The VG Resource
Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have (/thread-17120.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Cobalt Blue - 02-15-2012

(02-14-2012, 02:33 AM)Belial Wrote: A Mario skateboarding game, old school Tony Hawk-ish.

no more mario <sport> games please.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Tellis - 02-15-2012

(02-15-2012, 02:40 AM)Meta Wrote:
(02-14-2012, 02:33 AM)Belial Wrote: A Mario skateboarding game, old school Tony Hawk-ish.

But how else will we have sports games that have actually interesting and fun gameplay elements beyond just "this is the sport"? No one's ever going greenlight arcadey sports games anymore without a big name like Mario to sell it. Besides, the Mario sports games are usually pretty well designed, despite the fact that they could get away with just being cheaply made cash-ins. Mario Power Tennis was one of my favorite games for the Cube!

That being said, though, I think it'd be cool to have a new-gen remake of Baseball Simulator 1000, with actually balanced superpowers and greater team customization. Hopefully with a really cool stylized look to it.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Kimahri-Ronso - 02-15-2012

Honestly the only sports games I've ever managed to enjoy were Mario ones. I think it's because the gameplay mechanics are far less complicated to grasp, and the aesthetics are more pleasing.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - puggsoy - 02-15-2012

The only Mario sports games I've played are Mario Karts. I should give the others a go, Mario Hoops 3-on-3 looks OK.

Oh, and a game I'd like to see is a Zelda game where Link gets stranded on an island, and in the end he does not wake up from a dream. Seriously, I hate those kind of endings.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Keychain - 02-15-2012

an anime firstperson shooter

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Gors - 02-15-2012

kawaii headshot

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Proton - 02-15-2012

(02-15-2012, 03:18 AM)Tellis Wrote:

But how else will we have sports games that have actually interesting and fun gameplay elements beyond just "this is the sport"?
Why.
That's what sports game fans have wanted from sports games since the 80s.

The appeal of sports game is "this is the sport."
The companies push realism in the gameplay because that was always part of the appeal of sports games.

(02-15-2012, 03:18 AM)Tellis Wrote: No one's ever going greenlight arcadey sports games anymore without a big name like Mario to sell it.
There are multiple "arcade-y" sports games that have nothing to do with Mario, and sometimes are better than Mario ones.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Cobalt Blue - 02-16-2012

(02-15-2012, 03:18 AM)Tellis Wrote:

But how else will we have sports games that have actually interesting and fun gameplay elements beyond just "this is the sport"?
by making sports games that have actually interesting and fun gameplay elements that do not need to be tied to <Mario> to be actually taken into consideration.

see: Virtua Tennis.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Gors - 02-16-2012

aka: you can make a off-the-wall, interesting sport game without mario.

if your game is genuinely good you don't need to tie it with an icon to make it sell.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Gwen - 02-16-2012

So I found this from an artist on Tumblr while I had a tumblr for a shortwhile, and when I saw it, I knew that I wanted it to exist, even though there's no chance of it ever happening and it'd be to radular to contain.
[Image: 20icb5f.jpg]

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Gors - 02-16-2012

I have quite a few games:

Ai Shite Keeki
Sol: The Game
DIG
Space Jackal
Bullet Head
Gaucher
The Fighters Resource
TSRODIUS

And thanks to tSR, I think they'll come true!

except TSRODIUS

I'll miss that

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Vic - 02-16-2012

(02-16-2012, 12:18 PM)Gors Wrote: except TSRODIUS

I'll miss that

NO!

I REFUSE TO LET THAT ONE DIE!

- But Vic, its already dead.

I DONT CARE!!°°!°

Sad

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Viiper - 02-16-2012

I would really like another Mario Golf game for the Wii or WiiU

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - PrettyNier - 02-17-2012

Quote:if your game is genuinely good you don't need to tie it with an icon to make it sell.
the best games usually don't sell terribly well these days, son

ex.
god hand

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Gors - 02-17-2012

then

waiting for Mario skateboard game