The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Ploaj - 06-13-2013

I feel as though it's possible for EarthBound to get another character, considering the Virtual Console release and what not. But it probably won't happen.

I wanted to post this despite being partially unrelated...

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Viiper - 06-13-2013

any word on another stage maker? that thing was darn fun

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-13-2013

Weighing in: I think Sonic is definitely returning, but I'm not too sure about Snake.

(06-13-2013, 10:17 PM)Viiper Wrote: any word on another stage maker? that thing was darn fun

Sakurai had "No comment" on the return of the stage designer. I imagine that means it's at the bottom of their to-do list, and it will be added if they have the time.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mutsukki - 06-14-2013

So... yeah, Megaman is a third party exception, otherwise this wouldn't be Smash Brothes, you know...

http://kotaku.com/dont-expect-a-lot-of-third-party-characters-in-the-nex-513203533

Quote:"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters.

"So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

uh oh

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Goombaking123 - 06-14-2013

1) The 3DS cards have the same amount of space as Brawl's double disc space, so if it don't have SSE SSB43DS could have alot of charcters.
2) Updated my SSE/Bosses post on the previous page.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - DioShiba - 06-14-2013

I really just want an adventure mode that has the arcade style of melee and a few of the elements from Subspace. Like bosses and stickers.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really hated the story thing Brawl tried to do. Although I will admit it had good ideas. So with what Sakurai wants to do with both games being somewhere between casual and hardcore I think it's possible.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Virtuaboy123 - 06-14-2013

I honestly don't see what the problem is, I doubt they will cut or reduce characters from the Wii U version just to suit the need of the 3ds.
The might make complex characters less complex, Wario has one costume, Nana doesn't attack, PT doesn't exist (but his pokemon have their slots) etc.

Characters take up such little of the game data, all the stages, items, and various modes take most of the space.

Didn't SSE take up a huge part of the disc (which is why you can't mod things in it on homebrew)

I mean the stages in the 3ds version will be different, and if they keep it simple with just a classic mode and a verses it shouldn't have a problem.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Viiper - 06-14-2013

There was something enjoyable about being able to complete Melees adventure mode in one sitting. But subspace was EPIC.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Mutsukki - 06-14-2013

(06-14-2013, 08:35 AM)Virtuaboy123 Wrote: I honestly don't see what the problem is, I doubt they will cut or reduce characters from the Wii U version just to suit the need of the 3ds.

Except they said that "unfortunately they might need to do that".

I just quoted it.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 06-14-2013

I think there's still enough development time for them to recant the equal characters decision and break away into two different games, particularly if it becomes apparent that one version of the game is holding the other back.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 06-14-2013

(06-14-2013, 01:14 PM)Mutsukki Wrote:
(06-14-2013, 08:35 AM)Virtuaboy123 Wrote: I honestly don't see what the problem is, I doubt they will cut or reduce characters from the Wii U version just to suit the need of the 3ds.

Except they said that "unfortunately they might need to do that".

I just quoted it.

It might also mean that they had a 100 character roster in mind, but cannot follow through due to the 3DS restrictions. I expect the roster to be slightly larger than Brawl's and that a vast majority of Brawl's roster stays alive. I don't expect much more newcomers. I have my fingers crossed for Tails though. Would make the Sonic reveal a bit more interesting.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 06-14-2013

I keep seeing people getting their hopes up, so let me reiterate what I've probably said already just so you don't get hurt:

Really, REALLY prepare yourselves for the game to have just as much or LESS characters than there were in Brawl. Sakurai's quotes make it seem VERY much like there could easily be less. The game already looks very awesome and polished for what characters they HAVE developed, so the game certainly looks GOOD, and if you don't get your hopes up and I turn out to be wrong then you're all the better.

I just hate seeing people getting so hyped up over something and then getting crushed over things like that. For the same reason, be prepared to see some characters from Brawl be cut too.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Gors - 06-14-2013

/\ this. Having hopes high up is rarely, or may I correct it, never good. I'm happy with what I see so it's a win/win situation for me atm

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Goombaking123 - 06-14-2013

Hopefully, the only removed characters are clones. However, it does seem strange that without SSE and having the same max data space, it'll have less characters than Brawl.

Anyways, did anyone notice the Yellow Devil was appearing in the Wii U version?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Virtuaboy123 - 06-14-2013

If this has less characters that's really them being lazy. Like I said again a huge portion of the disc was SSE for brawl and it could have just been a melee-esque adventure mode and 5 other characters.

And him saying there might not be as many characters could just be him trolling.

Didn't he also say animal crossing characters are too friendly to fight or would never show up?(and guess who was the first revealed)
So by that logic it may have a ton of characters.(I could just be too optimistic)

Hopefully he is trolling and past fighting games that reduced their rosters had all sorts of uproar.
erm MVC3

Also I read tripping is gone,but DLC won't be in the game.