The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gwen - 03-25-2014

Also, in relation to the Toon Link discussion above, one of the screen shots on the official site shows him waving the Windwaker about, so I don't see how he's suddenly stuck to the Spirit Tracks Link, just because Spirit Tracks got a stage for the 3DS, and it was one of the handheld games, so it makes sense as to why there's a stage for it..

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 03-26-2014

Either way I just wish they give him his own Final Smash at least. Something to set him apart. I don't even care what it is.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ark Kuvis - 03-26-2014

Another Kid Icarus item today. Nice to see Uprising so represented. I liked Uprising a lot.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - soulcaliburfan - 03-26-2014

I just hope this isn't favoritism and we get something bigger out of Uprising as well. Palutena for a character maybe?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kosheh - 03-26-2014

(03-26-2014, 05:34 AM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: Another Kid Icarus item today. Nice to see Uprising so represented. I liked Uprising a lot.
Sakurai also um,

was the executive producer on Uprising, so it's gonna be like the new Kirby if anything

(inb4 palutena is the next meta knight)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 03-28-2014

Andross is back. I always thought it was silly to use the SNES Andross when the ape-head one is more iconic at this point. He also made Lakitu 8-bit but Hammer Bro has a regular model. Why? What is the decision going on here?

I think Assist Trophies should take on their most iconic or recent look rather than randomly selecting one. See it would be okay to have Excite Biker in 8-bit since most people remember NES game the best in the series.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 03-28-2014

«You'll have to climb the tower by securing footholds like these moving platforms!»

Oh Gordammit it's an icicle mountain / rumble falls / rainbow ride type stage. I was hoping it would be like a delfino plaza stage where the scene moves about but the platform is always directly underneath you.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 03-28-2014

I don't think the description matches a Delfino Plaza style stage rather than a scrolling stage. I mean, look at the angle of the tower in the second shot.

Also, responding to Koopaul, sometimes it's just cool to have a throwback to the good old days, something I thought you might be able to appreciate. After all, Andross is the antagonist of Nintendo's first game featuring primarily polygonal characters.

Or maybe, for all I know, the polygon face Andross is the most iconic version in Japan. I know for a fact that, despite never beating Star Fox or knowing that it was Andross, back in the day I had seen and always remembered that face.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 03-28-2014

I guess so but I'd think something like the Devil from Devil World would be 8-bit since it was never in a 3D game. But he made a brand new model for that guy. It's not really a complaint it's just the lack of consistency.

It's similar to when I saw Link and Zelda in this game. Why are they still their Twilight Princess design? Also, why was Samus always her Super Metroid design, but now she's her Other M design? Why did he completely glance over the Prime design?

I really think it comes down to his personal favorites. That's the only explanation for these choices.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 03-28-2014

I REALLY don't think that's exclusively his choice, I feel like there's other factors including and not even limited to the others developing the game. Also, where is the middle ground? Where do you draw the line? By your standards, it either has to be the newest or oldest designs, or if one design out of numerous others gets overlooked you go nuts.

Your thoughts seem confused and contrived sometimes.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Omega - 03-28-2014

I'm starting to get flashbacks to the old TSR Smash bros. Brawl thread, coulda sworn you made these same similar complaints then too Koopaul.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ton - 03-28-2014

Koopaul in one topic; Why doesn't Nintendo use their old stuff more?
Koopaul in another topic; Why isn't Nintendo using their newest stuff?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - AuraLancer - 03-28-2014

That Andross works better for how the trophy attacks. Also, it's the more iconic one for me Smile

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kitsu - 03-28-2014

(03-28-2014, 07:24 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Why did he completely glance over the Prime design?

it honestly feels like NoJ is constantly trying to not think about Prime for some reason.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Pik - 03-28-2014

SNES Andross is also the most efficient poly-count wise.

Monkey Andross wouldn't slow the game down or anything, but when a design THAT simple exists, they make use of it.