a release as possible on all possible fronts so everyone can enjoy it.