The VG Resource
Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have (/thread-17120.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Omegajak - 04-19-2011

(04-19-2011, 04:16 PM)Zenaki Jenkins Wrote: A classic Megaman that would link to the X series and a Megaman X that would link to the Zero series. Also MegaMan ZX 3.
EBA 2/ Ouendan 3 would be awesome.
Sonic Adventure 3
Another VanillaWare game. Maybe about Greek mythology.

(04-16-2011, 06:24 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Phantasy Star Online with the ability to jump.

I don't really see where you're going with this. In the few MMOs i've played, jumping isn't really useful, except in a few occasions in PvP. Guess you can still hope for PSO 2.

There is NOTHING in this post I didn't like.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - GrooveMan.exe - 04-20-2011

(04-17-2011, 01:10 PM)Goemar Wrote: If Monster Hunter came to the 3DS it would mean Capcom would once again be able to not properly update the graphics. *snip*

Pffft, who cares; I just want a Portable version on something that isn't the PSP. The Wii version was fuckin' excellent, but I play handhelds a lot more due to the acessibility.

(04-16-2011, 05:53 PM)RetroX Wrote: A 3D platformer that plays like a 2D platformer.

Only, you know, in 3D.

(04-19-2011, 04:16 PM)Zenaki Jenkins Wrote: I don't really see where you're going with this. In the few MMOs i've played, jumping isn't really useful, except in a few occasions in PvP. Guess you can still hope for PSO 2.

The majority of MMOs (or at least ones which operate WOW-style) don't do real-time collision detection; so jumping doesn't 'do' anything mechanically aside from traversing the area. There's no need to 'evade' attacks, it's all done by RNG. Proper (Read: Good) 3D Action RPGs have jumping as an evasion technique, and/or a link in to some attack skills. Monster Hunter (And I guess God Eater by extension) don't have jumping since half the game is working with extrenmely limited character abilities, so that works.

PSO2 was announced to exist quite a while ago, but no gameplay content yet. Guild Wars 2 is actually embracing the proper Action RPG format where placement and evasion is necessary - and as such has jumping in addition to dodge-rolls and evasive skills.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Kairos - 04-22-2011

(04-17-2011, 03:49 PM)Maxim Wrote: Rival Schools remade as a 2D Fighting Game.

This isn't really needed, Rival Schools, despite being 3D, worked really well and had an actual combo and input system, unlike Tekken.

But yeah I'd love a new Rival School/Project Justice.

Or hell if Capcom did like NeoGeoStation and rerelased old games with Netcode, I'd be happy with that.

EDIT: To clarify, Tekken has a combo system, but it's mostly juggles, like MK9 and what SFxT looks like, which isn't bad. I just prefer normal combos.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Goemar - 04-22-2011

(04-20-2011, 04:42 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote:
(04-17-2011, 01:10 PM)Goemar Wrote: If Monster Hunter came to the 3DS it would mean Capcom would once again be able to not properly update the graphics. *snip*

Pffft, who cares; I just want a Portable version on something that isn't the PSP. The Wii version was fuckin' excellent, but I play handhelds a lot more due to the acessibility.

I'll admit right now I'm a PSP fanboy, no hiding it. Seeing Monster Hunter on a different handheld could mean the very death of the PSP in Japan, which is the only place the game really sells well, which makes me sad.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - GrooveMan.exe - 04-22-2011

That's fair, I wouldn't want to see the format go under; but at the same time Monster Hunter is too good of a series to not be appreciated by all. Still incredibly pissed that the PC version is Japan-only.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Goemar - 04-22-2011

If the PC version ever left Japan I'd be completely broke and probably die of thirst so I'm not too fussed.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - The_Doom-ed_one - 04-26-2011

A Great Game

(A game that is not a silly enough idea to lower your reputation)
F*** my life.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Gwen - 04-26-2011

Drill Dozer 3DS please, playing the GBA one and its to much fun, so I'm going to need more of that.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Maxpphire - 04-27-2011

(04-26-2011, 09:20 PM)The_Doom-ed_one Wrote: A Great Game

(A game that is not a silly enough idea to lower your reputation)
F*** my life.

Honestly I agree that it is ridiculously immature for them to have downreped you like that. Forget the be friendly rule, guys? After all Rep is included with that and maybe you should change the rep to an opinion rather then just what his idea was.

I can understand why Chuck Norris wouldn't fit in SSBB, since it is a game for video game characters and not irl people but if there was a fighting game with Chuck Norris, Jet Li, Black Dynamite, and a few others, I'm sure that would actually be a pretty interesting game. (I'd be Black Dynamite all over the place)

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Cobalt Blue - 04-29-2011

shenmue 3

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - RétroX - 04-29-2011

(04-20-2011, 04:42 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote:
(04-16-2011, 05:53 PM)RetroX Wrote: A 3D platformer that plays like a 2D platformer.

Only, you know, in 3D.
I meant a platformer that plays in 3D. Not one with 3D graphics. There are plenty of those.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Garamonde - 04-29-2011

Mega Man. 2. Powered Up. And Mega Man 3 Powered Up more than anything (I want to play as Gemini Man so bad). And also 4 Powered Up to play as Ring Man. Big Grin

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Helmo - 04-29-2011

A 3D game in 3D thats not 3D

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - GrooveMan.exe - 04-30-2011

(04-29-2011, 06:58 PM)RetroX Wrote: I meant a platformer that plays in 3D. Not one with 3D graphics. There are plenty of those.

A 2D Platformer that plays in 3D?
Um, those tend not to work for mechanical reasons; which would explain why there aren't many.
But sure:

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Gors - 04-30-2011

Also Dynamite Headdy