The VG Resource
TSR PokeDex Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: TSR PokeDex Project (/thread-15396.html)

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - stache - 03-26-2011

I think we all agree that the jack-o-lantern pokemon should be sketched.

Also, guys, more people need to "approve" this before I can sketch it:
Quote:The first stage would be a bacteriophage, steel poison, (thing that looks like a lunarcraft), and then, early on (level 15 or something), it would evolve into one of two evolutions, depending how many times that pokemon has been healed at the pokecenter. If it has been healed often, it would become a prokaryote looking pokemon. (Capsule body with a flagella tail). It would be water poison. If it has not been healed often, it would become a virus pokemon, just plain poison.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Chaoxys - 03-26-2011

(03-26-2011, 08:04 PM)Wes Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 06:17 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: I can't remember, has there been a pokemon based around the idea of luck and lucky items? I could see it having an interesting ability that would take the idea of luck into account.
Chancey was somewhat based on luck, because you had to be very lucky to find it. And then it's unique held items Lucky Egg and Lucky Punch.
Well, needing luck to find it and using the word luck is different than actually being themed around the idea of luck and lucky items and what not. I mean things like horse shoes, clovers, rabbit feet, ect.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Geekz_R_us - 03-26-2011

Here's some ideas:
Mammals
- Mole
- Fox/wolf ( Screw Vulpix Big Grin )
- Bear ( Thinkin' a fighting or Psychic type )
- A boxing Kangaroo ( I have a pretty good sketch of this already )
Bird
- Owl ( Not like Noctowl though )
- Eagle
- Flamigo - Who's with me!? Big Grin
Oceanic/relating to water
- Mermaid???
- Seaweed/grass
- Typhoon Big Grin
Other
- Virus
- Eraser Question
- Ghost Fire :\
Humanoids
- Ninja/ Theif
- Goblin -> Troll???
- Skull warrior Big Grin Oh ye-ah

Ok, half of those are already pokemon, (mole=drilbur/diglet, bear=ursaring, owl=how would you make it not like noctowl, seaweed=?,

virus=
Quote:The first stage would be a bacteriophage, steel poison, (thing that looks like a lunarcraft), and then, early on (level 15 or something), it would evolve into one of two evolutions, depending how many times that pokemon has been healed at the pokecenter. If it has been healed often, it would become a prokaryote looking pokemon. (Capsule body with a flagella tail). It would be water poison. If it has not been healed often, it would become a virus pokemon, just plain poison.

ninja/thief=sneasel)

I appreciate all the ideas, but try to get more in detail on the specific design of one instead of a broad overview of all of them, because then we dont know how ITS NOT GOING TO BE like vulpix or noctowl.

(03-26-2011, 08:38 PM)( }: Wrote: Ok, half of those are already pokemon, (mole=drilbur/diglet, bear=ursaring, owl=how would you make it not like noctowl, seaweed=?,

virus=

ninja/thief=sneasel)

I appreciate all the ideas, but try to get more in detail on the specific design of one instead of a broad overview of all of them, because then we dont know how ITS NOT GOING TO BE like vulpix or noctowl.

Well. For one. I haven't played B/W yet. To make it not like an already made pokemon chose a different type/types and two give it a back story or something. Like Uxie, Azelf, and Mespirt.

Which is why I am saying to tell us those types, and the possible back story. So we understand the difference, because I'm sure what you thought up was good, but it is hard to visualize something that isn't described.

I have personally started some sketches on the virus idea I gave a while back, they will be up sooner or later.

Yeah. I'm really excited about this, I have SOOOOO many things I want to show off. It would be really cool if gamefreak saw this and made a game!!!

Jar pokemon anyone?
Did anyone see the sprite I made for the Spinosaurus?

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Chaoxys - 03-26-2011

(03-26-2011, 08:54 PM)Shadow Penguin Wrote: Jar pokemon anyone?
Lazily edited KH enemy anyone?

Seriously, if you are going to suggest something, put some originality into it please.

It was just a suggestion dude. I was just showing a visual of what the "skeleton" of the pot dude would look like. It's harder than it is. Sad

This is the owl Pkmn I was talking about earlier
Name: Owlurk
Type: Dark/Flying
Story/Dex entry: It is said that it is Natu's evil twin. It's eyes can pierce into ones mind and see their fate...

[Image: blargc.jpg]
Left is a sketch of the Jar. Right is a new pkmn Idea, I call him Stoven.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - GrooveMan.exe - 03-26-2011

(03-26-2011, 09:10 PM)Shadow Penguin Wrote: [Image: blargc.jpg]

The Pot Spider and the OldStove already exist, babe.

(03-26-2011, 09:39 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 09:10 PM)Shadow Penguin Wrote: [Image: blargc.jpg]

The Pot Spider and the OldStove already exist, babe.
1) Awwww 2) Why the heck did you call me babe?!? O_O
Anyways They were just Ideas. I have never played KH. Or where ever... that ... stove thing came from...

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 03-27-2011

There's nothing wrong with a Jar or Stove Pokemon. You just need to come up with something that sets them a part from other Jar and Stove creatures.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Perseus - 03-27-2011

(03-26-2011, 08:20 PM)Shadow Penguin Wrote: I'll Sketch the Jack-o-Lantern since I suggested it ( I think )
OK. Here's the Jack-o-lantern.Who thinks we should call him " Jack-o-lite?

It can't be called Jack-o-lite because it's got to many characters. It has to have a maximum of 10

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Hoeloe - 03-27-2011

(03-26-2011, 08:54 PM)Shadow Penguin Wrote: Did anyone see the sprite I made for the Spinosaurus?

Yes. To be honest, it's pretty awful. It has very sketchy outlines, MS Paint default colours and no shading to speak of.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Geekz_R_us - 03-27-2011

(03-27-2011, 06:48 AM)Hoeloe Wrote:
(03-26-2011, 08:54 PM)Shadow Penguin Wrote: Did anyone see the sprite I made for the Spinosaurus?

Yes. To be honest, it's pretty awful. It has very sketchy outlines, MS Paint default colours and no shading to speak of.
Meh. It was my first pokemon sprite, thing. I'm not that great at making animals and things like that. I'm better at items and tiles Cute
I thought it was pretty good for my first sprite. Oh well, I'll work on that.

In my opinion, I thought I nailed the head and body. But I think the Hands, legs, and the other features were pretty bad. Blank