The VG Resource
TSR PokeDex Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: TSR PokeDex Project (/thread-15396.html)

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - NICKtendo DS - 05-02-2011

I did read the last few posts, but I had this idea that I wanted to post. It doesn't concern the RPS trio and all the trouble that revolves around it.
I am in no way interfering with the starters etc. as I just posted an idea.

EDIT:
The Rasiris goes with the Neshdah on the previous page.
I had the idea to combine the mind-matter/body-mind-spirit idea with deities of various beliefs. Ganesh being a Hindi God and Ra being an Egyption God.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 05-02-2011

perhaps the other legendary of the trio can be a cross between the aztec two headed seperent and cerebus guard dog of the roman underworld

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Perseus - 05-02-2011

Well seeing as we're on about myths and gods, here's an idea I posted earlier

(02-12-2011, 05:27 AM)Ike Wrote: OK, so for the Legendary Trio we've got the rock, paper, scissors idea
Well I was thinking maybe we could have three mythical horses based on the "Big Three" in Greek mythology, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. The Zeus one could be based on a pegasus and be Electric/Flying, the Poseidon one could be based on a hippocampus and be Water. I haven't yet decided what the Hades one could be based off, but it could be Dark/Fire (because I was thinking its' mane and tail could be on fire).
I'll put some designs up later.
Also, if you don't like this idea, I could change it and make the horses be based off the Earth. One could represent the sky, one the sea and one the earth or ground.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - supersmashbrawl - 05-02-2011

(05-02-2011, 01:12 PM)Ike Wrote: Well seeing as we're on about myths and gods, here's an idea I posted earlier

(02-12-2011, 05:27 AM)Ike Wrote: OK, so for the Legendary Trio we've got the rock, paper, scissors idea
Well I was thinking maybe we could have three mythical horses based on the "Big Three" in Greek mythology, Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. The Zeus one could be based on a pegasus and be Electric/Flying, the Poseidon one could be based on a hippocampus and be Water. I haven't yet decided what the Hades one could be based off, but it could be Dark/Fire (because I was thinking its' mane and tail could be on fire).
I'll put some designs up later.
Also, if you don't like this idea, I could change it and make the horses be based off the Earth. One could represent the sky, one the sea and one the earth or ground.

For Hades, maybe a hellhound like a 2-3 headed dog

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - KP Shadow - 05-02-2011

(05-01-2011, 07:28 PM)Koopaul Wrote: You do realize that the Rock Paper Scissors trio was supposed to be the equivalent of the Regis not Groudon and Kyogre.

Also scissors doesn't have to be Steel. You need to forget what these things are made of.

Trapinch is not a Bug type, why should Scissors be Steel?

Yeah.

Also, the ice type was supposed to be a reference to Cold Steel, a manufacturer of bladed weapons.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 05-02-2011

I don't like messing with the Pokemon lore too much, that's why I kinda wanted the legendaries to not be that important, like Lugia and Ho-Oh.

I did have this idea: that long ago there was this region where two tribes of people lived. Once they lived in harmony but that all changed. One tribe mastered science and technology and wanted to make their world based on that. The other tribe mastered sorcery and magic and wanted to make their world based on that.

A war broke out, the tribe of science used their machines to create a powerful Pokemon of Science. The other tribe used their spells to make a Pokemon of Magic. Because these Pokemon were made for war they had no hearts. They could not be controlled and nearly destroyed everyone. The Pokemon were invincible without hearts and could not be captured by even the strongest Pokemon Trainers. Finally before the region was entirely destroyed the last members of the Tribe of Science and the Tribe of Magic worked together to put the beasts to sleep. And to this day they rest beneath the region.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 05-03-2011

Cool idea, maybe they could have a fossiled layer round them and the only way to wake them up is to use the defollisiling machine and turn them into there orignal form.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - KP Shadow - 05-03-2011

(05-02-2011, 08:41 PM)Koopaul Wrote: I don't like messing with the Pokemon lore too much, that's why I kinda wanted the legendaries to not be that important, like Lugia and Ho-Oh.

I did have this idea: that long ago there was this region where two tribes of people lived. Once they lived in harmony but that all changed. One tribe mastered science and technology and wanted to make their world based on that. The other tribe mastered sorcery and magic and wanted to make their world based on that.

A war broke out, the tribe of science used their machines to create a powerful Pokemon of Science. The other tribe used their spells to make a Pokemon of Magic. Because these Pokemon were made for war they had no hearts. They could not be controlled and nearly destroyed everyone. The Pokemon were invincible without hearts and could not be captured by even the strongest Pokemon Trainers. Finally before the region was entirely destroyed the last members of the Tribe of Science and the Tribe of Magic worked together to put the beasts to sleep. And to this day they rest beneath the region.

Yes, YES!

Also, Some design suggestions:
Science Pokémon - Either a hulking creature made of machinery, cylinders of strange liquid, and tubes connecting parts of it, or a small, sleek, metallic humanoid. Or, alternatively, we could go with one basic premise (Giant beast or small humanoid), and have two different forms (If caught in its own version, the smoother, sleeker aesthetic, if caught in the postgame of the other version (Assuming we have the "Catch the other version's legendary in the postgame" thing they had in GS) or though some special event (Possibly exposure to some object in each version changes the forms), the more mechanical aesthetic, or vice versa.

Magic Pokémon - Some sort of ornate dragon, with either a more menacing, darker-colored design hinting at black magic, or a more peaceful, lighter-colored design hinting at white magic. If we do the different form for each version thing, its own version would go for lighter colored, and the opposite version (Yet again, in the postgame or through an event) gets the darker form, or vise versa.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - stache - 05-03-2011

Guys, if that is the idea for the duo, I have an idea for the trio.

Emotions.

Happiness, Neutrality, Sadness

I was thinking drama masks for each of them, reinforcing their emotions. The story is that the world was divided into two regions, (reinforcing the two regions of science and magic), and one region was overly happy and the other was overly sad. They clashed a lot, and so the neutral came in an intervened.
We can build on the story. Any comments/?

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 05-03-2011

Yes I was thinking it would be neat for once if the mascot legendaries were actually threatening. In the Pokemon games you face these god-like deities and yet you could still beat them up with your ordinary Pokemon. So I figure make them invincible. They can't loose HP because the have no hearts. So the goal of the game is to give these Pokemon hearts so you can battle them and capture them.

The idea that the legendary trio are based off of emotions is a good idea, they are the key to giving these Pokemon hearts.

The story can also be that the villain hopes to rule the world with this invincible Pokemon and wakes it from it's sleep. But ofcourse he can not control it and dooms the world.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - stache - 05-03-2011

So can we agree on thE science/magic duo and the emotions trio? They fit perfectly

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 05-04-2011

gods are only invicible when they are in heaven,
For example Jesus was not invicible when he came down to earth, he died for us

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Garamonde - 05-04-2011

That's true, but I don't think he said that they actually were gods.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 05-04-2011

arceus is the god of pokemon yet it could be defeated
on bublapedia it was said to have created the known universe

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Perseus - 05-04-2011

Yeah, but Koopaul's Pokemon aren't gods, as Mighty Jetters said (and Jesus wasn't a god)