The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kail - 02-14-2011

Yeah I've had an early copy for the past few days, it's really fun, but I stopped following the news after the NY Comic Con, and right after Comic Con I remembered hearing about a "robust story mode" that would blow all other fighting games out of the water.

I pop the game in, the closest thing to a story mode is static images and text for endings.

How is that robust? I thought we were going to get a MK vs. DCU style story mode, that would've blown ME out of the water. A GOOD fighting game with a GREAT story? That would've given me reason to play it more than I already do.

But then again a fighting game needs about as much of a story mode as Madden does.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - TomGuycott - 02-14-2011

Well considering the fact that MvC2 had about NO story, endings for characters is a big step up, but seriously, from what I've seen there is little to no "robustness" in the story (granted I have yet to play it, feel free to prove me wrong if I am). The only fighting game franchise that has put a lot of effort into story modes recently is BlazBlue, but then again I don't play EVERY fighting game, so I could be wrong there again.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Rökkan - 02-14-2011

(02-14-2011, 09:59 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: Well considering the fact that MvC2 had about NO story, endings for characters is a big step up

No, they were just adding back an element that MvC2 took out because MvC2 focused too much on adding a shitload of characters than almost anything else, like balancing characters, and adding more than just a handful of different stages and music tracks.

X-Men v.s. Street Fighter, Marvel Super Heroes v.s. Street Fighter and Marvel v.s. Capcom - all those games had endings for characters and own themes for every character, Marvel vs Capcom 3 just added them back.

I know, I'm saying compared to what MvC2 HAD become (so many characters, no story), having the amount of story that MvC3 does is a huge amount of story (some added from none).

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kosheh - 02-14-2011

(02-10-2011, 07:39 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote: Got an early copy. I LOVE NYC.

what's up fellow VGNY shopper

I've been playing this since last night. I like it; it's a more approachable MvC. I always hated doing air combos, but with this new layout (L-M-H-S) I like it. I like it a lot.

believe it or not though I can't *stand* the fact that there are only 4 palettes for each character and that almost the whole roster is available right out of the box. That gives the game like no replay value, I seriously just unlocked everyone an hour ago and now I'm just dicking around in training ):
EDIT: just realized there's more replay value tucked within the game, but...without spoiling it, I'll say it's "similar to attempting to 100% SF4"

oh god i loooooooovvvvve using x-23 so much Cry
but wtf @ amaterasu, mrs. megaman volnutt dog. i've got to admit beating people up with her is a guilty pleasure, though

also I like how balance also included giving more than magneto and storm the ability to hover (now morrigan and thor can do it, too!)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - X Gamer 66 - 02-14-2011

Kosh Wrote:Complaining that a fighting game has little single player replay value
you're doing it wrong, man.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 02-14-2011

Hopefully picking it up tomorrow if my payments come in. Really excited.
WHOOP IT CAME IN GUESS WHO'S GETTING MVC3

Best Buy freaking sent me a confirmation that my game was ready to be picked up, but I called ahead and she ALMOST said it was, but then she's like "Wait, doesn't that come out tomorrow?" and checked and said I had to wait until tomorrow.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Negative-Zer0 - 02-14-2011

(02-14-2011, 08:07 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Best Buy freaking sent me a confirmation that my game was ready to be picked up, but I called ahead and she ALMOST said it was, but then she's like "Wait, doesn't that come out tomorrow?" and checked and said I had to wait until tomorrow.

Going to non-retail stores for early copy> pre-order every single time.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Marth - 02-14-2011

can't pick mine up until tommorrow and I have work Sad But I get out of school early so I have last period off. That means between 2: 30 to 5: 30 I'm living, eating, shitting, and breathing MvC3

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kosheh - 02-15-2011

(02-14-2011, 10:46 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote:
(02-14-2011, 08:07 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Best Buy freaking sent me a confirmation that my game was ready to be picked up, but I called ahead and she ALMOST said it was, but then she's like "Wait, doesn't that come out tomorrow?" and checked and said I had to wait until tomorrow.

Going to non-retail stores for early copy> pre-order every single time.
Chain store breaking street date, get fined and lose license to sell games < Chain putting game out for purchase release day

(02-14-2011, 06:02 PM)X Gamer 66 Wrote:
Kosh Wrote:Complaining that a fighting game has little single player replay value
you're doing it wrong, man.
no u doin it wrong
remember MvC2?
i played for months to get all the points to unlock everyone :{ It had a store ingame. Playing the game and unlocking everyone was necessary to fully enjoy MvC2.
It's like they held all the good characters hostage and you had to pay the ransom of rocking ass enough at the game to unlock peoples
Now mostly all the characters are available save...four characters (I unlocked Taskmaster without even doing anything?) and then I have troves of...gallery content to unlock. While that's sweet, it's not something that motivates me to keep playing the game and unlock everything. It's not more characters. It's not more palettes.

capcom's doin it wrong, not kosheh
and doing it that old way forces me to get better with other characters than the ones I just feel most comfortable with using every time I play with others

u dig????

eh maybe I'm koopauling it but despite the fact that this is a world of online gaming that we live in, they don't have to
dumb the game down like that, you know?

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Dolphman - 02-15-2011

us in australia get it in two days. i've already preordered mine. comes with a comic, along with art & sticker books. not sure what each other country gets, though

i also happen to posses a copy of one of the character posters they had at Comic-Con on eBay. (of course, i can't go to it every year due to it being in San Diego)
i managed to grab the Felicia poster. which i have in a frame, yet to be on my wall. here's what the guy has.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - TomGuycott - 02-15-2011

I'm just too lazy to hunt down places that are breaking the street dates, and personally I want the ones NEAR me to stay in business, so I'd rather not have them getting fined. I was with my friend for his midnight release copy though, and MAN is it awesome!

So far my favorite characters that I played as are MODOK, Super Skrull, Arthur and Zero (even though I feel I could do a LOT better with Zero after practicing his moves). Super Skrull is soooo nasty.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 02-15-2011

THIS GAME IS FUCKING AWESOME. My current mains are Zero and X-23. I'm also really loving Chris, Trish, and the motherfuckin' SUPER-SKRULL.

Also, is it just me or is the netcode kind of shitty in comparison to MvC2? My first match had a little bit of lag going on, and my second match disconnected completely.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - TomGuycott - 02-15-2011

I think it has something to do with the massive amount of traffic that's probably going on with the game right now. When I was playing last night at like 1 AM it was running smooth.

Also why does Best Buy open at ten!? URGH! If only I had the money before they stopped special edition preorders at gamestop. DX