The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Rosencrantz - 12-18-2010

I'm going to laugh if it turns out that all the DLC characters are mediocre at best

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - X Gamer 66 - 12-18-2010

I'm cool with DLC as long as it's not too expensive. But knowing how much Capcom charges for costumes in SF4, I'm scared what entire characters will cost.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Negative-Zer0 - 12-18-2010

(12-18-2010, 08:27 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: I'm going to laugh if it turns out that all the DLC characters are mediocre at best

Mediocre or not, they are still apart of the game. Fighting players need the complete game to master it, not a part of it.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - vinnyboiler - 12-18-2010

Capcom had me buying all the costumes in SF4. I'm sure they won't be too unfair with the price.

I hope Sad

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kairos - 12-18-2010

(12-18-2010, 08:41 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 08:27 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: I'm going to laugh if it turns out that all the DLC characters are mediocre at best

Mediocre or not, they are still apart of the game. Fighting players need the complete game to master it, not a part of it.

Please shut up because you continually prove you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

EDIT:

(12-18-2010, 12:44 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote: Delayed or canceled reveals because of leakers.

or

you know

the leakers were lying and hisen-ko and phoenix aren't in?

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 12-18-2010

(12-18-2010, 12:44 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 05:29 AM)GaryCXJk Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 01:39 AM)[fish in space] Wrote: i would rather they choose unique female characters like psylocke or something instead of sheclones but thats just me i guess

Die please.

Also, when's Jump Fiesta again?

Delayed or canceled reveals because of leakers.

And as for the whole sheclones thing, they are only different when you get deeper into their character. Basically, i know no one wants to except it, but instead of making original heroes/villains/whaterverthefuck, they repackage a male character and give em a sex change. Different in personalty maybe, but still being the same concept with a differant sex. That is just me apparently.

So you can argue "they are different enough" but when you ask the general public, they will essentially be she clone of the original character.

Squirrel girl and Elektra, but that is just me I guess.
i'm not disputing the fact that that's the original reason (she hulk) was made, but that's hardly the case with almost any character in the marvel universe

Hulk is Bruce Banner, an unsuccessful scientist (now, anyway) who's superpowers basically ruined his entire life, he can't control them, he's come very close to killing some of his greatest allies and heroes multiple times. The longer he fights, the stronger and more angry he gets.

She Hulk is Jennifer Walters, who got her superpowers in an incredible event that was completely not traumatic in any way possible.
Her superpowers give her enhanced speed and strength, she can control her transformations fully, retains all of her intelligence (in some cases becomes even more intelligent)
her career has prospered because of it, has an acclaimed comic book run, is a star character in multiple crossover titles etc etc.
the characters aren't the same at all, same for wolverine and x-23. the similarities pretty much end at 'gamma radiation, green skin'

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Cobalt Blue - 12-19-2010

dear negative zero.

stop being so mad. if you dont like the game or feel its unfair to make you pay for extra content, dont buy it.

welcome to capitalism, enjoy your stay.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Negative-Zer0 - 12-19-2010

(12-19-2010, 12:11 AM)Fuchikoma Wrote: dear negative zero.

stop being so mad. if you dont like the game or feel its unfair to make you pay for extra content, dont buy it.

welcome to capitalism, enjoy your stay.

The point is that people think that it is good to pay for them. You don't have to like it, i just don't like how capcom is purposely holding a part of the game hostage from me.

Apparently opinions are not allowed at tSR since a lot of them are universal sooooo...

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kriven - 12-19-2010

They aren't holding it "hostage" from you. They knew ragefags like you would rant endless walls of text belittling their company for not including the characters at all. They thought "Hey, maybe we can shut them the fuck up if we tell them we might include them later."

Be happy with the DLC, because the roster is already complete enough. If they released it right now, the game would own. The fact that they're even making additional characters (who are, by the way, being released months later, not four weeks later) is just a bonus on an already great package.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kairos - 12-19-2010

(12-19-2010, 01:55 AM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote: Apparently opinions are not allowed at tSR since a lot of them are universal sooooo...

I love the irony of this part, seeing as how a few post ago you were speaking on the behalf of every competitive fighter saying they don't want DLC.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Cobalt Blue - 12-19-2010

also, just to clarify mister i dont want to stop talking out of my ass:

"the game" is being made with one single purpose: make money. not to mention, if you're telling you're just ranting at it based on gameplay videos, the fuck can you say then? and i dont really believe in "well my experience can say" fuck that shit. give the game a rest, its not even close to be launched yet.

you're turning into that sonic fanboy no one really likes sir, i might warn you about it because you're totally getting obstuse and closeminded about how the game should be "for you" under the excuse it should be "competitive".

fine, i really wish that there wouldn't be shecoles either and i really dislike the roster's at some points(if i was capcom i'd go for a Dr. Willy instead of Tronn Bonne, actually). but shit, lets at least try the game and throw a few combos before jumping on such idiotic conclusions.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - GaryCXJk - 12-19-2010

(12-18-2010, 11:06 PM)Rags Wrote: or

you know

Right now it's more likely. Any company is stupid to hold back information just because it has been leaked. Why holding it back when you know they will eventually know?

Also, I would find it odd they would reveal new characters shortly after revealing Storm and C. Viper.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - darthball - 12-19-2010

anyone like megaman?

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Negative-Zer0 - 12-19-2010

(12-18-2010, 11:06 PM)Rags Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 08:41 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote:

Please shut up because you continually prove you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

EDIT:

(12-18-2010, 12:44 PM)Negative-Zer0 Wrote: Delayed or canceled reveals because of leakers.

or

you know

You have not the SLIGHTEST clue of what you are talking about. What part of that post was wrong? Aside from the possible leakers, nothing else was false. Can i play a game with only part of it in my grasp? NO. If your going to argue, at east make a good one, don't try to come at me with non witty comebacks.

My opinion on DLC is that it should add to the game, not take part of it away from me. I can understand that the point is to make money, but that doesn't mean that I have to like it. Knowing that the game that i bought at release isn't all of what they developed.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - GaryCXJk - 12-19-2010

You have absolutely no idea what we're talking about.

DLC is content added. If content doesn't exist now, but will exist somewhere in the future, then they obviously did not withheld it from you seeing as the content didn't even fucking exist.