The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 07-21-2011

capcom should put in jotaro josuke and dio brando from that stellar fighting game called jojos bizarre adventure

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Zac - 07-21-2011

(07-20-2011, 10:00 PM)GaryASPG Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 08:43 PM)Zac Wrote: >no megaman legends 3
>no Umvc3 dlc
there's literally no reason not to boycott capcom
make 100 good games, cancel one game and release a game on disk to make more money

clearly the worst company in the world deserving of boycotting especially considering they made the megaman games in the first place

all 500 billion of them
owning megaman isn't a free pass to blatantly ripoff and go as far as to bash pretty much all of us
which they are doing
with this game
and with all that "the fans weren't there" garbage with mml3

also 100 is pretty generous, there's only like 11 or 12 good megamans and only 4 darkstalkers
I think your thinking of konami

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - DadNier - 07-21-2011

a sort of official listing of some changes:
interview with seth killian
pro marvel and street fighter player floe was at comic con, he shares what he noticed
glad about the wolverine and phoenix changes; i'm a little surprised that magneto got some nerfs even though he was one of the best, because it kinda felt like he was the best because he was well designed and therefore everyone should be brought up closer to him, not the best because too many stupidly high numbers (the kind of thing that needs nerfing)

also the new ryu moves look awesome, i'm glad it seems like they put in some serious effort to one of my favorite characters, AND in a way that still keeps him different from akuma!! i remember seeing so many suggestions for how to make ryu better on like srk's forums and shit that just sounded like things that made him more like akuma, glad none of that happened (although it did seem like he can combo from his overhead now, but there isn't any 100% confirmation on that)

also I wasn't too crazy about ghost rider after first but damn I'm loving those normals, hit-confirms from 60%+ screen distance? hell yes son, and his voice acting and music is awesome (BURN, EAT CHAIN)

also no one made firebrand look cool on the stream but he looks awesome in the trailers, hopefully that just means he's not totally obvious to figure out or everyone is bad or something

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - GaryASPG - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 05:27 AM)Zac Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 10:00 PM)GaryASPG Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 08:43 PM)Zac Wrote: >no megaman legends 3
>no Umvc3 dlc
there's literally no reason not to boycott capcom
make 100 good games, cancel one game and release a game on disk to make more money

clearly the worst company in the world deserving of boycotting especially considering they made the megaman games in the first place

all 500 billion of them
owning megaman isn't a free pass to blatantly ripoff and go as far as to bash pretty much all of us
which they are doing
with this game
and with all that "the fans weren't there" garbage with mml3

also 100 is pretty generous, there's only like 11 or 12 good megamans and only 4 darkstalkers
I think your thinking of konami
uh

uh

im pretty sure capcom has made a substantial amount of good games, zac. not just megaman and darkstalkers.

regardless of how long you've waited (i doubt you've all literally been thinking about it every day for 10 years, im sure it disappeared in the back of your mind until they legitimately started talking about it again), it's one game. one. they did this once.

if you have an amazing life, full of happiness and excitement, then literally one time you have a bad day, does that bad day make your entire life a worthless piece of shit? no, it means you had a bad day. yes, it sucks that they cancelled a game that you were hoping to be released, but that doesn't make the entire company terrible. they gave you plenty of megaman games, you didn't get 1.

i think thats fair enough.

(also strider and firebrand own)

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - tsr moderation staff - 07-21-2011

um. i dont think anybody's saying CAPCOM WAS ALWAYS AWFUL I JUST DIDN'T REALIZE IT UNTIL NOW
they're saying "shit, capcom is firing all of its best and most reliably talented employees, then cancelling games in a poorly masked way of getting back at them, then blaming it on the fans. thats really shitty capcom!!"

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - GaryASPG - 07-21-2011

pretty sure recently theyve only cancelled one game, this one

and everyone is saying that capcom is shit because of this

one game
getting cancelled

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - GaryCXJk - 07-21-2011

Meh, I actually don't care, seeing as they're porting one of the greatest game ever to PS3.

