The VG Resource
HG/SS Discussion. - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+------ Forum: Pokemon (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-69.html)
+------ Thread: HG/SS Discussion. (/thread-11893.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - soulcaliburfan - 03-22-2010

Beat Lance with Tentacruel only, starting Kanto now...

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - triptych - 03-22-2010

lance is piss easy the first time

then he gets a garchomp and BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - JarJar - 03-22-2010

elite 4 was fuckin pushover the first time, karen gave SLIGHT trouble.
will, bruno, and koga were a fuckin joke.

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - Chaoxys - 03-22-2010

Karen was only a pain due to Houndoom. The thing was able to one shot most of my team with his dark pulse attack.

Lance was easy up until he got the upper hand half way through. At that point I was playing a little game of "Lets keep thins one guy alive long enough to do one more attack."

Seriously, taking out the entire team with Slowking was a pain since he was the only one who could hurt dragon attacks with avalanche (although since he's slow and always gets attacked first, his attack does double damage.)

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - Ashura - 03-22-2010

Does anyone here soft reset for good IV'd legendaries?

I got a really good lugia by abusing SoulSilver's PRNG.

[Image: 2n8y077.gif]
Timid
31 HP/30 ATK/31 DEF/27 SP ATK/29 SPDEF/29 SPEED

Took me about 3 hours to land on the right delay/second, and I think this is a good catch.

I'm planning to give it one of smogon's movesets: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lugia
I'm trying to figure out which one, though.

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - DioShiba - 03-22-2010

I'm honestly addicted to the voltorb flip game, tbh i enjoy it more then the slots.

though, I also wonder why NOA changed the slots to the new game.

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - JoshR691 - 03-22-2010

(03-22-2010, 05:41 PM)Innocence Wrote: Does anyone here soft reset for good IV'd legendaries?

*Lugia Pic*
Timid

Took me about 3 hours to land on the right delay/second, and I think this is a good catch.

I'm planning to give it one of smogon's movesets: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lugia
So far, almost every Pokemon I've caught has a nature that lowers one of the attacks and/or speed...I've gotten Adamant Special Attacker, Modest Physical Attackers, etc...(That being said, I haven't started breeding or anything yet)

And I've been curious, but how do you abuse the PRNG in HG & SS?

Also: I have to say, I like the Voltorb Flip game, but I hate losing and getting back down to Level 1, I can never get a decent amount of coins

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - Wes - 03-22-2010

Got me an awesome Lapras. I know it isn't Friday but I tried changing my DS clock to make it Friday (this didn't work. even though it works changing the time to make it morning/day/night to get other pokemon). So then I tried to migrate a Lapras from FireRed to Diamond and trade it with my old DS (top screen is broken but it still works), but I couldn't migrate for 24 hours because I had changed the DS clock. So I went to try and catch a Lapras in Victory Road in Sinnoh, but that took over an hour because I had to help this girl Marley through and this one trainer had a Blissey with Minimize and Softboiled, plus the fact that Marley used Helping Hand 90% of the time instead of attacking. So then I finally get through that, and I have to run away from about 50 Golbats before I finally find a Lapras. but it was level 55 (missed out on moves I wanted like Ice Beam and Body Slam) and I didn't want to make HG too easy (I wanted Lapras because I needed an Ice type to beat Clair, plus having someone 15 levels higher than the rest of my team was kind of unfair). So I bred it, but the egg took about 15 more minutes to hatch. Then I finally get a baby Lapras and trade it over to HG. All in all it took about 2 hours, time well spent.

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - Rhyme - 03-22-2010

(03-22-2010, 09:18 PM)Wes Wrote: Got me an awesome Lapras. I know it isn't Friday but I tried changing my DS clock to make it Friday (this didn't work. even though it works changing the time to make it morning/day/night to get other pokemon).

set it to 23:59 the day before (thursday in this case), start the game *quickly* so that you can still be on 23:59 when the game loads the save, and it will work.

