The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - tsr moderation staff - 07-20-2011

its cool that marvel is breaking out some more b-list heroes like nova and iron fist. still, no megaman. fuck you capcom.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Zac - 07-20-2011

>no megaman legends 3
>no Umvc3 dlc
there's literally no reason not to boycott capcom

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - ZaeTelapo! - 07-20-2011

(07-20-2011, 08:23 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote: Well, at least the damage output looks lower, so the game isn't retarded on piss easy 100% combos anymore. I am curious to know how they handled Phoenix. She must play like shit now.

I hope they add tech rolls on the second otgs.

damn japanese always fooling me

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - GaryASPG - 07-20-2011

(07-20-2011, 08:43 PM)Zac Wrote: >no megaman legends 3
>no Umvc3 dlc
make 100 good games, cancel one game and release a game on disk to make more money

clearly the worst company in the world deserving of boycotting especially considering they made the megaman games in the first place

all 500 billion of them

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Cobalt Blue - 07-20-2011

megaman was dead for a while anyway. people needs to realise this.
megaman's formula got old right after megaman 3.

YES IT DID. the rest is purely nostalgia.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Untitled - 07-20-2011

(07-20-2011, 10:00 PM)GaryASPG Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 08:43 PM)Zac Wrote: >no megaman legends 3
>no Umvc3 dlc
make 100 good games, cancel one game and release a game on disk to make more money

clearly the worst company in the world deserving of boycotting especially considering they made the megaman games in the first place

all 500 billion of them

The real problem is that fans have been begging for a sequel for 10 years, Capcom finally decide to do it, get the fans involved, prepare a demo, then they cancel it, and on top of that they blame the fans for its cancellation as if it they couldn't do anything themselves, so that's where all the rage is coming from. I'm speaking from a neutral party, but Capcom did go about it a bad way. Also Megaman is pretty much one of(if not IS) Capcom's icon, and this is the 2nd Megaman game they cancelled this year.

Back to Vs, I'm not really excited for anyone aside from Strider, only because I played MvC2 last week and forgot how cool he was to play with. They really could have done something better for the roster too. Sure Phoenix Wright, Virgil, Frank, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, and Dr. Strange seem cool and all but eh, not feelin the rest of the cast.

I'll wait for the next VS title.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - PrettyNier - 07-20-2011

mega man 3 was mediocre. mega man 2 and mega man 4 were where it was at. and then mega man x and mega man x4 and mega man zero (god mega man zero) were all fantastic. and then legends was just stellar.

mega man 8 is also pretty chill.

Quote:The real problem is that fans have been begging for a sequel for 10 years, Capcom finally decide to do it, get the fans involved, prepare a demo, then they cancel it, and on top of that they blame the fans for its cancellation as if it they couldn't do anything themselves, so that's where all the rage is coming from. I'm speaking from a neutral party, but Capcom did go about it a bad way.

Back to Vs, I'm not really excited for anyone aside from Strider, only because I played MvC2 last week and forgot how cool he was to play with. They really could have done something better for the roster too. Sure Phoenix Wright, Virgil, Frank, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, and Dr. Strange seem cool and all but eh, not feelin the rest of the cast.

I'll wait for the next VS title.
i was going to thank this post but then i saw you didn't mention red arremer / firebrand and then i just couldnt.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Untitled - 07-20-2011

Maybe if I played more ghouls and goblins then I would have probably liked him more. Sorry!

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - PrettyNier - 07-20-2011

Or demon's crest. i haven't even seen him in ghouls and goblins, i just really like demon's crest. its such a great game~

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Cobalt Blue - 07-20-2011

red arremer first apeared in ghost and goblins. and it is one anoying prick.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - DadNier - 07-20-2011

from what I've seen strider feels completely different in mvc3 than he was in mvc2
edit: seems really cool though

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Negative-Zer0 - 07-20-2011

This can be good, he can send animals as rapidly as shit. They just need to keep Ouroboros a lvl 3, but make the other super a lvl one and tone down the damage There is know reason to make that super a lvl three other than it looking cool. Ouroboros, and the meter building in this game would make it crazy cheap if it was a lvl one.

I can honestly see Strider as a top tier. I will dabble with him when I get the game.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Alpha Six - 07-20-2011

Strider looks amazing

I'm loving Ryu's new updates, he seems to be the only character that got a major overhaul so far with the ability to charge his specials. Haven't seen anything on what I assume is some sort of new "super mode" for him yet.

I am much less angry about this game being a thing now.

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - TomGuycott - 07-20-2011

I'm still mad about it being another disc... that was confirmed, right? I still don't remember... if it is, I'm still mad as fuck.

The new content seems pretty solid, both in regard to balancing issues, adding new moves to old characters and having a rather solid roster (even though there is a heinous lack of Megaman, Venom or Carnage, among others I would have liked to see), and Nemesis and Firebrand are by far what I'm the most excited about.

But GOD DAMN, I went through SOOOO much fucking trouble to get my special edition so I could get the downloadables right away (my friend ordered it for me because he didn't want me using his computer, and he fucked up my order and I went through hell and back to make things right, which took me three days and I LOST money). Now it's fucking obsolete even though they hinted at downloadable content from the beginning. I understand that twelve characters and edits to existing characters would be a big-ass download, but god dammit, god fucking dammit!!

RE: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Omegajak - 07-21-2011

(07-20-2011, 11:58 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: I'm still mad about it being another disc... that was confirmed, right? I still don't remember... if it is, I'm still mad as fuck.

The new content seems pretty solid, both in regard to balancing issues, adding new moves to old characters and having a rather solid roster (even though there is a heinous lack of Megaman, Venom or Carnage, among others I would have liked to see), and Nemesis and Firebrand are by far what I'm the most excited about.

But GOD DAMN, I went through SOOOO much fucking trouble to get my special edition so I could get the downloadables right away (my friend ordered it for me because he didn't want me using his computer, and he fucked up my order and I went through hell and back to make things right, which took me three days and I LOST money). Now it's fucking obsolete even though they hinted at downloadable content from the beginning. I understand that twelve characters and edits to existing characters would be a big-ass download, but god dammit, god fucking dammit!!

More like they couldn't afford to sell it as DLC since AE was a re-balancing adding 4 characters and some new online features fora 40$ disc and 15$ DLC.

Seriously though, Capcom has to stop acting like it's tight on funds, stop it. Your not fooling anyone. Even if you are tight it's because you keep banking on Major hits and not focusing making the Gems your known for. Pretty sure MvC2 wasn't a milk as it was just a "Hey let's add a whole bunch of character to this cool engine make it 3v3 and uhhhh.... sell it see what happens? Instant. Money. Spontaneous, fun filled, passionate work will always shine better especially in the long run.