The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 04-20-2014

I'd personally love Tempo playable, though that's not remotely likely. I'd settle for any sort of representation down to a simple trophy.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - FinalSmash - 04-21-2014

King Kaliente should be an Assist Trophy. Kind of like Andross. Sits in the background shooting coconuts and occasionally watermelons.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 04-21-2014

I just found this in a joke topic on gamefaqs and I'm laughing.

[Image: GpL3Rx7.png]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 04-21-2014

Ha-ha! So, besides doing extremely well in sports, is Ridley's other ability saying hi and telling people who he is?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - FinalSmash - 04-21-2014

[Image: Cat+is+not+amused_bc9d81_4117482.jpg] I'm not amused.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 04-21-2014

So does this mean the boss in the Pyrosphere stage, that shadow belongs to Daisy wearing a Ridley costume?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 04-21-2014

And now I want one of the lesser Mario characters to appear wearing the Bowser suit from Mario Party 2.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Darky's Reincarnation - 04-21-2014

(04-21-2014, 02:48 PM)Kriven Wrote: And now I want one of the lesser Mario characters to appear wearing the Bowser suit from Mario Party 2.

it should be an item

yes

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 04-21-2014

(04-21-2014, 12:47 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: I just found this in a joke topic on gamefaqs and I'm laughing.

[Image: GpL3Rx7.png]

What's up with those tabs.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - recme - 04-21-2014

(04-20-2014, 09:22 PM)Kriven Wrote: You might not like the idea, but thinking about Ryu in Smash Bros. makes me drool, and I've never been hugely into Street Fighter.

see, different thing about ryu is that all he does isnt punching and kicking. im aware that he can do some sort of energy blast, (i seriously dont know what theyre called; i never played a street fighter game in my life) which can be expanded more as a moveset if it were in smash bros.

also, since ryu is in a fighting game, wouldnt most of the moveset just be a copy&paste sorta thing from his own games to smash?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 04-21-2014

Ryu's final smash is he breaks into a Rap Battle:

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - psychospacecow - 04-21-2014

Having Ryu in a game like smash would basically translate into a less maneuverable Lucario.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 04-21-2014

You know, every site on the web is talking about what characters and stages they want to see in the game. Anyone feel like being original for a bit and talking about the other features you'd like to see in the game?

Here's some of mine.

- The number one feature I want in the game more than anything else is the return of the scoring system they used in the first two games. You know, this thing, with all the bonuses you could earn. This made the single player campaign way more enjoyable to me; seeing how I could manipulate the battle to get myself the most variety of bonuses. They removed this feature in Brawl, making your score all about time and how much damage you rack up, which was complete bullshit. I much prefer being scored on my performance over efficiency.

- Related to the scoring, I don't know if anyone else other than I ever used this feature or even knew about it, but Melee had a Score rule in their Free-for-All mode where you could battle to see who got the highest score rather than kills or coins. I would like to see the return of that feature if the classic scoring returns.

- A much improved stage-bulider mode. It wouldn't take much to change the current system into something a bit less cumbersome and overly restrictive. Some of my easy quick-fix ideas:

--- Get rid of specialty blocks altogether. That is, the objects like the mushrooms and the stone heads which were almost entirely useless because of how much space they required around them

--- Instead of useless specialty blocks, include 2D objects that the player can use to create background objects on the stage. Because they are 2D and in the background, the foreground blocks could overlap them, meaning players could use like the thin blocks to create the illusion of the player standing on a palm tree or something. Franchise-based background objects could also be unlockable by completing something with a corresponding character.

--- Bring back stickers, but this time allow us to decorate our stages with them by stamping them on top of blocks 'n shit.

--- Allow the players to mix and match the background image, instead of forcing us to use a single specific image with each block-set. Personally I'd like to have more than three sets of blocks, but even if that isn't a possibility, we should at least have a large variety of background images to choose from. I mean, they're just static images, it's not like they consume much resources.

- Personally I think they can go much further if they wanted to, but I think even with these four simple tweaks it would make a HUGE difference in enjoyability. Also a nice but probably more complex touch would be to get to set certain stage features like the inclusion of water or the Metroid rising acid.

- Finally, a Break The Targets Stage Builder. It would be exactly the same as the basic stage builder, but with the ability to place up to ten targets. You'd then be able to send the challenges to your friends to compete for the fastest score.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kitsu - 04-21-2014

randomly generated smash stages

PLEASE SO MUCH

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 04-22-2014

(04-21-2014, 10:56 PM)Drshnaps Wrote: - The number one feature I want in the game more than anything else is the return of the scoring system they used in the first two games. You know, this thing, with all the bonuses you could earn. This made the single player campaign way more enjoyable to me; seeing how I could manipulate the battle to get myself the most variety of bonuses. They removed this feature in Brawl, making your score all about time and how much damage you rack up, which was complete bullshit. I much prefer being scored on my performance over efficiency.

- Related to the scoring, I don't know if anyone else other than I ever used this feature or even knew about it, but Melee had a Score rule in their Free-for-All mode where you could battle to see who got the highest score rather than kills or coins. I would like to see the return of that feature if the classic scoring returns.

Since you mentioned scoring, Drshnaps, one of the things I liked to do with Luigi is to attack other players with his taunt to get these cool score bonuses. If they were to put the score system back in the game, I would have more of a reason to do this again.

Also, on the subject of taunts, it would be nice if more characters had attack taunts, too. For example, when Toon Link slashes the air franticly with his sword, yo would actually get hurt by that if you were in range.