The VG Resource
TSR PokeDex Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: TSR PokeDex Project (/thread-15396.html)

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 04-12-2011

The design needs work but i love the idea of a locomotive Pokemon. Perhaps Steel/ Fire would be a better type choice.

Also a candy Pokemon sounds sweet... heheheh.

If it's peppermint perhaps Fire/ Ice is a good choice.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Geekz_R_us - 04-12-2011

(04-12-2011, 07:56 PM)Koopaul Wrote: The design needs work but i love the idea of a locomotive Pokemon. Perhaps Steel/ Fire would be a better type choice.

Also a candy Pokemon sounds sweet... heheheh.

If it's peppermint perhaps Fire/ Ice is a good choice.
I would love to see a fire/ice pokemon Big Grin

I'm kinda drained of ideas because of common type match-ups and black and white.
Maybe a pokemon based off of everyday items. Like a bowl or pencil.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Chaoxys - 04-12-2011

(04-12-2011, 01:57 PM)Saffron Wrote:
(04-12-2011, 10:38 AM)Chaoxys Wrote: You know, I was thinking, for the 3 stage ghost type of this gen, what if the first was based off a paint brush, second was a painting, and 3rd was a bust? I mean they all fit for things you'd see in a haunted house of some sort (paintbrush aside).

I don't think the painting should evolve into a bust, we have shouldn't have tit pokemon they're two entirely different forms of art. maybe the third stage could be a ghostly portrait, like with the eyes that follow you?
Well the concept was to base it off of forms of art, but I see your point. Maybe the first form cab looks like a paintbrush or something (I imagining it looking somewhat like Litwik, maybe even making some kinda connection with it), the second form would be based off of a painting, and the final can be based off of a spooky framed mirror (It's closer in relation than a bust, plus it could be steel/ghost).

I'll draw some designs tomorrow most likely.

EDIT- I like the idea of the candy pokemon but those designs seem a bit too straight forward. Maybe give the base form ears that look like the twist part of the wrapper or something. I understand that Vaniluxe is also straight forward but it works with him since the cone is also comparable to an icicle and what not, the ones you have however look like flat out candy with faces.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 04-12-2011

I was always interested in a Ghost Pokemon that used those bone moves. You know, Bone Club, Bone Rush, Bonemerang.

A nice skeleton Pokemon.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Chaoxys - 04-12-2011

(04-12-2011, 11:21 PM)Koopaul Wrote: I was always interested in a Ghost Pokemon that used those bone moves. You know, Bone Club, Bone Rush, Bonemerang.

A nice skeleton Pokemon.

Hmmm... You've just given me an idea. Hopefully I can put my idea to paper, or MSPaint in this case.

Also, I'm doing gender specific forms based on a concept I saw on Deviantart. I'm not copying the designs, I just like the form concept this one guy did.

He made a painting/mirror ghost pokemon, the male being a painting, the female being a mirror, either way mine won't look anything like his or use the same types or theme (his was emotion based I believe).

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Medevenx - 04-13-2011

(04-12-2011, 06:07 PM)Wes Wrote: This idea was tossed around on an old fakemon project on another forum I go to a few years ago. At the time I thought it was implausible, but now that we have Vanilluxe and its family I think it would be a realistic idea.

Starts off as a normal type (or maybe rock because it's hard candy). it becomes one of three evolutions (evolves by level, maybe changing based on base stats, knowing a move, or holding certain items). All evolutions keep the main type and gain a subtype. Fighting for lollipop, Dark for jawbreaker (or maybe rock if the main type is normal), and Flying for the cotton candy (or maybe Ghost)

[Image: candypokemon.png]

the designs can easily be changed. Originally I had the 3rd evolution being a empty candy wrapper, but I liked the cotton candy idea more. The lollipop had another lollipop at the bottom end of its stick, which then had many little legs like the first stage had.

I like this a lot! Then you let him hold Rare Candy to evolve him into the Jawbreaker Pokemon

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 04-13-2011

what about a panda pokemon
how about a komodo dragon pokemon

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Geekz_R_us - 04-13-2011

(04-13-2011, 01:14 PM)matt462 Wrote: what about a panda pokemon
how about a komodo dragon pokemon
Well spinda is a panda (sorta). What are you planning for it to be like?

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - LeleleleMAXIMUM - 04-13-2011

matt: the komodo was last page, and the panda is way back when.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Chaoxys - 04-13-2011

Mkay, tried my hand at the ghosts.
[Image: j0fo7s.jpg]
If you look to the right, you will see smaller pictures that show the evolved forms when "Hiding" which should give you and idea as to how they would look when not posing (Doesn't show faces).

First stage is like Nidoran. Same name for both, just with a female/male version (or it could just be gender based forms). I tried to base it off both a paint brush and a makeup brush.

First stage Male is physically based off of small table pictures. The frames open up as his arms (look at small version on the right for better idea). He's based off of the idea of eyes following you on a painting.

First stage Female is based off of a small personal mirror. The idea behind it is it's based on ones reflections being manipulated to scare them, or having images appear in the mirror. As with all evolved forms, check to the right to see it in a base pose. Figured I'd say that to avoid people thinking some only have one arm.

Second stage M is based off of a painting, once again, where the eyes follow you. I made the design look somewhat like an old man

Second stage F is based off of a standing mirror (one that was in the attic of a house my mom moved into). Again, the idea is having the reflection manipulated. The design is somewhat based on an older woman.

Also, no names so far since I'm not sure if they'd be different forms or separate pokemon.

EDIT- Oh, this is probably obvious but I'll say it just in case. On most of the pictures, I have one arm in the base pose position and the other up. The base pose being the position it would take to make itself look like a normal piece of furniture.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Sengir - 04-14-2011

my mouse is jittery as hell + i suck at drawing with a mouse even without jitteriness
[Image: qAVRz.png]

my take on the hard candy & jawbreaker pokemon

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 04-14-2011

I was thinking maybe the Candy Pokemon could be the new Pokeball Fake. The candy pattern looks like a Pokeball perhaps.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Sengir - 04-14-2011

I kinda had that thought, but there's 3 generations between the current two, so I thought it might not be a good idea to do one right after the other.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Chaoxys - 04-14-2011

Just a though, as an alternative to it having multiple evolutions, make this guy the snorlax of this gen. Have it evolve into the jawbreaker, and give it fitting stats and what not. Also I was bored so I tried my hand at it.

[Image: 2lkwk5y.jpg]

I tried making his hands look like the twisted parts of a candy wrapper (and I added a 3rd which is a hair tuft). I tried to make it look somewhat like an actual creature, but it may look too much like a piece of candy with legs. Idk, I tried to avoid that.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Garamonde - 04-14-2011

Say, umm... how does everyone feel about a volcanic plant Pokemon? It'd be Grass/Fire, and have 2 or three forms, haven't decided. I just came up with the idea.