The VG Resource
PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong (/thread-19536.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: PSVita games don't have manuals... not joking - Kimahri-Ronso - 02-15-2012

(02-15-2012, 07:16 PM)Radular Bastard Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 07:15 PM)Kimahri-Ronso Wrote:
(02-15-2012, 03:21 PM)Radular Bastard Wrote: GameInformer lists it for both consoles, I'll have to double check.
EDIT: DAMN YOU GAME INFORMER, DAMN YOU.
EDIT2: Here's the page that lied to me if any of you care.
[Image: 10gbitd.jpg]
Good thing I switched from paper to digital for my GI sub.

Still, hard to believe they would make a huge mistake like that. Jak & Daxter is a sony IP, this cannot be on other consoles.

Anyways, changing this to "Dick Moves by Video Game Companies" topic, so we can also discuss the very wrong Day 1 DLC, on-disc DLC, etc

Well the Metalgear Solid collection was multiplatform and that was a ps2 series if I remember correctly.
Metal Gear Solid is a third party IP, so it can be on any console, exclusive or multiplatform.

For example, Sonic Generations is on 360 & PS3, but Sonic Colors is a Wii exclusive.

RE: PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong - Gwen - 02-15-2012

It still makes me a little mad, I'd drop the money for that collection immediately, but now I'm not really given the choice to Sad

RE: PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong - Kimahri-Ronso - 02-15-2012

I look forward to a one-console future

/pipedream

RE: PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong - Gwen - 02-15-2012

Eh I'm okay with multiple platforms, helps competition and prevents monopoly, but I hate exclusive titles. They make sense and all but I just hate not being given the chance to play a companies game that they worked hard on. I also hate console exclusive characters in games. I get it if it's a console exclusive but if not that's just giving your audience the middle finger.

RE: PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong - Kriven - 02-15-2012

There isn't a monopoly on DVD players. I don't see why a universal console format would suddenly mean one company would monopolize the market.

With only one console you're restricted to that consoles' limitations, there's no room to use different consoles strong points.

RE: PSVita games = no manuals... or, Dick Moves By Game Companies and why they're wrong - Kriven - 02-15-2012

Since the invention of a USB Port and USB Add-Ons, the only restriction really belongs to developers. And that's the point. There shouldn't be console strong points outside of performance and reliability. They're too damn expensive for that shit.

Gaming companies wouldn't make nearly as much if there was only one console to use anyways, and developing a single controller for every game out there would be fairly annoying.

You don't need to develop a controller for every game out there. But developers have that choice if they want it, yes.

As far as developers not making as much money, I don't really see how that's true since most people just buy one copy of a game anyways, if they buy one at all.

But games that are on multiple platforms draw in more money due to multiple sources you can get it on.
EDIT: And while I know it doesn't mean much, I have Borderlands for both my 360 and on my computer.

But that makes no sense because a person typically only buys one copy of a game even if it's multiplat. You don't need a PS3 version and a 360 version.

I'm saying there's a wider audience. And while it'd merge I suppose I just don't like only one console as a platform.

No there isn't. What makes a wider audience: narrowing your possible releases to whoever owns a particular console, or widening it to every consumer in the world because of a universal format?

Oh right, the universal thing.

It still removes competion, which doesn't really help sales.
Also you then go into the whole world of handheld. Should that be all condensed into one console? That'd be awful IMO.

It doesn't remove competition from anyone but the hardware developers, and they can still compete for a better perferoming console in the exact same way that people want a better performing DVD player.