The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - psychospacecow - 03-02-2014

I think Zoroark would be cool but kind of hard to work with. He could become more of a stab kind of character that jumps in for big damage and runs, can't really take a hit. It'd be unrealistic to have his illusion abilities outside of team play unless they made it like him turning into smaller 'mon when ducking, or flying 'mon when in air. I could see a lot of teleport-style moves and shadow claw.

Then again, I can see Gardevoir being an extra skin for Zelda, with Gallade being Sheik.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 03-02-2014

That's crossing series. I wouldn't expect something from one series to wear the skin of something from another series.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 03-02-2014

Except for Mii.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - soulcaliburfan - 03-02-2014

And don't forget Villager with Balloon Fighter's flying ability.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 03-02-2014

I think the connection is that Animal Crossing featured Balloon Fight as a NES game to play.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kitsu - 03-02-2014

and alphonzo

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Virtuaboy123 - 03-02-2014

Hmm I'd pass on Zoroark, simply because the illusion effect wouldn't work one on one, nor if you are playing with friends. It would be cool if it appeared in a pokeball and took the form of the user perhaps mimicking their attacks. (but then again there's ditto, or even better that new mario powerup.)

Pretty sure Ike will come back, just like Toon Link, as for any other FE reps I see Chrom but he's the only one I could see them add. (or the off chance they return Roy with tweaked attacks)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 03-02-2014

I am bothered a lot by the Villager's Balloon Fight move, even though balloons are fairly important elements to the Animal Crossing franchise (at least, they were by the time I left after Wild World). It just gets me how they took the iconic trait from one character and gave it to a character who never even did anything like that. In my mind it creates a different situation from where Captain Falcon got an all-new moveset, because this is a power transfer. It'd be like giving Batman heat vision because Superman couldn't be implemented for whatever reason.

It'd be one thing to include Alice or Tingle with the Balloon Fight attack, but Villager using it rubs me so wrong. They couldn't figure out anything else, even if just grabbing a gift balloon and floating straight up?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Crappy Blue Luigi - 03-02-2014

remember when everyone was worried that little mac wasn't happening because villager had a boxing glove punch move

what if villager's referential moves are foreshadowing other newcomhaha okay i'm abandoning that thought immediately i can't even take it seriously as speculation

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gwen - 03-02-2014

Also, are we forgetting that you can get a shit ton of items in Animal Crossing that directly reference all of Nintendo's other franchises?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 03-02-2014

Okay, I'm going to stop you all right where you are: You're bringing up the "I don't like a character referencing another character" thing now? After we've had clones since the very first game of the series and things like Kirby morphing into a panel from Panel de Pon and a Thwomp for his stone attack?

I: Seriously?

I think series crossing is fine in a CROSSOVER game.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 03-03-2014

There's referencing something and then there's Zelda turning into Gardevoir as an alt skin. That's a little beyond a reference.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - psychospacecow - 03-03-2014

Eh, I didn't mean it as actually being Zelda. I meant it more in a C. Falcon and Ganondorf way.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 03-03-2014

(03-02-2014, 11:40 PM)Tom Guicote Wrote: Okay, I'm going to stop you all right where you are: You're bringing up the "I don't like a character referencing another character" thing now? After we've had clones since the very first game of the series and things like Kirby morphing into a panel from Panel de Pon and a Thwomp for his stone attack?

I: Seriously?

I think series crossing is fine in a CROSSOVER game.

Kirby transforming into cross-world objects and characters utilizing stylized attacks from other characters are very different from wearing the attire of the other character.

I think it really would bother me less if Villager didn't wear the helmet.while using that move. It feels more like a cheap replacement for one character than an homage to that character.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - psychospacecow - 03-03-2014

It'd be cool if instead of that, he used a fishing pole as a long distance grapple and a way to get back onto the stage.