The VG Resource
ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: ULTIMATE Marvel vs Capcom 3...!? FUUUUUUUU- (/thread-12506.html)

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Kairos - 09-10-2010

(09-10-2010, 10:12 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Tron? Random. X and Zero seemed like the perfect candidates for this game.

Well uh, Tron was in MvC2, and a high tier and popular character at that, it's not honestly all that random or surprising.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Ton - 09-10-2010

I know she was, but she hasn't been in a game since then, the "universe" she's from is pretty much abandoned, and everyone else in the game so far has been a newer/prominent character in their franchise, so it is surprising.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Alpha Six - 09-10-2010

Volnutt was in TvC.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - StarSock64 - 09-10-2010

Her universe hasn't been abandoned at all, just a new game in it's been delayed for so long. The characters still come up in pretty much all of Capcom's crossovers and it's still popular/talked about. Plus she has a pretty interesting character concept. She's using her ugly green color again though what's up with that

See now if they said "x fans will be happy," it makes me wonder...I mean there HAS to be an actual MEGA MAN right? Be it Classic, X, EXE, SF or even Vent. I imagine Mega Man classic will be included (being the MvC veteran, having new games coming out)...so will there be Tron, Mega Man and an X character also? Probably Zero?

Oh hey that's exactly what I said I wanted Wink

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - GaryCXJk - 09-10-2010

I bet it will be Bad Box Art Mega Man.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Vipershark - 09-10-2010

I'd want Grey/Ashe to be in, but I don't think ZXA is "mainstream" enough to put in :/
Model A would be great for a fighting game, though.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Omegajak - 09-10-2010

(09-10-2010, 09:58 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I'd want Grey/Ashe to be in, but I don't think ZXA is "mainstream" enough to put in :/

You had me at Model A then you started talking about Mainstream. Explain to me how this matters?

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Ton - 09-10-2010

Needs more Servbot. *breathes fire* "WHAAAAAA!"

Also, can we drop Roll for Protoman or Bass yet?

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - TomGuycott - 09-10-2010

Don't drop Roll, I loved her in TvC. I love throwing buckets full of water on unsuspecting enemies!

Personally, I like Bass' EXE incarnation better. Has much cooler attacks and all, but then again he doesn't have any Treble Boost, so... Bass is a toughie, hard to choose what I'd REALLY like better.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Vipershark - 09-10-2010

(09-10-2010, 11:13 PM)Djanjo Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 09:58 PM)Vipershark Wrote: I'd want Grey/Ashe to be in, but I don't think ZXA is "mainstream" enough to put in :/

You had me at Model A then you started talking about Mainstream. Explain to me how this matters?

because they would want a well-known character

it's obvious why classic is in, and Volnutt has a huge cult following

ZXA has nowhere near the following that the other mm series do.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Cobalt Blue - 09-11-2010

nobody gave a shit about ZXA

wich somehow ilustrates how much of an icon rather than a real franchise is what is left of megaman.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - tsr moderation staff - 09-11-2010

well except that zxa was a really good game

lets not forget that

Quote:Personally, I like Bass' EXE incarnation better. Has much cooler attacks and all, but then again he doesn't have any Treble Boost, so... Bass is a toughie, hard to choose what I'd REALLY like better.
[Image: 817755-bass.exe_vanishing_world_super.jpg]
GOSPEL BOOST MOTHERFUCKERS

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - StarSock64 - 09-11-2010

Man now I feel like I really gotta try ZXA out

If Bass was in it would most likely be his classic incarnation but personally I don't mind his BN incarnation either. BN would probably be a weird choice (just because of "officialness") for capcom though since it's finished and outdated by SF. But then SF isn't very good in terms of character choice. The variety of attacks the battle chip/card systems offer could be kinda fun though

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Vipershark - 09-11-2010

trust me starsock, ZXA is infinitely better than ZX

I own both
I completed ZXA with both characters (nearly 100%ed both characters)

I don't think I even got 10% of the way into ZX before I got bored.

RE: Marvel vs Capcom 3!? OH SHI- - Omegajak - 09-12-2010

Okay, let me clarify why Model A should be in MvC3.

Model A can BECOME Model ZX who is ESSENTIALLY Zero AND X combined into one body. Not only can Model A do this but he can also become Zero's Original Body aka Omega, plus the other Mega Men. Not only do they have a plethora of techniques they can call on that are from Zero and X but the fact they can copy Robot DNA like Axl means they could technically be any other Megaman. Including all the characters you've all mentioned to be 'better' candidates.

I don't mean be them to literally be those other characters that's retarded and redundant. I mean to say their move list would/could/can/should be huge and they could easily have mode changes that change their color and styles of play to be 'melee' oriented, 'trap' oriented, 'far away, keep away' oriented one of each for each mode/style.

Alright I'm done.