The VG Resource
Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles (/thread-17089.html)

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Kriven - 04-18-2011

Shadow might just be playable on recreations of some of the SA2 levels, such as Radical Highway.

Or they're recreating a Shadow stage in order to cover everything.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Omegajak - 04-19-2011

I quoted a lot of post in this thread from 3 pages then I realized that this game isn't out, I have not played it, and thus can't try to talk smack, talk back, or argue anything I find severely lacking. I will say this though!

I'd better get some GAWD DAMN reference to Sonic R. DON'T CHEAT ME SEGA.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Rökkan - 04-19-2011

(04-18-2011, 09:19 PM)Wakko Warner Wrote:
(04-18-2011, 09:15 PM)Vipershark Wrote: but how will shadow work in terms of "classic shadow"

are they gonna cartoonize him and make him chubby?

Ether they won't bother retrotizing him or they'll make him look somewhat like this:
[Image: Shadow__Classic_Sonic_style_by_PsuC.jpg]

eugh that's awfully drawn

Don't get your hopes up people, Classic and Modern Sonic are the only ones that will be playable. The other characters will appear for sure, after all, this is trying to sum all the 20 years of the franchise in one game, but don't expect them as playable characters or anything. It'll be cool to see Classic Tails and Classic Knuckles alongside their modern counterparts!

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Goemar - 04-19-2011

Why would Shadow be in the classic Sonic levels? He'd just be in the SA2 levels and thus look like Shadow.

And I stand by SA2 being pretty pants and Sonic 4 being more enjoyable than it. The Tails and Eggman levels we're awful and the Knuckles and Slut Bat levels was pretty dull. Yes Sonic and Shadow had nice levels but what how many we're there? 4 each? Didn't seem like many.
I think SA2 gets a lot of love because it was the first sonic game played by the "new" sonic fans and had a stupid Chao garden which sucked ass but most Poke-fans loved.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Vipershark - 04-19-2011

(04-19-2011, 06:49 PM)Goemar Wrote: Why would Shadow be in the classic Sonic levels? He'd just be in the SA2 levels and thus look like Shadow.

By that logic, Modern Sonic shouldn't be in Green Hill Zone. But he is.

Quote:I think SA2 gets a lot of love because it was the first sonic game played by the "new" sonic fans and had a stupid Chao garden which sucked ass but most Poke-fans loved.
Sonic Adventure 1 had the chao garden before SA2.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Cobalt Blue - 04-19-2011

"themed" stage after greenhill.

also goemar yes we get it you dont like SA2 for balls reasons, move on.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - TomGuycott - 04-19-2011

Ugh, this thread is so hard to keep track of, it fills up with decades worth of posting in a microsecond.

Also I'm calling it now that the villain is some sort of stupid big monster. When hasn't it been since Sonic Adventure? (Advanced games aside, they were always Eggman, not sure about the other handhelds though.)

(04-19-2011, 07:48 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Ugh, this thread is so hard to keep track of, it fills up with decades worth of posting in a microsecond.

Also I'm calling it now that the villain is some sort of stupid big monster. When hasn't it been since Sonic Adventure? (Advanced games aside, they were always Eggman, not sure about the other handhelds though.)

Gee a Sonic game where you fight something ridiculously larger than Sonic himself. Heck why stop there? DAMN WELL BETTER NOT BE SOMETHING LARGER THAN SONIC IN SPACE THAT'D piss us BOTH off Tom.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - TomGuycott - 04-19-2011

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not. I don't mean that big monsters or enemies IN GENERAL are stupid, but I can safely tell you that THIS

[Image: 62.gif]

is NOT an example of a good final boss, or even a BOSS for that matter. What the hell IS this thing!? That's EXACTLY what I thought when I got through Sonic Adventure 2, which was a pretty cool game UP until that point.

(04-19-2011, 08:37 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not. I don't mean that big monsters or enemies IN GENERAL are stupid, but I can safely tell you that THIS

[Image: 62.gif]

is NOT an example of a good final boss, or even a BOSS for that matter. What the hell IS this thing!? That's EXACTLY what I thought when I got through Sonic Adventure 2, which was a pretty cool game UP until that point.

I can safely tell you Tom, that had you been paying attention to the numerous pictures of "Project SHADOW" that didn't actually LOOK like Shadow the Hedgehog in SA2/SA2B (Yes the B makes a difference Battle is CASTLY superior to SA2) You'd know Shadow wasn't going to be the last boss. While I agree a giant Lizard isn't my idea of boss, listening to Live and Learn swapping between two Super Saiyanhogs, with a timer that can very well run out if you fuck up enough, hurtling into the stratosphere all at the same time? That scenario pretty much makes up for any second guessing that might have occurred in my mind about boss design. Plus Giant Water monsters? Giant Fire Monsters? Giant Eggs? Laser Beam Hallways? Ridiculous, over the top, and non-sensical has been Sonic's prerogative since day 1.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Kriven - 04-19-2011

I like BioLizard 3: He was always kind of cool in my mind. A simple design, and a fun solo-fight with Shadow.

I started to draw my line at Metal Overlord. Mostly because they twisted Metal Sonic into something he didn't need to be.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Vipershark - 04-20-2011

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/tvplayer/4PlayersTV/Alle/26733/71509/Sonic_Generations/Spielszenen.html

More gameplay footage.

Classic Sonic looks pretty fun, and modern sonic is literally a reskin of the Unleashed 360 engine. Even the sound effects are the exact same.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Kairos - 04-20-2011

(04-20-2011, 11:19 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Even the sound effects are the exact same.

No. No other game has ever used the same sound effects in other games ever. Especially not the older Sonic games, or even classic Sonic in this one. You're right.

With all that said, this game looks really, really good. Can't wait.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Key - 04-20-2011

guys

"covering everything"

NEW CHAO WORLD

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Vipershark - 04-20-2011

What's up with the instant stop at 9 seconds?

also, the music during the modern part was a nice touch
when sonic was stopped, walking, or running normal speed, it was a more relaxed, jazzy arrangement of ghz
when he was boosting, it turned itno a faster rock/metal arrangement

though the constant switching sounded kind of bad
i hope they fix the transitions