The VG Resource
Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Rev Up Those Sonic Cycles (/thread-17089.html)

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - GrooveMan.exe - 04-11-2011

Naw, Chronicles as a game is generally considered as meh, if not just bad. A lot of its positive claim is pretty much through Brand Name, depending on whether Sonic or Bioware gives you the bigger hard-on. It's not the worst RPG known to man by any means, but it's sloppily produced and reeks of missed opportunities.

I gave up on the game because there were a ton of other RPGs on the DS that were better and more fun to play. Please stop making this about you.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Vipershark - 04-11-2011

(04-11-2011, 03:52 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Okay, I should've said I didn't play 3D Blast much. I played it some with my cousin but we never got to finish. Yes the Diamond Dust Zone song sounds nice, but I didn't mind any of SC's music.

Vipershark and everyone, stop insulting me for liking games because you don't like them. Respect other's opinions, like I respect yours for liking what you like. This thread isn't for being like "HOW COULD YOU LIKE THIS GAME IT'S TERRIBLE WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU".

(Don't gang on me for speaking the truth)

when did i insult you
there was no insult in that post
nobody is ganging up on you, jetters

there's a difference between lighthearted discussion in which me make fun of each other and flat out insults

nobody is saying that you're bad for liking a terrible game
as grooveman said, not everything is about you

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Garamonde - 04-11-2011

I know it's not about me but I'm just saying every time I say I like a game, everyone else comes to say that it's terrible, when I really enjoyed it. I can understand if you don't like it, I just don't like when it goes beyond that.

(Like I know you think Silver and the other characters didn't do much good for the series but I just loved them all, but the argument ensued more)

I'm not "backpedalling" or whatever I'm just saying.

We say that to every single person here
it's not JETTERS DOESNT LIKE A GAME LETS TALK ABOUT HER

did you not see how we just did the the same thing to koopaul about donkey kong

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Kriven - 04-11-2011

Vipe was being a goofball. No offense should be taken. If he'd said that to me, I would've just laughed.

There's a difference between screwing around and insulting...

exactly

Well... nevermind, sorry. I don't even know what "masochist" means...

Anyway has anyone played that old Flicky game it was fun. I'm good at it actually.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - GrooveMan.exe - 04-11-2011

(04-11-2011, 11:49 AM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: I want crossover stages that mix old Zones/Areas with new ones.

Ice Cap x Sweet Mountain, where you snowboard down a mountain of ice cream. Fuck. Yes.

Quoting to reaffirm what a great idea this would be, honest.

Sandopolis X Mystic Mansion. Gravity flippin', Light switchin', Ghost bustin'.

Bring back Hang Castle, and definitely Mystic Mansion.

I want a level like Bingo Highway again too...

EDIT: BULLET STATION!

you know what level needs to come back

RADICAL TRAIN

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - DioShiba - 04-11-2011

wheres the love for starlight zone?

that was my favorite level from the original game.

mix that with that grand metropolis and I'm set.

(04-11-2011, 05:04 PM)Sweet Hot Vegas Wrote: wheres the love for starlight zone?

that was my favorite level from the original game.

I remember no Starlight Zone, but then I didn't play the original game but one time or a couple.

But umm... let's imagine... Mushroom Forest Zone in 3D. That sounds cool for some reason.

EDIT: I'd like Spring Stadium if not just for the music.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - Chutzpar - 04-11-2011

Sunset park remake pls

Basically just for the music in act 3.

RE: Warm up the Sonic Cycle - StarSock64 - 04-11-2011

I think all the hype and concern over Sonic's old design is kind of silly. I don't think it looks that grandly superior, at least not in 3D. Just fix Sonic's ugly current model and his weird brows already, oh my god those brows.

Anyway considering I haven't enjoyed the gameplay styles of the latest sonic games I've played (which includes Sonic Unleashed Wii and does not include Colors so yeah not entirely fair opinion), I'm really not interested in playing levels I've already played, or even new levels, with that darn "behind-the-hog" camera nonsense. The whole "run forward and strafe left and right" thing is completely boring to look at or play. The camera issues with the adventure games never really bothered me, and I'd rather have some little difficulties with the camera and have it do something interesting than have it stay static. More importantly I'd like to get to move in a way that doesn't remind me of those old handheld racecar things where you only move left and right to dodge things. The turns and 3-dimensional-ness in the Adventure, Heroes or even '06 games made everything about the levels and gameplay more fun. The 2D sections I really don't care too much about because I'm not paying full price only to enjoy the 2D sections, assuming this is a full-priced game. If it wasn't full-priced I'd consider it at best, considering reviews have a habit of saying "oh this is pretty good!" and then I end up hating it.

Jetters I...I just have to ask. Do you play anything that's not a mascot game? And I hope you realize "good taste" and criticism aren't there just to show off and get on each other about, you should be able to think deeper than "I like this because...I do!" When things are bad, they're not worth your money and you could be spending your time on better experiences. Yes, of course, the whole thing's subjective and people are going to have different opinions, but really, it's important to be able to recognize what's bad and be able to reason out to yourself what makes something good. Saying "I liked it" and "oh I didn't like it" and stopping there adds nothing to your character or understanding or thought process or...y'know, lots of things. Other perspectives and "broadening your horizons" and all that junk makes you a better thinker overall.

(04-11-2011, 05:32 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: I think all the hype and concern over Sonic's old design is kind of silly. I don't think it looks that grandly superior, at least not in 3D. Just fix Sonic's ugly current model and his weird brows already, oh my god those brows.

I agree.
I personally prefer modern sonic to classic sonic, but I dislike his current "stumpy" look

they made his arms and legs shorter and it looks really bad; i prefer his sonic 06 model