The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - TomGuycott - 02-17-2011

I just played as Dante for the first time in Training mode and HOLY HELL He has a lot of fucking moves! Granted, each character has enough variation between their Light/Med/Heavy inputs to have them serve different purposes, but he has a different move for each! The only other person I've played so far who had so many facets was Arthur, who I also like a lot.

It's fun figuring out the facets of each character in training. For example, I finally know how to do Super Skrull's Death Penalty correctly, a big step considering how much I play as him. I'm trying out every character a little bit each so I know how they work and what I can expect in terms of specials.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - a babyass man - 02-17-2011

i've been learning dante today as well, he's a ton of fun to play with and is probably going in my main team

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 02-17-2011

Dante is a fun character to play as, and I don't get why people think he's overpowered. Oh no, he has a lot of moves and is a really good rushdown character, big deal. A lot of his moves are easy to see coming and to counter, too.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Rosencrantz - 02-17-2011

That's good to hear; I was dead-set on maining him when I first heard of his confirmation :>

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - TomGuycott - 02-18-2011

I hardly think Dante's overpowered, in fact every time I've seen him I've totally rocked him. If anything, Super Skrull is a bit overpowered, unless I'm just getting reaaally lucky with him. His command grab is just so hilarious to watch too. I open every match against my better-at-fighting-games friend and he's always like "Alright, I'm gonna--- WHAT THE FUCK!?"

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - X Gamer 66 - 02-18-2011

(02-17-2011, 10:37 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: That's good to hear; I was dead-set on maining him when I first heard of his confirmation :>
This

And as if Dante weren't enough, they threw in Arthur. and Amaterasu.

Man I wish I had some spending money.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Rosencrantz - 02-18-2011

omg x we must think alike

I was also considering Arthur : O

Ammy was up on the fence but I think I might go with Haggar instead

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Gwen - 02-20-2011

FUCK GALACTUS.
I'm loving this game except for the fact I cannot beat Galactus and I'm still trying to figure out how to use C. Viper radularly, cause she is Radular.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Shadowth117 - 02-20-2011

(02-20-2011, 05:47 AM)Flannel bastard Wrote: FUCK GALACTUS.
I'm loving this game except for the fact I cannot beat Galactus and I'm still trying to figure out how to use C. Viper radularly, cause she is Radular.

Just make sure to block whenever he uses one of his attacks. He usually gives a pretty clear indication of when he going to do it. The only one I haven't managed to block is the one where he grabs you, squeezes you and throws you at the floor which I'm assuming you dodge by super jumping.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Omegajak - 02-20-2011

Is it weird that I don't have the game yet?

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kairos - 02-20-2011

(02-20-2011, 05:57 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote:

Just make sure to block whenever he uses one of his attacks. He usually gives a pretty clear indication of when he going to do it. The only one I haven't managed to block is the one where he grabs you, squeezes you and throws you at the floor which I'm assuming you dodge by super jumping.

Mash a bit and you'll get out. You'll prolly take some damage, but not a lot.

Calling an assit might work too, I think.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 02-21-2011

(02-20-2011, 04:28 PM)Rags Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 05:57 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote:

Mash a bit and you'll get out. You'll prolly take some damage, but not a lot.

Calling an assit might work too, I think.

also that attack is basically 'my command' that onslaught used in the first MVC3. superjump to avoid it.

also

AIM OF HAWKEYE
JUST LIKE CAP
SPIDEY SWING!

taskmaster is so boss omg

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - DadNier - 02-23-2011

my team is ryu/haggar/arthur

considering replacing arthur with dormammu or spidey, I'm kind of fascinated with how dormammu works, he sorta reminds me of blackthorne or w/e his name was from mvc2

I really like how the new shinkuu hadouken opens up way more combo options for ryu
the mission mode is interesting too, it's helped teach me some stuff

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 02-23-2011

I wish Desk would stop breaking the game, now I'm afraid I'm gonna keep running into Chun-Li and Akuma online Sad

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Gwen - 02-23-2011

I think for now my team is Dante/Deadpool/Viewtiful Joe.