The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Rob - 02-17-2011

(02-17-2011, 12:34 AM)Fuchikoma Wrote: i've been told zero is basically the king of air juggle.

No that's Dante I think maybe its both?!???

Anyways my team is Haggar, Deadpool, Arthur

I think I see why Arthur is slow and can't have a dash because most of his attacks are projectiles he is also small

Deadpool can be that one character that can be cheep as fuck if he's spamming his trigger happy but I've seen people counter that so I try not to spam that and thus rely more on indirect attacking

Haggar is really good at sending people flying in the air especially if you hit S (A/X) at the right time after Violent Axe H he can also avoid projectiles with his Double Lariat via Zangief style.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Negative-Zer0 - 02-17-2011

(02-17-2011, 11:33 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: I end up playing 50% cheesers, 50% people with legitimate skill.

I should mention that 80% of that 50% of cheesers have Sentinel in their team somewhere.

No really, fuck Sentinel. Not fun. Not fun at all.

Cheesing IS a legitimate skill. As long as they are getting the win I am pretty sure they couldn't care less.

Is there anything wrong with your team setup? Keepaway vs sentinel means that you are pretty much dead. However, he has a lot of trouble with rush down characters. Teleport shuts him down completely. so try setting up a team based upon that. I recommend Dante-Jam Session/doom-missiles/your going to hate me for this...

Sentinel-Drones.

(Lmao, i basically just made team Clockw0rk.)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Vipershark - 02-17-2011

So X-23, Felicia, and C. Viper

GRRL POWER aside, I think this is my new main team.
Might replace Viper with Hsien-Ko.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Marth - 02-17-2011

Super Skrull, C.Viper, Zero.
it actually works.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Dear President Seinfeld - 02-17-2011

lmao I can't believe MODOK is playable

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - a babyass man - 02-17-2011

new to online mode and want to establish an early foothold in the climb to competitive fighting stardom? follow these tips!

1) play as sentinel
2) mash the SP button
3) take a nap

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Dear President Seinfeld - 02-17-2011

Amaterasu owns, as expected

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 02-17-2011

(02-17-2011, 03:23 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote:
(02-17-2011, 11:33 AM)Alpha Six Wrote: I end up playing 50% cheesers, 50% people with legitimate skill.

I should mention that 80% of that 50% of cheesers have Sentinel in their team somewhere.

Cheesing IS a legitimate skill.
No it isn't, because that would imply "skill."

A 5 year old can cheese.

(02-17-2011, 07:29 PM)Alpha Six Wrote:

A 5 year old can cheese.

It's a legitimate tactic son. Whether or not you like it, they still got the win.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 02-17-2011

(02-17-2011, 07:59 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote:

A 5 year old can cheese.

It's a legitimate tactic son. Whether or not you like it, they still got the win.

If an underhanded victory is frowned on in any other 'sport' I don't think they should be regarded as a legitimate win in a fighting game, or anything that involves a victory and a loss.

(02-17-2011, 08:01 PM)KOJJIRO Wrote:
(02-17-2011, 07:59 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote:

A 5 year old can cheese.

If an underhanded victory is frowned on in any other 'sport' I don't think they should be regarded as a legitimate win in a fighting game, or anything that involves a victory and a loss.

Yes it can. No FG player considers this game a sport anyway, only MLG does, which is mocked. The game states who wins or not, not the people outside, unlike sports. People love to complain about tactics when they can be forming a counter tactic against said 'cheesing'. Complaining won't stop the other person from doing it, nor will it alert Capcom to suddenly make a playstyle weaker. (there would be a HUGE backlash)

At an arcade, which is where this games roots are from, you did anything to win. You spent your cash and you were not going to waste it just becuase the other guy hates a tactic. Same with this game, you use the mechanics of the game to win. Whether or not you like it, they still won. They still wasted your cash at an arcade, they still took your money in a money match, they still took the thousands of dollars in that tournament, and you lost.
Learn from mistakes and learn not to make them again. Did you ever wonder why the best are the best?

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - a babyass man - 02-17-2011

shut the fuck up and play this fun-ass game

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 02-17-2011

Actually, given my experience in arcades (which I have a lot of!) If there were two even competitors, they fought evenly. If someone cheesed a round, they usually didn't come back for a second.
All of this victory talk is pretty pointless though, because ultimately if someone becomes a notorious lamer people are going to find out.
Like if I used a Wesker - Sentinel - whoever team against tyvon and just mashed SP with sentinel, I'd expect him to tell people.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - TomGuycott - 02-17-2011

I beat a Sentinel with Viewtiful Joe without getting hit. Just sayin'. (And this was a guy who actually plays fighting games, I play with him all the time).

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kesha - 02-17-2011

don't hate the player, hate the game