For those uneducated / not caring about it, it's Monster Hunter 3rd.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Untitled - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 10:21 AM)GaryASPG Wrote: pretty sure recently theyve only cancelled one game, this one

one game
getting cancelled

It's not just ONE GAME, they're mad for other titles as well, MML3 is just the biggest shitstorm out of all because of how it was being developed, also it's not that they cancelled it, it's how they addressed it being cancelled, especially if you've seen the CapcomEuro twitter. Read my previous post if you didn't. I'm not saying your point isn't valid, because people are over-raging a lot for the cancellation, but it goes deeper than that, which you should look at before you assume things.

Another example right here:
(07-21-2011, 10:28 AM)GaryCXJk Wrote: Meh, I actually don't care, seeing as they're porting one of the greatest game ever to PS3.

For those uneducated / not caring about it, it's Monster Hunter 3rd.

Another game that never came overseas and most likely not will, also another game people are also pissed at Capcom about.
That's why people are uneducated/unknowing/ didnt import/didn't bother go out of their way for an english patch about it. And even then a shit ton of people pirated the shit out of that game.

Also shit people bring this to the cancellation thread, I don't wanna repost this nonsense again.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Rosencrantz - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 08:05 AM)DrSlouch Wrote: and his voice acting and music is awesome (BURN, EAT CHAIN)

whoop, this just reminded me of how Phoenix Wright is going to play.

HOLD IT HOLD IT TAKE THAT HOLD IT TAKE THAT TAKE THAT HOLD IT HOLD IT
OBJECTION

ahahahaha oh man this is going to be hilariously fun

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Shawn - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 05:27 AM)Zac Wrote: also 100 is pretty generous, there's only like 11 or 12 good megamans and only 4 darkstalkers
boy shut up. theres legitimately like 200 fucking megaman games, dont tell me theres only 12 good ones. you know that shit aint true.

(07-21-2011, 10:21 AM)GaryASPG Wrote: pretty sure recently theyve only cancelled one game, this one

one game
getting cancelled
megaman legends 3, megaman universe, capcom fighting all stars, breath of fire 6, power stone 3, darkstalkers 4, strider 3, ace attourney investigations 2. theres a lot of shit capcom just kinda DROPPED despite people WANTING IT REALLY BADLY

it takes more than 1 game to seriously piss people off this badly, it takes a recurring pattern of them ignoring what the fans fucking want but claiming to listen to fans by doing shit like mml3's development, which was a terrible idea to begin with, which had no good end possible.

also theres the fact that capcoms being a fucking bitch about rehashing the same shit instead of keeping to their promises. mvc3 confirmed to have dlc?? haha yeah fucking right, let's release the game AGAIN AND CALL IT ULTIMATE MVC3 AND THEN CHARGE YOU 40 BUCKS FOR AN UPDATE OF A GAME THAT CAME OUT LESS THAN HALF A YEAR AGO.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Negative-Zer0 - 07-21-2011

(07-21-2011, 12:44 PM)when i have sex i think of tsr Wrote:
(07-21-2011, 05:27 AM)Zac Wrote: also 100 is pretty generous, there's only like 11 or 12 good megamans and only 4 darkstalkers
boy shut up. theres legitimately like 200 fucking megaman games, dont tell me theres only 12 good ones. you know that shit aint true.

one game
getting cancelled
megaman legends 3, megaman universe, capcom fighting all stars (that shitty looking 3d game? Capcom fighting jam is a spiritual revival of that anyway), breath of fire 6 (was never in development), power stone 3(was never in development), darkstalkers 4(oversaturation of the fighters market will cause capcom to compete with themselves, hence why UMvC3 probably won't be released next year. Wait till 2014 or something), strider 3(was never in development), ace attourney investigations 2(was never in development). Theres a lot of shit capcom just kinda DROPPED despite people WANTING IT REALLY BADLY
(Capcom releasing all of these would be like a shot to the foot. I can sort of see why.
1. Development costs.
2. Ad costs for a game that may or may not be successful.)

