The VG Resource
Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have (/thread-17120.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Cobalt Blue - 05-11-2011

(05-11-2011, 12:16 AM)Koopaul Wrote: I was wondering if they had a hybrid fighting and RPG game. I know a couple that merge a few elements from each genre but none that really dive deep enough.

I'm sure you guys probably know something that I don't.

hybrid Heaven, for the n64.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - GrooveMan.exe - 05-11-2011

(05-11-2011, 12:16 AM)Koopaul Wrote: I was wondering if they had a hybrid fighting and RPG game. I know a couple that merge a few elements from each genre but none that really dive deep enough.

Would have really irritating balance issues. If one player could level up a character more than the other, then it would be the unfairest game.

That's not to say that Fighting games don't have story (though that's both a good and bad thing) or stats (cuz that's one of the main ways of making characters different from each other!). But because they exist almost soley under a PVP context, the traditional concept of grinding or a sweeping epic of a plot would be an ill fit.

RPG beat-em-ups on the other hand? Very common, pretty damn awesome.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - NICKtendo DS - 05-11-2011

F-Zero X + Expansion Kit 3DS Remake (and add vehicles/pilots from GX and Climax)
When this happens, I'll cry rivers of joy.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Omegajak - 05-11-2011

(05-11-2011, 02:13 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote:

Would have really irritating balance issues. If one player could level up a character more than the other, then it would be the unfairest game.

That's not to say that Fighting games don't have story (though that's both a good and bad thing) or stats (cuz that's one of the main ways of making characters different from each other!). But because they exist almost soley under a PVP context, the traditional concept of grinding or a sweeping epic of a plot would be an ill fit.

RPG beat-em-ups on the other hand? Very common, pretty damn awesome.

Wasn't Tabal technically an RPG Fighter? I know this because I have both Tabal and Tabal 2 there's a dungeon element where you can bulk up characters. I'm not sure about using said character for the VS mode though.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Terminal Devastation - 05-11-2011

I don't really have any specific for these, but I'd honestly like to
see remakes that take a BAD game with a decent concept and actually make it work.

Also would like to see some sequels to any decent smaller game series that left off with one too many bizarre unresolved issues *Coughsigmastarsagacough**CoughCIMAtheEnemyCough*

MAYBE a smash bros cast in another genre.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Garamonde - 05-11-2011

I want Nintendo Puzzle Collection (U). Sad

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Shadowth117 - 05-11-2011

This:
[Image: star-wars-battlefront-3-logo.jpg]

Unfortunately it will never exist Sad

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Alpha Six - 05-11-2011

Sure it will!

Just only on the PSP.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Kriven - 05-11-2011

I think you could level-up Emerl in Sonic Battle. Even if I'm wrong about that, he had customizable battle mechanics, and the game had maps and story kind of like an RPG.

Though it's not very good.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Koopaul - 05-11-2011

Hm I suppose you could go in that direct like Sonic Battle.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Chutzpar - 05-11-2011

(05-11-2011, 03:03 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Sure it will!

Just only on the PSP.

That's roughly the same thing isn't it?

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Cobalt Blue - 05-11-2011

although a really light interpretation of it

fighting games do have a character growth system where the players is the one that develops experience and becomes more skilled as he fights over and over.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - tsr moderation staff - 05-12-2011

that would be pretty interesting to have an rpg where character growth relies on the growth of the player's skill, the only issue is that it would be very exclusive to people who suck at fighting games. oh wait, so is every fighting game ever. PROBLEM SOVLE

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - Cobalt Blue - 05-12-2011

(05-12-2011, 08:58 AM)[fish in space] Wrote: that would be pretty interesting to have an rpg where character growth relies on the growth of the player's skill, the only issue is that it would be very exclusive to people who suck at fighting games. oh wait, so is every fighting game ever. PROBLEM SOVLE

action rpgs, basically.

though the character growth on some games relies on the player's knowledge and experience to develop it.

RE: Non Existing Video Games You Would Love To Have - X Gamer 66 - 05-12-2011

I'm in a very 'card game' mood. I could go for a Metal Gear Acid 3. Or a new Yu-Gi-Oh for 3DS. Or a good Magic the Gathering game*.

*note: will never ever happen

Still waiting for a new Custom Robo, too.