The VG Resource
Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles (/thread-17089.html)

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Cobalt Blue - 06-29-2011

my vmu ceased to work a few years ago. i wonder if my chao is still trapped in there.

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Chaoxys - 06-29-2011

(06-29-2011, 02:51 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: I would LOVE to see a Chao garden, but I highly doubt we'll see one again in a Sonic game at least. They haven't done one for like what, 7 years now? I just can't see them doing it as much as I'd like to.

Heck they could make a standalone Chao garden, but give Chao fans something :/
I think a standalone chao game would get boring fast.

I mean, the fun in them, for me anyways, was raising them, and that means going through levels and what not. The GBA chao gardens were so boring compared to the console versions.

Don't get me wrong, I want them to bring Chao Gardens back, just not as a stand alone thing. THen again, allowing you to transfer them onto a 3DS chao garden would be cool.

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Cobalt Blue - 06-29-2011

the GBA chao gardens were boring because they were EXTREMELY limited, compared to the DC/GNC counterparts.

if anything, a standalone chao garden should have compatibility with a sonic game in a sense that you would be able to obtain stuff in game that you could later transfer to your chao. and vice versa. otherwise i'd end being ANOTHER tamagochi game.

(06-29-2011, 08:51 PM)CO2 Wrote: the GBA chao gardens were boring because they were EXTREMELY limited, compared to the DC/GNC counterparts.

if anything, a standalone chao garden should have compatibility with a sonic game in a sense that you would be able to obtain stuff in game that you could later transfer to your chao. and vice versa. otherwise i'd end being ANOTHER tamagochi game.
Yeah, thats what I meant with the 3DS chao garden thing. Idk, even with more content, it seems that a standalone Chao Garden would get boring, although they could add different modes to it or something. But yeah, being able to take it from the main sonic game and interact with it on the go would be fun. Or maybe have no Chao garden in the main sonic game, but instead you find an egg which can be transferred to the 3DS or something, idk.

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Garamonde - 06-29-2011

How about just a Sonic Adventure 3 that plays like the old ones with a new Chao Garden!

New animals and Chao along with the old ones. And it can be transferred to your 3DS and you can play with your Chao and play games and earn exclusive items and maybe even Chao eggs (like how you could find special items using the Poke Walker). There would be a lot more to do than the Tiny Chao Garden. It'd be called the... 3D Chao Garden.

Funny you should mention that. This was on GoNintendo:
Quote:- Sonic Storybook series is “a part of a trilogy of Sonic titles with the characters involved in fantastic stories.”
- when asked about the trilogy comment, the rep reaffirmed that another entry is coming
- another entry on the SEGA Superstars series
- when the rep was asked about Tails getting his own game, he responded with...

Something like a Sonic Adventure 3….DS? I think that would be a great idea.

Last line hints to Sonic Adventure 3.

(as for the storybook game, if they make another one, I'll be happy as long as it's either longer than the others, or plays like Unleashed/Colors, which I'm sure it will).

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Koopaul - 06-29-2011

Yeah I never minded the storybook games... as an IDEA. They were great ideas for new setting for Sonic to be in. But obviously they played pretty badly. Either way I hope for a Greek mythology story game next.

I kinda want Sonic in Wonderland, if only for the locations. I mean, mushroom forests, rose gardens, and a whole lot of crazy locations.

Also, it would probably have the Queen of Hearts as the main bad guy, and based on the awesome designs of the other foes, I can only imagine how she'd look.

Also, c'mon, Blaze as the Cheshire, it's perfect.

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - GrooveMan.exe - 06-30-2011

Blaze and the Cheshire Cat have pretty much entirely opposite personalities...

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - NICKtendo DS - 06-30-2011

I've been thinking. Sky Sanctuary Zone was chosen for a reason: Eggrobo.
I am secretly hoping for an appearance of Mecha Sonic (S3&K version). Imagining him in 3D... awesome! He is the star of that stage, the three phases against Sonic, the final battle against Knuckles, so it would be strange from him not to appear.

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Chaoxys - 06-30-2011

(06-30-2011, 03:07 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: Blaze and the Cheshire Cat have pretty much entirely opposite personalities...

I know. Thats one of the reasons I find the idea amusing.

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Rökkan - 06-30-2011

The Mexican SEGA rep only said that a Sonic Adventure 3DS would be a good idea, he already apologized for having insinuated that it was in the works, when it wasn't. It still might actually happen or development might be on the works, but SEGA doesn't want us to know though, but for now, let's face it as a false alarm.

Quote:Yeah I never minded the storybook games... as an IDEA. They were great ideas for new setting for Sonic to be in. But obviously they played pretty badly

Pretty much this. I really liked Secret Rings back then, but now I am afraid of replaying it and finding the gameplay to be very lackluster. Still, it's undeniable that in Secret Rings, they really made a great job on making Sonic elements fit in the setting, I love the artstyle. These fantasy settings are also a great idea to make Sonic games feel fresh and new, no opposition from me as long as they make a good gameplay. Apparently the same team made Colors so, I can only hope that they acknowledged that Black Knight lacked a lot of polish.

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Cobalt Blue - 07-01-2011

(06-30-2011, 05:38 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: I've been thinking. Sky Sanctuary Zone was chosen for a reason: Eggrobo.
I am secretly hoping for an appearance of Mecha Sonic (S3&K version). Imagining him in 3D... awesome! He is the star of that stage, the three phases against Sonic, the final battle against Knuckles, so it would be strange from him not to appear.

[Image: Mecha_Sonic_v2_0_by_SefirothDB.jpg]

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - NICKtendo DS - 07-01-2011

(07-01-2011, 01:56 AM)CO2 Wrote:
(06-30-2011, 05:38 AM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: I've been thinking. Sky Sanctuary Zone was chosen for a reason: Eggrobo.

[Image: Mecha_Sonic_v2_0_by_SefirothDB.jpg]

Seen this before. Still frikkin' epic. SEGA has to make this so I can fight it and even if the fight lasts only seconds, I will enjoy it. They really should remake the scene where Eggrobo abducts Knuckles (or in this case Sonic), but gets destroyed by Mecha Sonic, resulting in an epic battle between hedgehogs, flesh and steel. Not.. that Metal Sonic is not epic to fight, but we've fought him more than his bigger (and younger) brother.
Likely not to happen, but who knows? It is Sky Sanctuary Zone, famous for the scene where Mecha Sonic keeps you from invading the Death Egg in time.

RE: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Britt - 07-04-2011

I just had a realization.

The Tiny Chao Garden could more or less have been the Origin of the DS Download Play function, seeing as it was
the first game on a nintendo console you could transfer to a portable without a game cartridge. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)