The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Alpha Six - 08-06-2011

Phoenix Wright is apparently the "strongest" character in the game so far, according to Killian.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Omegajak - 08-06-2011

(08-06-2011, 09:17 PM)Kosheh Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 10:10 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(08-05-2011, 08:34 PM)Savant Guard Wrote: Yeah now that you mention it.
Giving love to characters already getting it! You monster!

Give me Hayato, I was pretty decent with him in MvC2.
Or other Darkstalker/ Vampire Hunter characters aside from Morrigan.
Felicia and Hsien-Ko isn't enough?

bb hood.
charge character that's kinda rushy. I loved the hell out of her c:

but i doubt anyone cares enough about her anyway.

honestly at this point i really can't be assed over UMVC3 anymore. i'm more interested to see what they do with phoenix wright. if capcom can prove that they can make a decent character out of phoenix wright that playwise doesn't make him a pathetic joke
well then i'll get this game

okay the whole point of wright is that he's a joke, but i wanna see proof that capcom isn't just halfassedly slapping characters together at this point just to make a quick buck Sad

That is a terrible reason to purchase a game. Especially this game.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - DadNier - 08-07-2011

(08-06-2011, 12:22 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 09:56 AM)DrSlouch Wrote: after playing some mvc2 recently the only character from there that i'd particularly want back (other than strider, who we're getting) from mvc2 is cable, and they keep hinting that we're basically gonna get something like that, gameplay-wise, in the form of rocket raccoon (crossing my fingers)

edit: actually maybe spiral too
You forgot someone.

[Image: jin-super1.gif]

how could i forget someone i wasn't even thinking of
I don't recall anything particularly interesting (from a gameplay perspective; from an aesthetic perspective, giant robots are cool) about him

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Alpha Six - 08-07-2011

(08-07-2011, 12:55 AM)DrSlouch Wrote:
(08-06-2011, 09:56 AM)DrSlouch Wrote: after playing some mvc2 recently the only character from there that i'd particularly want back (other than strider, who we're getting) from mvc2 is cable, and they keep hinting that we're basically gonna get something like that, gameplay-wise, in the form of rocket raccoon (crossing my fingers)

You forgot someone.

I don't recall anything particularly interesting (from a gameplay perspective; from an aesthetic perspective, giant robots are cool) about him
Jin Saotome is a rushdown charge character who is mostly based on single strikes doing large damage over giant combos. He is also different from a couple characters as his launcher is assigned to LPx2, rather than diagonal HP/diagonal HK. His movelist was small in a sense, since he only had 3 special moves for the most part-- but a lot of his basic attacks were considered specials, like LKx2 (first hit was a normal kick, second hit was a 2-hit kick that pushed the enemy away) HP and HK (if I remember correctly; I haven't played MvC2 in a while) and that's another thing that made him interesting. His specials assigned to his buttons were heavily focused on pushing the enemy away and scaring/shoving them into the corner, then having your way with them. Field control, etc.

His movement was mostly based on his standing heavy punch (you moved forward a little bit, and the punch had a huge hitbox), standing heavy kick (launched you forward at least 2/3 of a screen) and his crouching heavy kick (about half a screen, and hit low to catch people off guard) and his tornado move which was great for area coverage as well. his "clothes explosion" move covered a huge amount of area in one space and is good for pushing people off of you and keeping the pressure on your side, and his Blodia super where he covers the screen in bullets is fullscreen (dur). he also had a multi-hit dive kick that you could combo into his launcher combo.

he also had a "super mode" that he activated when he was the last member of the team remaining and his health dropped under a certain level, where he gets a frame of armor that resets at the end of a combo and always applied no matter what he was doing, which, with careful use, allowed you to set up some nasty and scary jin comebacks. it also used no meter and always activated after reaching that health cap, but only after a combo against him ends (so it's not like Dark Phoenix activating in the middle of a combo-- if you combo'd against him good enough (maggy infinite, etc), he wouldn't be able to activate the mode at all)

ignoring all of these things that made him different from other mvc2 characters (and gave him a very steep learning curve as well that also made him very rewarding to learn) HE PUNCHED A GIANT ROBOT FIST AT YOU. COME THE FUCK ON. GIANT ROBOT FIST.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - LeleleleMAXIMUM - 08-07-2011

he has his own clutch x-factor.
he can be a mini-phoenix of sorts.

he also brings his anti air super?