Literally every game here you listed is an obscure game that had their 15 minutes in the sun, but just couldn't catch on. Maybe strider's inclusion in UmvC3 might start up a sequel

it takes more than 1 game to seriously piss people off this badly, it takes a recurring pattern of them ignoring what the fans fucking want but claiming to listen to fans by doing shit like mml3's development, which was a terrible idea to begin with, which had no good end possible.
( It was Capcom's desision in the end to cancel the product, not the dev team)

also theres the fact that capcoms being a fucking bitch about rehashing the same shit instead of keeping to their promises. mvc3 confirmed to have dlc?? haha yeah fucking right, let's release the game AGAIN AND CALL IT ULTIMATE MVC3 AND THEN CHARGE YOU 40 BUCKS FOR AN UPDATE OF A GAME THAT CAME OUT LESS THAN HALF A YEAR AGO.
(That promise was never truly broken. They DID have DLC. But to be honest, I welcome this change due to how terribad MvC3 was compared to MvC2. Some of the worst implemented mechanics that I have ever seen, if that gets fixed in this game, then i have nothing to complain about. I also lol at how people give companies a time frame to when they can spend 60/40 dollars again, like that is the amount of money they get all year or something. With fighting games, I can understand, but MvC3 was so bad that this change should be welcomed, despite some character choices not getting in, a revamped/reworked engine to make the game less stupid should be welcomed.)

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Untitled - 07-21-2011

I understand why Capcom is easily paronoid of anything that "might" sell instead of "will sell" (not even being sarcastic, we all know this shit already) but this is coming from a company who believes Megaman isn't popular overseas. Which you can't say isn't dumb.

protip: AAI2 was released in japan

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - ZaeTelapo! - 07-21-2011

boy this game sure wasn't in development

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUQfT7dAu94

also didn't they stop localization of that pheonix wright and laton(sp?) crossover?

despite the fact that both franchises are pretty well loved.

i know both fanbases freaking exploded when that trailer came out.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Negative-Zer0 - 07-21-2011

Ok, so maybe that game was in development. That doesn't change the fact the game just "might" sell well. If you were a company, you can't release a sequel all the time on a maybe. Capcom is clearly not taking the risks of a game that might not even sell well. Just try and understand it from Capcom's eyes, that is all I am saying.

Maybe P.W.'s inclusion in UMvC3 will push for his localization. I know that you are angry, but try and think rationally.

EDIT:
Quote:If you want AAI2 and it got announced for the 3DS, wouldn't that be a good reason to get one? Not saying you should get a 3DS, but its common for people to buy hardware because of the software library.

Also, I do understand that these decisions change the perception of fans towards the company. I'm not saying they don't. What I'm trying to do is just give reasoning to why these decisions are made. Capcom is a developer and a publisher, and if you haven't noticed, it's not exactly easy to keep the business that they have. Even they have losses (Clover for example). A lot of a amazing studios close down despite giving quality titles that people don't buy (Factor 5, Bizarre Creations, etc.). I know I can't change everyone's minds here, but I can at least try to give people an idea as to why their needs aren't being fulfilled.

Also, there are no localization plans. I'm giving "what if" scenarios. These are just possibilities that could happen. I'm just reiterating this because people seem to imply that the 3DS is the game's future.

One last thing, I am aware of Nintendo's quote, but keep in mind that they are the hardware's party. A Mario game sells a million copies easy and continue to be on store shelves for full price. It's not always up to Nintendo for a system to continue living. As I said before, retailers are going to shrink down the DS section as more 3DS games come out. 1st party games have longer legs than 3rd party ones, especially those of obscure series. Atlus may release a lot of their games, but the majority of them actually aren't successful for them. There are exceptions (Demon's Soul, etc.)

Hope this clears up a few things.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27423285/Why_Arent_You_Localizing_Ace_Attorney_Investigations_2?pg=19

This is from a mod on Capcom Unity. This reiterates what I am saying perfectly. As i said above, the guy is in UMvC3, wait a little, you might be surprised.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Rosencrantz - 07-21-2011

Their concern was that AAI didn't sell as well as the other games did, so they were afraid AAI2 would have turned out even worse here overseas.

Which pisses me off.

That game's been done and the fucking fanbase had it translated in the first few weeks (iirc, I could swear I heard it was fully translated within the first week). They literally had no other excuse besides AAI being a weak-selling game.

EDIT: I would legitimately not be surprised if the crossover will never happen at this point.