The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - DadNier - 09-16-2011

yeah I'm basically in the same boat as bryan in that as cool as these new characters seem I can't see myself changing my team because I got to the point with them where it's not just 3 random characters I like, I have specific combos and set-ups and strategies that I developed specifically for them and I've been playing them since near-launch

but then again I can never know for sure, I mean I figured I'd like haggar but I saw myself also wanting to play deadpool and didn't even imagine I'd like dormammu more than arthur before the launch of vanilla, so I could get surprised here

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - a babyass man - 09-16-2011

Did you know Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was announced as a launch title for the PSVita? Well it is, and after seeing SFxT on the Vita, i was a bit worried. Luckily, UMvC3 actually looks pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_rBrIaSNeU

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - DadNier - 10-13-2011

it's here
IT'S HERE
IT'S FUCKIN' HERE
phoenix wright trailer, get hype

also, nova, who looks neat as well

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Rosencrantz - 10-13-2011

Of course Phoenix Wright was going to be a joke character, heh.

I'll be honest: I was looking forward to playing as him from the get-go, but there's something about how he plays that's bothering me. I can't really put my finger on it though Sick

Might as well wait for when the game comes out, friends of mine invariably get it, and I can try a few rounds with him.

also Nova's looking pretty awesome~

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Kriven - 10-13-2011

I can't really tell where Wright's hitboxes are :-\ I wish they made his attacks a little more.. attackly.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - DadNier - 10-13-2011

(10-13-2011, 12:59 PM)Kriven Wrote: I can't really tell where Wright's hitboxes are :-\ I wish they made his attacks a little more.. attackly.

although you could probably make the case that not being able to tell wright's hitboxes at a simple glance could be a strength; only people who study the match-up intently will be able to know the ranges and areas that they can attack or avoid BEING attacked by wright's normals

edit: in addition, here's a translated list of general systemwide gameplay mechanic changes from capcom unity:
Quote:1 - X-Factor can be activated in the air.

2 - The attack and speed increases for each character while in X-Factor have been adjusted. Additionally, the damage reduction minimum while in X-Factor has been decreased from 50% in MvC3 to 35% in UMvC3, and Hyper Combos performed during X-Factor will now be subject to damage scaling.

3 - An upward exchange during an Air Combo will take away 1 bar of your opponent's HC Gauge.

4 - When you launch the enemy in the air with a Special Attack, hold the button down and your character will automatically super jump to follow the launched opponent. (This can be turned on or off in the Options menu.)

5 - The window for Aerial Exchange Counters has been adjusted, making it easier to land one.

6 - If you land a Snap Back attack on an assist character, similar to the landing it on the point character, the assist will become unavailable for a short period of time.

7 - It will no longer be possible to block during an air dash.

8 - The rate of HC Meter gain has been decreased by 10%, to 90% of what it was in MvC3.

9 - In MvC3, the amount of hit stun caused by assists was fixed, but in UMvC3 hit stun caused by assists will also be subject to hit stun deterioration during combos.

10 - For characters who have 8-way dashes, the speed on their down-back air dash has been slightly decreased.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Alpha Six - 10-13-2011

That no blocking during all air dashes thing kind of bothers me. There are some characters who have trouble getting in without using an airdash, and it's not like you can't be air grabbed during an air dash or anything. That seems like a huge nerf to the entire cast of airdashers. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Also Wright is sort off hit and miss for me. His voice is awful, though-- good thing I almost always play with JP voices on most of the cast anyways.

Nova looks sort of generic but I'm sure his actual abilities will speak for themselves. It looks like he has 2 OTG moves though, which is nice.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Kriven - 10-13-2011

Rocket Raccoon's theme was revealed earlier as well:

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Alpha Six - 10-14-2011

Phoenix Wright + Nova movelists revealed

Quote:Phoenix Wright

Hyper (Super) Moves

• Level 3 hyper can only be used in Turnabout mode, hits basically entire screen and will OTG. Doing 600,000 points of unscaled damage.

what the fuck

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Negative-Zer0 - 10-14-2011

No ones ass is safe if you getting sued son.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - DadNier - 10-14-2011

(10-14-2011, 03:05 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: Phoenix Wright + Nova movelists revealed

Quote:Phoenix Wright

Hyper (Super) Moves

• Level 3 hyper can only be used in Turnabout mode, hits basically entire screen and will OTG. Doing 600,000 points of unscaled damage.

what the fuck

considering that you have to find the "right" evidence which is sort of random and then you have to be in the correct mode and then hit a certain attack in that mode and then if you weren't ready when you got that hit you gotta fish for ANOTHER one to start a combo for it, well

although maybe 600k was a bit much. maybe they could've just gone with somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-525k

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - tsr moderation staff - 10-14-2011

speaking as the world's only nova fan, he looks pretty fucking boss

[Image: MegaMan-UMVC3.png]
the fuck?
DOES THIS MEANS??

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Cobalt Blue - 10-14-2011

RIP Jin Saotome never forget

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Alpha Six - 10-15-2011

Free post-launch DLC mode revealed and ithtdhfgghfdgjdhJDHGFDHGFDSFHDSFHGSDFSHDFSDGFDHFDSHFDSFJSDFSDFJDSF WHAT

Quote:In a post from iPlayWinner we hear some details about a new mode called Heroes and Heralds. It appears to be some sort Street Fighter X Tekkens gem system by adding in special features via cards you collect offline.

This mode will be free DLC post-launch.

A totally new way to play the game. Add abilities using cards, ala Gems or System Direction. Abilities include Parry, Assist Super Armor, XFactor Blowback, Dizzying Attacks, Projectile Invincibility, Special cancels into Specials, Invisibility, etc. Over 100 cards, equip 3 at once, 1.12 million total combinations.

HELP I CAN'T HANDLE THIS I WANT IT

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Negative-Zer0 - 10-16-2011

Fuck capcom, seriously.