The VG Resource
Part two: FINALS - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Archives (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-66.html)
+----- Forum: tSR Competitions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-68.html)
+----- Thread: Part two: FINALS (/thread-2127.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Geo the Fox - 09-09-2008

(09-09-2008, 12:33 PM)Ridleymaster Wrote: I think you could have said it better with out the bad words

If it's made properly it wouldn't effect TSR exept being better.
I and Flare have been TRYING to say it, but it seems you're a little slow, bro.

@AJ: [Image: SPM_TheInterNed.png]

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Superliger - 09-09-2008

wouldn't it realy be the judges choice to make that call?

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Omega - 09-09-2008

(09-09-2008, 02:42 PM)Omega Wrote: [Image: zombizgh3.png]

reposting cuz last post on last page

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Dazz - 09-09-2008

Why is it called Pixelt? Sounds like the start of Pixeltendo Blank

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Flare - 09-09-2008

Although a copyrighted character, why don't we use a Petey Pirhanna style character since technically Petey/Bacons character did represent Ninsprites and tSR in the past.

Edit:
(09-09-2008, 02:47 PM)Ridleymaster Wrote: wouldn't it realy be the judges choice to make that call?

To quote the first post: The best mascot will be voted by you!
So its no judges its up to us, unless that of course changes when a wad of us want a stupid mascot design.

And yeah I don't want people to go look at tSR it has a fairy as a mascot what does that tell you about the people who run it. The thing is that yes I like the idea of fairy from sprite, but its far too easy to make a joke out of it. What Oddball said is what I can see most people reacting to it because lets face it most people get the gay connection before going oh its a fairy cause of the sprites.

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Sol - 09-09-2008

(09-09-2008, 02:59 PM)Dazz Wrote: Why is it called Pixelt? Sounds like the start of Pixeltendo Blank

It's pixel with a t on the end. You don't have to read so far into it.

I sometimes forget that you Americans make the most stupid associations of everything.
Oh, hello AngelRoms, you called? What's that, you're not gay? But you have an angel as an icon! What's that? YOU HAVE A "BABE OF THE WEEK" SECTION!? Whoa!

Seriously, what?

Also, I'd rather not have anything close to a copyrighted character as the mascot. Simply because it means we can't really use it for any material under law.

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Omega - 09-09-2008

(09-09-2008, 02:59 PM)Dazz Wrote: Why is it called Pixelt? Sounds like the start of Pixeltendo Blank

I just thought ending Pixel with a T would be good no relation with PT
guess you could also call him Pixels instead if you want

I am Scottish (not American, but remember that your audience may make connection too) I just don't think theres point in putting up something that people will joke about. I think having a fairy will make it look too camp/girly.

And as for using Petey Piranaha I don't see why a copyrighted character would make a difference considering the site only archives copyrighted characters. I am not saying using his actual design but something along those lines since it is sort of a retro connection to the previous sites.

Because we do not breach any copyright in hosting these sprites... However, if we use a character we don't own as our mascot...

Oh, well, just a thought. Sorry I was under the idea that the site broke copyright laws for having ripped sprites anyway.

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Geo the Fox - 09-09-2008

I think the mascot should have a silly hat. Like. it NEEDS one. Maybe not Dazz's hat, but a hat almost as silly. Or sillier.

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Superliger - 09-09-2008

How about a snake with a hat? then when you change banners you can have him twist in the letters.

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Sol - 09-09-2008

Okay, people don't seem to understand that this is a competition. If you have an idea, draw or sprite it out and enter it. Going, "Hey, you should do THIS 'cause it would be cool!" will accomplish nothing.

Mozzy, can you please edit this into the first post?

NO:

Personal Characters.
Copyrighted Characters.
Fan Characters.
"Suggestions." (If you have an idea, MAKE IT.)

Thanks.

RE: TSR Mascot Competition! - Vipershark - 09-09-2008

(09-09-2008, 03:41 PM)Omega Wrote:

I just thought ending Pixel with a T would be good no relation with PT
guess you could also call him Pixels instead if you want

How about Pix?