The VG Resource
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) (/thread-23265.html)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kriven - 02-18-2014

My favorite stage in Brawl is probably Melee's Temple... I guess now that I think about it, I don't really care for most of the Brawl stages. I mean, I don't dislike most of them either, just not caring for them. I mean, I like the Delfino Island stage, the pirate ship stage, the Metroid stages, Castle Siege...Mario Circuit... Nah, looking at the list, I guess I like the majority of them. I don't like New Pork, though. Mainly because it's so zoomed out I can't really see anything, and the design doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'd be fine if it was cut and Earthbound stage rep was reduced to Onett. If Fourside returned, that'd be cool too.

So today we see a Fairy Bottle item from Zelda.

Actually, what Past Stages would you guys want to see? No limit, all three games. Go.

My list:

SSB:

Princess Peach's Castle
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City
Congo Jungle
Planet Zebes

SSBM:

Yoshi's Story
Brinstar
Fountain of Dreams
Green Greens
Ice Mountain
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle
Onett
Fourside
Temple
Yoshi's Island
Brinstar Depths
Four Side
Mushroom Kingdom II
Rainbow Cruise
Peach's Castle
Corneria
Venom
Great Bay
Mute City

Brawl:

Delfino Plaza
Mario Circuit
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
WarioWare
Distant Planet
Smashville
Green Hill Zone

A merged Pokemon Stadium stage, with elements from both games.

I know it's likely that only Brawl stages will return, and only five or six of them, but hey *shrugs*

Quote:Pic of the day. Hey look, a bottle!! This is a special item that can even heal fighters who have accumulated over 100% damage.

I guess that means this is replacing the Heart Container?

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Koopaul - 02-18-2014

Perhaps. Or it could be an item that you equip and once you get 100% damage it heals you then.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 02-18-2014

That's about how I thought it would work when I first saw the image. If that's the case the text for this one is kind of misleading.

I hope it doesn't mean it heals more than 100% of health. That honestly wouldn't make any sense, considering that fairies are technically one of the weakest healing items in the Zelda games, usually only healing six hearts.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 01:28 AM)Koopaul Wrote: You say that like you think it should be. It had 3 games guys.

I think that's kind of a moot point. The number of Metroid games far exceeds the number of Mother games, and yet it's only got two playable characters who are basically shared as one. Kid Icarus only had 3 games, but it seems like we're getting at least one more playable character from it.

The reason I think it would bother me more in this game if it was just some combination of Ness and Lucas is that the series hasn't had much added to it despite being in the series from the beginning.

Let me say that out of all the franchises, Mother is probably the LEAST deserving of new representation, but that doesn't stop it from being sad when you're a fan and the game is pretty much the first RPG of its kind from Nintendo as a company. In fact the only others I can think of off the top of my head are Golden Sun and the Mario RPG series.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - E-Man - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 07:15 AM)Drshnaps Wrote: I hope it doesn't mean it heals more than 100% of health. That honestly wouldn't make any sense, considering that fairies are technically one of the weakest healing items in the Zelda games, usually only healing six hearts.

Are you sure about that, Drshnaps? I know it heals Link for eight or six hearts in aLttP and the more recent Zelda games after Wind Waker, but if I recall correctly, fairies found in Ocerina of Time and Majora's Mask restore him to full health.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 02-18-2014

I want the bottle to work so that you have to smash it on the floor to get its effect, like a capsule.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Kitsu - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 09:00 AM)Tom Guicote Wrote:
(02-18-2014, 01:28 AM)Koopaul Wrote: You say that like you think it should be. It had 3 games guys.

I think that's kind of a moot point. The number of Metroid games far exceeds the number of Mother games, and yet it's only got two playable characters who are basically shared as one. Kid Icarus only had 3 games, but it seems like we're getting at least one more playable character from it.

The reason I think it would bother me more in this game if it was just some combination of Ness and Lucas is that the series hasn't had much added to it despite being in the series from the beginning.

Let me say that out of all the franchises, Mother is probably the LEAST deserving of new representation, but that doesn't stop it from being sad when you're a fan and the game is pretty much the first RPG of its kind from Nintendo as a company. In fact the only others I can think of off the top of my head are Golden Sun and the Mario RPG series.

Metroid has one playable (unless you count ZSS separately, which you are, but still) because there's only 2 characters who could really qualify, the second of which does so only barely and is controversial for a variety of reasons. Also, I imagine the fact that Metroid is generally less popular in Japan than in the west (as well as the fact that the most recent well-received metroid games were all developed in the west) might have had some influence (I always get this strange vibe that NoJ is constantly trying to forget Metroid Prime existed, despite the series being pretty well-received).

I think in general, Melee's Mother representation (1 playable and 2 stages) was perfect (though with ATs and bosses now, I think Mother could have 2 ATs and one boss, which is pretty close to Brawl I guess).

(02-18-2014, 12:37 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: I want the bottle to work so that you have to smash it on the floor to get its effect, like a capsule.

that'd be pretty cool, especially if you could accidentally end up healing opponents if you used it while they were too close to you
also could be a more elegant/useful rendition of that one teammate-healing item

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 02-18-2014

All I'm saying is that both series deserve at least one more playable character at this point in the series. Both have been there since the beginning of Smash, and Metroid is as old as Zelda and Kid Icarus.

As far as past stages go, Mother has good ones. I love Fourside the most I think. Still, I just wish they added another character that wasn't the Ness base archetype.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - SchAlternate - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 02:28 AM)Kriven Wrote: SSBM:
Port Town

Lol.

(02-18-2014, 03:40 PM)Tom Guicote Wrote: As far as past stages go, Mother has good ones. I love Fourside the most I think. Still, I just wish they added another character that wasn't the Ness base archetype.

What about Porky? There's no way in hell they could ever make HIM a Ness clone.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Jermungandr - 02-18-2014

(02-18-2014, 10:56 AM)E-Man Wrote: Are you sure about that, Drshnaps? I know it heals Link for eight or six hearts in aLttP and the more recent Zelda games after Wind Waker, but if I recall correctly, fairies found in Ocerina of Time and Majora's Mask restore him to full health.

I was just generalizing, but looking it up they actually cure 8 hearts in all games.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - NICKtendo DS - 02-18-2014

Arceus should be a Pokeball Pokemon that once he's sent out, you're immediately taken to the result screen and the one who sent out Arceus wins. (Arceus ex machina?)

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - psychospacecow - 02-18-2014

I hope Captain Falcon makes it into the game.

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - senjen - 02-18-2014

The only 4 original 12 that haven't been mentioned yet are Ness,Jigglypuff,Yoshi, and Captain Falcon, don't worry though i'm sure all the original 12 will be in Smile

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - Darky's Reincarnation - 02-19-2014

today's update;
[Image: 1924664_635014653231703_13143568_n.jpg]

(02-18-2014, 07:14 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: Arceus should be a Pokeball Pokemon that once he's sent out, you're immediately taken to the result screen and the one who sent out Arceus wins. (Arceus ex machina?)

if it has a 1/100 chance of appearing, i would consider this awesome

RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - TomGuycott - 02-19-2014

(02-19-2014, 05:10 AM)Darkys Reincarnation Wrote: today's update;
[Image: 1924664_635014653231703_13143568_n.jpg]

The first time I clicked the Thank button on this post it tells me "You've already thanked this post".

It knows me so well, that thank button.