The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - GaryCXJk - 03-11-2011

(03-11-2011, 07:16 AM)-Colton Wrote: Viewtiful Joe (despite the fact that I heard his attacks have shit range)
What he lacks in range he has in speed. MACH SPEED. Oh, and his high comboability.

His Voomerang sucks though.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Saltonara - 03-11-2011

I'm not a big fan of using projectiles overall for some reason, besides Unibeam, and projectile based hyper combos (most of those tend to be projectile based anyway, though).

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - a babyass man - 03-11-2011

(03-11-2011, 04:16 PM)-Colton Wrote: I'm not a big fan of using projectiles overall for some reason

you're gonna fuckin hate this game

I don't really USE them a lot. I have nothing against others using them.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Vipershark - 03-11-2011

prepare to hate sentinel and arthur forever

I like how everyone is interpreting that as "omg projectiles r so annoying i hate gam with projectiles". What I said is I do not use them too often, except for projectile hyper combos and Unibeam.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Rosencrantz - 03-11-2011

I would love to spam projectiles more as Arthur, but I lack the skills necessary to properly unleash my arsenal at my opponents : (

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - X Gamer 66 - 03-11-2011

I usually like projectile characters in general. 'Course I can never play as them with friends because the instant i throw out a hadouken I'm "a projectile spamming distinguished gentleman!!"

edit: haha, 10 points for the fellow who came up with that word filter.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - [robo9] - 03-11-2011

So far its Deadpool/Hulk/Wolverine, although my total gamestyle is button mashing :/

(03-11-2011, 09:24 PM)X Gamer 66 Wrote: I usually like projectile characters in general. 'Course I can never play as them with friends because the instant i throw out a hadouken I'm "a projectile spamming distinguished gentleman!!"

I think it was Kosh.

Also I actually played MvC2 again today and found out I use projectiles much, much more than I thought I did. I still don't know how to use Smart Bomb Sad

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - TomGuycott - 03-12-2011

(03-11-2011, 09:00 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: I would love to spam projectiles more as Arthur, but I lack the skills necessary to properly unleash my arsenal at my opponents : (

The way I like to open a match is to open with Arthur, use his Gold Armor, and then switch him out and use him as support. His Gold Armor stays on and his support attacks are powered up.

I also find that the Gold Armor Axe, Scythe and Homing Arrows really throw off people, and are at least mildly annoying to people who know what they're doing.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Negative-Zer0 - 03-12-2011

(03-11-2011, 09:24 PM)X Gamer 66 Wrote: I usually like projectile characters in general. 'Course I can never play as them with friends because the instant i throw out a hadouken I'm "a projectile spamming distinguished gentleman!!"

Do what I do.

"Suck it up scrub. Use them and I will use your characters. I'll still win."

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kairos - 03-12-2011

(03-12-2011, 12:33 AM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote:

Do what I do.

"Suck it up scrub. Use them and I will use your characters. I'll still win."

Sorry I don't really have fun spamming the same goddamn tactics.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - valforwing - 03-12-2011

I don't own this game but i did get a chance to play it last weekend. I love playing as Deadpool, Trish, Dante and Amateratsu. the only thing i thought was kinda lame was Ammy's alternate costume..i thought it would look more like the alternate costumes you unlock in Okami. other than that it's a fun game. it could have more stages though

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Saltonara - 03-12-2011

Okay so I got my PS3 today and played some MvC3 (not online, yet. I have yet to completely get used to using a controller because I played MvC2 on an emulator). I used Iron Man right off the bat, but he's changed a little in this game... at least, that's how it seems for me. I suddenly don't feel comfortable using him. So I tried Joe, he's actually a pretty damn good character in my opinion, though I think his projectiles kinda blow. But he's easy as shit to air combo with. Deadpool is also a good character in my opinion. I love the "4th Wall Crisis" hyper combo. Pineapple surprise! I also tried out Arthur... not my type of character really. Amaterasu is pretty good as well, kind of easy to air combo with her.