The VG Resource
TSR PokeDex Project - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+------ Forum: Sprite Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-15.html)
+------ Thread: TSR PokeDex Project (/thread-15396.html)

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 03-07-2011

we could have a greek hydro (five headed dragon that grows the heads back when you cut them off)
it would be a dragon fire type
it could be called hydrosaur

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Chaoxys - 03-07-2011

Aren't they called Hyrdas? Either way Gen5 introduced one already.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Perseus - 03-07-2011

In some myths it also breathes poison so it could be Dragon/Poison

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 03-07-2011

it was a dragon that has heads on its hand/
they are called hydras

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Perseus - 03-07-2011

(03-07-2011, 02:29 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Aren't they called Hyrdas? Either way Gen5 introduced one already.

I don't think it was based on a Hydra, even though it's in the name. Apparently it's based on Zmeys, a Slavic, winged, polycephal species of dragon (just copied that).
@matt462:Actually the hydra didn't have heads on it's hands, it didn't have any hands

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - darkrai3000 - 03-07-2011

(03-07-2011, 12:29 PM)matt462 Wrote: How about a velicoraptor.
it would be a ground flying type because the movement of a velicoraptors arms when they are catching prey is like a birds when they fly
it also grew feathers.
the ground part would be because its a fossil

Um...Archeops says no. K'now, the 5 Generation Pokemon based off of the Archeoptryx , which is the exact animal your describing.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 03-07-2011

(03-06-2011, 11:14 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Did anyone even make a design for the seasonal rabbit? If not, why not keep the mistletoe bunny and change the seasonal thing to something else.

I never said to get rid of the mistletoe Pokemon I just wanted the ears to be changed so that they don't resemble rabbit ears.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Chaoxys - 03-07-2011

(03-07-2011, 08:12 PM)Koopaul Wrote:
(03-06-2011, 11:14 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Did anyone even make a design for the seasonal rabbit? If not, why not keep the mistletoe bunny and change the seasonal thing to something else.

I never said to get rid of the mistletoe Pokemon I just wanted the ears to be changed so that they don't resemble rabbit ears.
I understand that, I'm just saying that it looks good with the ears as is, and making the seasonal a bear makes more sense since bears tend to act differently throughout the seasons.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Devicho - 03-07-2011

Well, as far of the rabbit-like ears on mine, part of the idea for the design was based on those... Japanese snow rabbits, I guess I'll just call them since I can't think of a more proper name.
[Image: 3670_2.jpg]
The things on this mug/bowl/whatever here. I don't have the ears on mine erect though like on these.

If there is a seasonal Pokemon, I do have to agree that a bear would probably be a better choice than a rabbit as stated above.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 03-07-2011

Hm you think? To be honest the real reason I'm being difficult is because I always wanted an arctic hare Pokemon. I was working on a design too. I'm really surprised because I too was going to give it green tips on the ears based on the Japanese snow bunnies you mentioned, but it wasn't going to be a grass type or mistletoe.

[Image: arctic-hare_218_600x450.jpg]

But I suppose it's up to you guys. Show me a bear, and I'll show you a rabbit. We can decide better then.

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - mutantyoshi - 03-07-2011

Dood that hare is a giant snowball with a head! Awesome!... Anyways, a bear does make sence, but so does the hare... maybe we can have both, the bear as the seasonal and the hare as a normal, or vise-versatile.... Or we can have a poll, then that way the community will decide (For the seasonal), and have the other a normal Pokemon, so that way everybody wins! (well... Almost I guess...)

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Hoeloe - 03-08-2011

(03-07-2011, 06:52 AM)Wes Wrote: Black and White have seasons, and they rotate each month so you don't have to wait forever.

Ah, I see. That would be okay then. I haven't yet had the chance to play Black and White, so I was unaware of this development.

Personally, I'm for the bunny. Might I suggest that if it's based around mistletoe for a Christmas theme, then the other seasons would be based around holidays found around those times? It could even have type changes to reflect it.

Speaking of types, I would also have the snow bunny as Ice type rather than Grass. It seems to fit the theme better

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Teabagger9777 - 03-08-2011

What do you think of my saber thooth tiger idea
what about a minotaur pokemon
It could be a dark type pokemon
It could be called Blackataur because it is a dark type

I will post some designs soon
maybe minoslash or minogash instead of blackataur

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - LeleleleMAXIMUM - 03-08-2011

Blackataur just sounds wrong heh.

I like the seasonal bear idea, possibly we could branch out from the Teddiursa/Ursaring line? Give it a winter/fall/summer version? We could only give Ursaring the different versions, and have Teddiursa evolve into a certain version depending on which season it evolved/level'd up in.

And on the snow hare, I know it makes more sense to make it ice type, but I've always found it unusual to have Pokemon colored based on their type and vice-versa. I think it would be pretty cool to have a white pokemon be grass type. :>

RE: TSR PokeDex Project - Koopaul - 03-08-2011

Well the real thing here is that I never would have associated a Mistletoe with a rabbit. That honestly seems like a stretch. I don't want to reject Devicho's Pokemon though because a mistletoe becoming poinsettia-like is a neat idea. The snow bunnies (which are like snowmen they make) are a Japanese thing and don't really relate to the Western Christmas traditions of the mistletoe/poinsettia.

[Image: 4353748255_55e86a4d5a.jpg][Image: Volvo_Holiday2_mistletoe.jpg]