The VG Resource
Part two: FINALS - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+----- Forum: tSR Competitions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-68.html)
+----- Thread: Part two: FINALS (/thread-2127.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - mozzy - 09-09-2008

(09-09-2008, 08:11 PM)Battosai Rai Wrote: No i said i wouldn't claim if it is somthing dumb but you can't say it isn't a good idea i just need something that represents spriters and rippers

Can somebody translate this or something? I'm just not getting it. You wouldn't claim? What is that supposed to mean?

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Battosai Rai - 09-09-2008

EXAMPLE:..............Like if your school loses a football game 90-0 and if I was walking down the street and asked you what school I went to. I would choose a different school because i would be ashamed of my school on how bad they lost

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Geo the Fox - 09-09-2008

Basically he won't claim to be from tSR anymore, thus proving how shallow he is.

I wish I could just ban him for saying that. What a sad life you probably live. Also Livemocha.com, You can learn english there.
Hopefully, the mascot we choose is crappy by your piss poor standards, that way I will never have the unpleasant experience of having to lose braincells over your posts.

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Oddball - 09-09-2008

Quote:and if I was walking down the street and asked you what school I went to. I would choose a different school because i would be ashamed of my school on how bad they lost

Why are you talking to yourself when there's a stranger right in front of you?

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Comix - 09-09-2008

[Image: Patrick2.gif]

It's Patrick the Pen. He comes in many different lovely flavors.

(Also I'm totally playing off Petey because you people won't drop the topic of him and obviously Dazz isn't going to allow it so I found a loop hole. Yay.)\

EDIT: New version alongside the old.

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Alpha Six - 09-09-2008

i think the above actually makes sense

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Oddball - 09-09-2008

Make the teeth not redonculous and I'd vote for it.
Yeah, redonculous.
Wha'dya'gonna'do'bout'it?

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Whispy - 09-09-2008

I know this sounds cheesy, but how about something universally cute or interesting, that doesn't look downright effeminate, on a crayon? As in, drawing with said crayon. It could be at the right of the banner, "finishing" its drawing of the tSR logo. I'm bad at describing stuff, so...

[Image: th_239831be.jpg]

Imagine that, except it's flipped (facing to the right). The line there is next to the RESOURCE part of the banner. Take out Yoshi, keep the crayon. Now make some creature - maybe something kinda like Oddy's cat character, which looks cuddly and awesome at the same time - be on top of the crayon, holding it with both of its hands as if it was drawing with it. It could look as if it was struggling to write with the crayon, as it is so much bigger than the mascot itself.

Just a suggestion. I'll try drawing this at school, but I'd be great if somebody else did since I'm not very skilled.

I like the idea, but I don't like the face at all.

If you mean the Toad face, it's not supposed to have anything to do with my idea. <.<;

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Comix - 09-09-2008

I'll rework the face tomorrow.

Check post times, was directed at comix's design.

Oh, sorry. Unimpressed''

By the way, on Comix's design. I don't think it's bad as a standalone mascot, but at the same time, I don't think it's good to directly rip off Petey. I know people miss him and all, but this is tSR and, well... we just gotta admit times have changed. To me, Petey is everything a mascot could have been and much more, but I believe it's time to move on, too. If you will directly rip off CE's mascot and make it a pen, then why not just use the original? You aren't winning any points or making it any more "original" - it's the same concept, the same idea, different design. It's like trying to make up an excuse to continue using Petey. I find it extremely lame, myself, that we can't be creative enough to come up with a successor ourselves. And unless CE and/or the community agrees we want to use Petey, or come up with a fair disciple of his, then by no means should we rip it off.

Just my two cents there. :X I apologize if I was a bit harsh.

Seriously guys, its just a mascot. I thinking we're making this into a much bigger thing than it really is.
If it looks good, isn't copyrighted or plain retarded or Petey, we'll use it.