The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - GaryCXJk - 03-16-2011

I'm waiting until I get the game and until a complete pack gets out.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 03-16-2011

(03-16-2011, 06:07 AM)-Colton Wrote: I loved using Shuma in MvC2 but I'm not paying 5 fucking dollars to use him in MvC3. And here I was all this time hoping the characters were free.
$5 for a completely new move set, 4 character colors, story ending, mission mode, and collection of titles sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

It's no worse than other games charging you $5 for a piece of polygons that gets placed on your head and has no positive effect aside from "it looks silly."

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Saltonara - 03-16-2011

I don't buy hats in TF2 though. And actually most hats range somewhere from 10 to 20 dollars, but are still normally obtainable without buying.

I dunno if I get a few bucks to waste some time I'll probably buy Shuma but buying game items always sounds stupid to me (even though I've done it before).

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - X Gamer 66 - 03-16-2011

If only I didn't need to buy MvC3, I could just pay $5 for Shuma and play as him all day

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 03-16-2011

(03-16-2011, 03:58 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: Alright, I've pretty much fallen in love with C. Viper right now. Her combo potential is incredible, she has so many cancels that give her a major edge in the game.
ADDITIONALLY:

I'm also really starting to like Viewtiful Joe, if for no other reason than his TRIPLE JUMP AIR COMBOS.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - a babyass man - 03-16-2011

(03-16-2011, 05:02 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: I'm also really starting to like Viewtiful Joe

we are no longer friends

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Omegajak - 03-17-2011

Got my ass handed to me by people at school (I go to a community college). I didn't even realize that if you change the state of the character AKA Shadow Zero, Ultimate Zombie Hsien-Ko and tag out they maintain that state.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kairos - 03-17-2011

(03-16-2011, 03:58 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: Alright, I've pretty much fallen in love with C. Viper right now. Her combo potential is incredible, she has so many cancels that give her a major edge in the game.

This. I got her in a random select once and she just feels so good to play as.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Random Talking Bush - 03-17-2011

I have four words that summarize my thoughts on the game:

I. HATE. SIMPLE. MODE!

I've lost 10 times in a row against Apoc, no matter what my team consisted of (Felicia, Tron, Arthur, Deadpool, Hulk, Haggar, etc.). He uses Simple Mode, and won't let me use it at all ("Oh, you're good at this game, so you play on Normal Mode!"). I simply (no pun intended) can NOT deal with anyone who can dish out stupid combos just by mashing Square, or projectile spam by mashing Triangle, making it impossible for me to retaliate (Advancing Guard doesn't help, either).

Anyone have any tips against fighting Simple-tons? Or more specifically, against Dante, Sentinel, and Taskmaster?

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 03-17-2011

(03-17-2011, 07:07 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: Dante, Sentinel, and Taskmaster?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD LUCK

Oh, um, I mean.

Lots of jumping and taking advantage of characters that can teleport. I generally don't have a problem against "the average" Sentinel player anymore, it's the advanced Sentinel players that are shitty to deal with. As for Dante, I've noticed that most players now are overusing his crouching start-up to his combos, or frequently using his air Down C for combos.

As for Taskmaster, I couldn't help you there because I never see him online, ever.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Random Talking Bush - 03-17-2011

(03-17-2011, 09:53 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: As for Taskmaster, I couldn't help you there because I never see him online, ever.
Well, the way he plays as Taskmaster is just "AIM OF HAWKEYE AIM OF HAWKEYE AIM OF HAWKEYE" arrow spam, and if I get close he either attacks me before I can grab him, or does that counterattack special the moment I try to land an attack so I get hurt instead. Really annoying, because he's beaten me once without Taskmaster taking any damage whatsoever by doing that.

Either way, I think I could do with some more training so I can counter his annoying tactics.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 03-17-2011

Oh, in that case, take advantage of getting up close and grabbing (just be close and press Forward+C or Back+C).

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kairos - 03-17-2011

Taskmaster can be a bitch to deal with because he can keep you out, his arrows do chip like no other, and he has insane mobility (6H to Web Swing really?)and his combos do big damage.

That being said besides his counter move, he has nothing to stop you when you put on pressure.

Look out for his launcher though, I think it has some invis frames.

EDIT: Captain America's shieldchagre goes through most projectiles, with the only exception I can think of being Deadpool's "HAVE GUN WILL SHOOT" thing. You can always try him.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - a babyass man - 03-17-2011

captain america owns really hard, and i'm kinda sad i never see him online unless someone's planning on juggling you with charging star :l

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Saltonara - 03-17-2011

lol simple mode