The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - FinalSmash - 04-12-2014

(04-12-2014, 11:28 AM)Mystie Wrote:
(04-12-2014, 09:38 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: I'm pretty sure they adde Greninja because he was a watery ninja frog, which is awesome. His moveset looks sweet as hell too, and I love the inclusion of the substitute doll.
Same here. Even though my starter was Fennekin (I always choose the Fire starter in every Pokemon game), I think Greninja is a better final evolution than Chesnaught or Delphox. I mean, a ninja frog! Enough said!

(04-12-2014, 11:01 AM)FinalSmash Wrote: I've never played Pokémon, so I can't really talk about it intelligently, but I'm fine with the Pokémon in there now; I think they should use the rest of the spots for other characters.
You've never played Pokemon? NEVER PLAYED POKEMON???

How could you have made it this far in life without having played Pokemon?

I don't know. :/ I'm not allowed.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Sevenstitch - 04-12-2014

seriously Final Smash, don't even sweat pokemon

the series has its charm, but you really aren't missing anything by not playing it
Its a decent rpg-ish grab-em all up kinda series, thats about it

As for the actual topic in this thread, I'm hoping for a new tank character
I want a new sluggish powerhouse that just demolishes enemies

I want a Ganondorf Plus, a real monster of a fighter

I honestly have no idea who that could be in the nintendo universe

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 04-12-2014

The ones I can think of in that regard is just buffing up Ganondorf with armor frames, go straight up Ganon, or maybe even K. Rool, who can be the new ridiculously heavy character since Bowser's a bit more agile. There's a lot of Pokemon like that, but I'd rather not see one of them, they aren't as good as the ones we've got.

Oo, better yet, a heavy weight Fire Emblem knight or general. Ones with chain lances and axes like the Gba games.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 04-12-2014

I'm not sure about making K. Rool sluggish, though.

If you checked out the boss fight in the first game he appeared in, the guy has some series moves that rival even Diddy's!

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 04-12-2014

(04-12-2014, 02:59 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Oo, better yet, a heavy weight Fire Emblem knight or general.

I was going to make a suggestion along these lines.

The Black Knight from PoR and RD fits the bill perfectly. King Hippo could probably also satisfy the position.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Paladin - 04-12-2014

Black Knight would be awesome, but will probably never happen...

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - FinalSmash - 04-12-2014

I'd like to see Ganondorf with Ghirahim as an alternate skin. Here's my Miiverse post about that and other alternate skins: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlrKV8WwQ

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 04-12-2014

(04-12-2014, 08:11 AM)Darkys Reincarnation Wrote: lets pump some of this shit

Meh. Kalos' Gym Leader theme feels too weak compared with other themes in the series. I prefer the Elite Four theme.

But yeah, that stage looks pretty awesome.

Still wanting a Pokemon Stadium type stage named Pokemon Coloseum in either version.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - psychospacecow - 04-12-2014

I kind of hope the pokemon balloon stage makes it back.
Though, I've got to wonder. If the Wii U and 3DS use dlc, would that mean there could be costume packs?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 04-12-2014

I don't think we'll see too much in the way of costumes... I'm still pulling for a Soul Calibure styled color editor though.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - psychospacecow - 04-12-2014

I'm trusting you've all seen megaman's final smash so....

[Image: h6362DD05]

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - FinalSmash - 04-13-2014

Hmm I would accept character costume packs for DLC, even though I'm not a supporter of DLC in general.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mystie - 04-14-2014

(04-12-2014, 09:20 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: I'm trusting you've all seen megaman's final smash so....

[Image: h6362DD05]

I was NOT expecting that. Big Grin

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 04-14-2014

(04-13-2014, 11:51 AM)FinalSmash Wrote: Hmm I would accept character costume packs for DLC, even though I'm not a supporter of DLC in general.

I'd be all for FreeLC in the way of costume packs, although if there WAS any game that I'd be willing to pay a little extra for a full costume pack it's probably Smash Brothers. Still, I know there's been a decent amount of free DLC on some Wii U games, though I don't know how many were first party Nintendo. The main one I'm aware of are the two DLC levels for Sonic and the Lost World.

One thing that still has me somewhat worried about potential alternate costumes is that it is still somewhat up in the air. Sure, when Wario returns he'll likely retain his two outfits, and Wii Fit Trainer is fully confirmed for both gender models, but things like Little Mac's wireframe costume isn't as clear. I'm afraid of it being like Dark Link was in Brawl, where it was just one color option rather than a true alternate costume with complete color sets.

There is ONE type of alternate costume set that I might pay money for without even thinking about it, and that's crossover costumes between characters. Picture Mario dressed up like Pokemon Trainer, Link dressed like Marth, Captain Falcon dressed like Samus, Bowser in a Pikachu costume, and so on. I just think it would be hilarious.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - psychospacecow - 04-14-2014

I kind of want to see Captain Falcon in a zero suit now. Also, Kirby in a Pac-Man suit.