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - Ashura - 03-22-2010

(03-22-2010, 09:02 PM)JoshR691 Wrote:
(03-22-2010, 05:41 PM)Innocence Wrote: Does anyone here soft reset for good IV'd legendaries?

*Lugia Pic*
Timid

So far, almost every Pokemon I've caught has a nature that lowers one of the attacks and/or speed...I've gotten Adamant Special Attacker, Modest Physical Attackers, etc...(That being said, I haven't started breeding or anything yet)

And I've been curious, but how do you abuse the PRNG in HG & SS?

Also: I have to say, I like the Voltorb Flip game, but I hate losing and getting back down to Level 1, I can never get a decent amount of coins

It's very hard to learn, but you'll get great pokemon once you learn how. It took me a week to find out how to do it. If you have any trouble, just ask in the smogon forums.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4

tl;dr version
No "random" number in a program is truly random. The number was created from a PRNG(psuedorandom number generator). However, PRNGs have to be started from a seed. Most programs base their seeds from time. So in theory, if a program uses time to make its seed, and its host computer froze in time, the "random" numbers the PRNG makes will always be the same, regardless of how many times the program was initialized. Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HG/SS is no exception. It bases its seed off the DS' clock. Smogoners have found out how to exploit this to get pokemon with amazing IVs.

In order to capture your Dream Pokemon, you must hit the right seed first. To get the right seed, you must reset the game and hit the continue button on the target time (right down to the second). In addition, you have to hit the right delay at the same time. Delay = a fast counter that increases by one approximately 60 times per second. It starts when you launch (or soft reset) any of the Pokémon games and stops when you press the A button on the "Continue" screen. It is not exactly 60 times per second, though, and will vary from game to game. The lowest delay an average person hits is between 600-610. Mine is 594.

First, calibrate your average Seconds/Delay. This is the part where you find how fast you can get from Resetting to Continuing, in seconds/delay format. Go to RNG reporter's "seed finder" mini-app. Click the little tab that says "Find Initial Seed by IVs." Input the time that you plan to reset the game in the tab's little text boxes (I HIGHLY suggest you reset the game at the start of a new minute) Then reset the game at the planned time (right down to the minute) and hit continue as fast as you can, and finally capture a pokemon. Enter its IVs in the same tab, and click on the "Find" button. If you soft resetted at the right time, you should get your initial seed for that attempt, and the delay/seconds required to hit that seed. Re-do this process 3-4 times to find your average delay/seconds.

If you're too lazy to find the pokemon's IVs, you can just click on the "Find initial seed by Stats". Do what you did on "Find initial seed by IVs", but capture a level 40+ pokemon and enter its actual stats instead of its IVs.

Once you calibrated your average seconds/delay, you can find a target seed that you can hit. Now search for a Pokemon with the desired IVs/nature in RNG reporter's "Time Finder" mini-app. Be sure to enter your own delay range! It will look for a seed within the range of delays and the exact frame for the IVs/nature. Copy down the seed, and paste it in RNG Reporter's "Seed to Time" mini-app. It will give you a target date, time (HH:MMUnsureS), and a delay.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part2#targettime

The target time isn't the time you reset the game, it's the time you press continue. Since you found out how many seconds it takes you to go from resetting to continuing, take the target time and subtract it by the seconds value that you found during calibration. The difference is the time you reset the game.

You can find out if you hit your seed or not by using the Coin Flip poketech app. Enter the target seed into RNG reporter's main menu, enter any other information (like method.. those are explained in the guide), and hit generate. Take note of the "coin flips for seed" bit. If you have hit your seed, the coin flip results in-game should match what is displayed in that bit.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part4#advance

Once you hit the right seed, you must hit the right frame. The initial frame is always 0. In order to advance it, you have to do special things (like walking 128 times, flipping the journal to a "caught" pokemon page, etc, the guide tells you which does which).

In addition, encountering a pokemon advances the current frame by a number based on the situation (this is called a "monster frame", the guide tells you which situations advance the CF by certain amounts.) You have to take advantage of this. Let's say you want to get a Azelf. