The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 03-20-2011

10-WIN STREAK IN RANKED MATCHES FEATURING WESKER, C. VIPER AND X-23

KILLED 6 SENTINEL TEAMS IN A ROW AND 5 PLAYERS THAT WERE OF HIGHER RANK THAN I WAS

FEAR THE SIX

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - a babyass man - 03-20-2011

congrats heres your trophy *gives you a gold peepee to suck*

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Cobalt Blue - 03-20-2011

(03-20-2011, 05:08 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: 10-WIN STREAK IN RANKED MATCHES FEATURING WESKER, C. VIPER AND X-23

KILLED 6 SENTINEL TEAMS IN A ROW AND 5 PLAYERS THAT WERE OF HIGHER RANK THAN I WAS

FEAR THE SIX

inb4 "not happy thread>SOMEOENE BROKE MY STREAK WITH X CHARACTER"

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 03-20-2011

(03-20-2011, 11:24 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote:
(03-20-2011, 05:08 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: 10-WIN STREAK IN RANKED MATCHES FEATURING WESKER, C. VIPER AND X-23

FEAR THE SIX

inb4 "not happy thread>SOMEOENE BROKE MY STREAK WITH X CHARACTER"
that happened a while ago, thanks deadpool

i capped out at 16 straight wins

loving Wesker/C. Viper/X-23

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - DadNier - 03-21-2011

hey guys
some good resources for y'all:
Shoryuken's MvC3 Wiki
Danger Room
trag13's combo videos
the first is kind of self-explanitory
the second is a bunch of videos showing you the basics of characters- how all their moves work and any special properties they may have that might not be immediately obvious (i.e. dormammu's purification hits otg, etc.)
and the third is a dude who's got a bunch of crazy combo videos but also some videos that show some basic combos for each character

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 03-21-2011

I bought Jill and Shuma-Gorath.

I haven't tried Shuma a whole lot yet, but Jill has a lot of potential. She's a little weird to use and her SMG super is... pretty shitty, but she has a lot of bouncing moves and a hell of a lot of maneuverablity.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - GrooveMan.exe - 03-21-2011

So I was listening to Shuma Gorath's song on loop, both the original and the MvC3 remix, and fell in love with it, so I tracked down the full OST.

It's really mediocre. It's the same angry techno with synth-string backing that Street Fighter 4 and TvC have, but with NONE of the catchy arrangement. I didn't even think it was possible to screw up Ryu's theme.

Edit: I partially retract that. The Marvel half of the OST is far better in terms of genre range and catchiness.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Cobalt Blue - 03-21-2011

fuck you i constatly revisit arthur's trailer just for his song.

Yeah, Marvel tends to have the better themes. A lot of the Capcom ones are serious let-downs (and Jill's remix is just bad). I think Wesker and Chris have the only two that I can think of that I like. And maybe Arthur if I can remember it.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - a babyass man - 03-21-2011

(03-21-2011, 05:38 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: The Marvel half of the OST is far better in terms of genre range and catchiness.

Take that back, jerk.

also ryu's theme kinda grew on me ):

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - X Gamer 66 - 03-21-2011

I love the Haggar, Amaterasu, Tron, and Hsien-Ko themes. Also Dante (deal with it)

Hard to beat Wolverine's and Deadpool's theme though.

Dante's theme doesn't sound remixed at all, it sounds like the DMC3 theme itself (which I'm okay with).
Actually, they shouldn't have remixed Jill's theme at all and just ported in the one from RE5 and it would have been perfect.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - GrooveMan.exe - 03-21-2011

(03-21-2011, 07:14 PM)M.O.D.O.K. Mo Problems Wrote:
(03-21-2011, 05:38 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: The Marvel half of the OST is far better in terms of genre range and catchiness.

Take that back, jerk.

also ryu's theme kinda grew on me ):

I'll give you Spencer and Wesker's themes but Zero's instrumentation's just that horrible ear-splitting synth, and Deadpool's is just...

I know it's meant to be 'knowing and humorous', but I can't stand it. Bang Install did a better job of that kinda thing. As stupid and japanese as it was.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - a babyass man - 03-21-2011

no see the idea was i'd put up three capcom themes i enjoy and then show you an awful marvel theme

which i realize is an incredibly flawed argument, whoops

I love Deadpool's theme. ):