EDIT:
ok how did i get ninja'd by a wall post dammit

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Rosencrantz - 08-07-2011

(08-06-2011, 09:20 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: Phoenix Wright is apparently the "strongest" character in the game so far, according to Killian.

ahahahaha, I can't wait to see this one

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Rakia - 08-07-2011

How is Phoenix the strongest
what

I mean he never flinched when coffee was flung in his face, or when a hair piece attacked him.. or even a tiger.
But stronger than... all the people with super powers? lol can't wait

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - GaryCXJk - 08-07-2011

There's no weapon stronger than justice. Well, aside bullets. And swords. And punches to the face. And rockets. And lasers. And health bars.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - TomGuycott - 08-07-2011

(08-07-2011, 09:00 AM)GaryCXJk Wrote: There's no weapon stronger than justice. Well, aside bullets. And swords. And punches to the face. And rockets. And lasers. And health bars.

No, you were right the first time.

[Image: tumblr_lo7i268IHg1qluypgo1_250.gif&sa=X&...DDOaKBfAbg]

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Kairos - 08-07-2011

(08-07-2011, 01:04 AM)Alpha Six Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 12:55 AM)DrSlouch Wrote:

You forgot someone.

Jin Saotome is a rushdown charge character who is mostly based on single strikes doing large damage over giant combos. He is also different from a couple characters as his launcher is assigned to LPx2, rather than diagonal HP/diagonal HK. His movelist was small in a sense, since he only had 3 special moves for the most part-- but a lot of his basic attacks were considered specials, like LKx2 (first hit was a normal kick, second hit was a 2-hit kick that pushed the enemy away) HP and HK (if I remember correctly; I haven't played MvC2 in a while) and that's another thing that made him interesting. His specials assigned to his buttons were heavily focused on pushing the enemy away and scaring/shoving them into the corner, then having your way with them. Field control, etc.

His movement was mostly based on his standing heavy punch (you moved forward a little bit, and the punch had a huge hitbox), standing heavy kick (launched you forward at least 2/3 of a screen) and his crouching heavy kick (about half a screen, and hit low to catch people off guard) and his tornado move which was great for area coverage as well. his "clothes explosion" move covered a huge amount of area in one space and is good for pushing people off of you and keeping the pressure on your side, and his Blodia super where he covers the screen in bullets is fullscreen (dur). he also had a multi-hit dive kick that you could combo into his launcher combo.

he also had a "super mode" that he activated when he was the last member of the team remaining and his health dropped under a certain level, where he gets a frame of armor that resets at the end of a combo and always applied no matter what he was doing, which, with careful use, allowed you to set up some nasty and scary jin comebacks. it also used no meter and always activated after reaching that health cap, but only after a combo against him ends (so it's not like Dark Phoenix activating in the middle of a combo-- if you combo'd against him good enough (maggy infinite, etc), he wouldn't be able to activate the mode at all)

ignoring all of these things that made him different from other mvc2 characters (and gave him a very steep learning curve as well that also made him very rewarding to learn) HE PUNCHED A GIANT ROBOT FIST AT YOU. COME THE FUCK ON. GIANT ROBOT FIST.

Imagine all of the Bloodia Punch DHC possibilities.

and Satome Shine would make him a legit anchor.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 08-07-2011

they should put hayato in too

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - TomGuycott - 08-07-2011

(08-07-2011, 08:03 PM)MRSKELETON Wrote: they should put hayato in too

It would be awesome if they did them both and two Marvel characters from MvC2 who aren't in at the moment as a sort of throwback downloadable content. Wishful thinking I know, and besides, they'd probably just re-rerelease the game if that happened.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 08-07-2011

Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: The Fate Of Two Worlds: Avengers Assembled Edition

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Cobalt Blue - 08-08-2011

new ages of heroes again

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Kairos - 08-08-2011

Good read on Iron Fist's character and how he fits in.

maybe I'm grasping at straws here but he could kinda be like Jin.