The VG Resource
TSR PokeDex Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: TSR PokeDex Project (/thread-15396.html)

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 05-04-2011

I am on about the ideas for the trio.
the buddha/ganesh and orisis/ra god pokemon

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Perseus - 05-04-2011

No one ever said the trio was going to be invincible

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 05-04-2011

koopaul did though

Ok, would you point out to me where he says it?

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Garamonde - 05-04-2011

Koopaul Wrote:In the Pokemon games you face these god-like deities and yet you could still beat them up with your ordinary Pokemon. So I figure make them invincible. They can't loose HP because the have no hearts. So the goal of the game is to give these Pokemon hearts so you can battle them and capture them.

However he never stated that they were permanantly invincible, because then you'd never be able to fight them.

(05-04-2011, 03:21 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
Koopaul Wrote:In the Pokemon games you face these god-like deities and yet you could still beat them up with your ordinary Pokemon. So I figure make them invincible. They can't loose HP because the have no hearts. So the goal of the game is to give these Pokemon hearts so you can battle them and capture them.

However he never stated that they were permanantly invincible, because then you'd never be able to fight them.

But isn't he talking about the science and magic Pokemon?

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Garamonde - 05-04-2011

(05-04-2011, 03:23 PM)Ike Wrote:
(05-04-2011, 03:21 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:

But isn't he talking about the science and magic Pokemon?

Oh right, well he didn't say anything else about the god Pokemon (the Ra one and the buddha one), I don't think. Even they wouldn't be invincible forever. Also I don't think they were part of the trio.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - mutantyoshi - 05-04-2011

So for the duo, what animals or plants should we base them off of?

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - NICKtendo DS - 05-04-2011

And now something totally unrelated to the legendaries:
[Image: dunscamon.jpg]

Dunscamon (Dung Beetle+Scarab Beetle+Tutanchamon)
Type: Ground/Bug
Snowballing Pokémon

It rolls a small rock with his hind legs to collect scrap to feed on afterwards. When it ages, its shell hue becomes golden.

As the name suggests, it's based on both a dung beetle and a scarab beetle.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - KP Shadow - 05-04-2011

Okay, that sounds good. Maybe tie the emotional aspect into the rock paper scissors trio (After being the first to figure out a combo that would work and makes sense, I don't want that to go to waste).

Also, for the third version mascot, I'd like to suggest a Pokémon of Chaos

Type: Dark
Pokédex Entry: A being of chaos that was summoned to this world by an ancient tribe. Devoid of the intelligence of Science or the focus of Magic, it seeks only to destroy.

Also, I'd like to propose that the duo of the main pair be less of forces of destruction and more mindless automatons that see the destructive acts as means to an end (For the Science Pokémon, solving the mysteries of the universe through SCIENCE!!, for the Magic Pokémon, perfecting the art of magic), while the main villain sees solving the mysteries of the universe/perfecting the art of magic as part of his plan to take over the world. The Pokémon achieving its goal has a side effect that happens to be the villain's goal, through which the Pokémon's goal is a means of achieving their own.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - mutantyoshi - 05-04-2011

I like the idea, but it doesnt tie into the story that Koopaul said, If we do a third one, it should not be made by man, but by nature, and the two groups that joined forces from both "tribes" try to search for this beast to stop the other two man-made Pokemon from destroying their region, which is how they solve the problem, and the whole heart thing Koopaul said will tie into this somehow, probably at the end.

Kinda think of it as the "GodzillaBig Grinestroy All Monsters" where all the monsters besides the Jappanese Godzilla, (I say this because there is an American Godzilla, also in the movie, the one that attacked NYC, also the one that looks more t-Rex like and not some movie monster costume) are brainwashed by aliens (I believe) and Jappanese Godzilla destroys them all one by one.

But in our case there are two man-made and one true legendary Pokemon of the region and non of them are brainwashed.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 05-04-2011

They aren't gods, I wanted to go in a different direction than the games have been going.

You see when Pokemon loose a battle they don't die, they simply loose their will to battle. But these two Pokemon were made with no souls. Therefor they cannot loose their will to battle, they cannot be captured or tamed!

Only by facing these Pokemon with the three special legendaries can the heartless Pokemon gain a heart and be captured.

Unless you got a better idea.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Baegal - 05-04-2011

I really like the idea for the trio and legendaries, but I think the science should be based on more ancient sciences, and not mechanical aspects if it is a legend. May I suggest Alchemy?

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - stache - 05-04-2011

(05-04-2011, 07:05 PM)Baegal Wrote: I really like the idea for the trio and legendaries, but I think the science should be based on more ancient sciences, and not mechanical aspects if it is a legend. May I suggest Alchemy?

Alchemy and early sciences are very closely related to magic, so that wouldnt really work that well.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Baegal - 05-04-2011

huh, fair enough, but it wouldn't make much sense with all sorts of high-tech machinery.
[Very Very] rough design for magic dragon?
[Image: LIAc3.png]