Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU-
Quote:Confirming the rumors posted the other day, PlanetXbox360 reported that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was shown at Capcom's Captivate event in Hawaii.

There's an embargo on the details, so you won't be seeing screen shots, movies and other things until early next week, but here's the notes they were able to get together.

• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.

• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.

• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

• The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.

• The game will run in 1080p resolution.

• It will be a disc-based release.

• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.

• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th.

From Event Hubs. With love.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
I hope they will allow 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 matches this time. I always enjoyed 1v1 matches in MvC 1. I can't wait for the new characters! However, the graphics they are going to use intrigues me.
Thanked by:
cool, i hope this one is going to be balanced so i can actually play it online and enjoy myself
(04-17-2010, 10:09 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: cool, i hope this one is going to be balanced so i can actually play it online and enjoy myself

I only played with friends online.

I couldn't stand everyone using MAGNETO SENTINEL STORM.

But yeah this is pretty awesome.
Thanked by:
I USUALLY try to play nice online, but when I'm feeling REALLY mean I break out Captain Commando, Thanos and Sentinel. I rarely ever lose with them (with good reason), but every once in a while I meet someone who goes into a berserker rage just from the sight of Sentinel and just murders me. xD

Soooo... I'm excited. What really has me wondering is how it is going to be "blowing fans out of the water" with the number of characters. O_O
Thanked by:
[Image: My_Mugen_Roster_by_davilesdesigns.jpg]
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tell me this game won't be in 3d

all the sprited games are disappearing Sad
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: D2S-Speed, Ton
All the sprite based games take more time to make.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by:
MvsC3: Featuring Mickey Mouse!

Alright, joking aside, I'm interested in this now. If I ever get a PS3, I would get this for that...but, on the other hand, this would be a perfect excuse to start playing the 360 again.
Thanked by:
[quote='Djanjo' pid='255624' dateline='1271559934']
Quote:• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.

ehhhhhhhh im not really liking this bit, the "sf4" part only has me thinking 3D.
Thanked by:
well if it's 3D like SF4 then that's not really a bad thing at all imo
Thanked by:
People people, Sprites are awesome I'm not going to deny this, but 3D makes it easier for them. Do not avert your eyes simply on the characters being 3D.

What makes 3D model fighting so unappealing?
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
well 3D rarely looks as good as 2D so there's that
but personally i don't care if they do it 3D or not, especially if it looks something like Street Fighter IV or something, 3D can look pretty nice nowadays
Thanked by:
SF4's 3D models are fugly that's my problem.
Thanked by: D2S-Speed, Vipershark
Really can't wait for this game.

Still sprite fights are what we live for!
Thanked by: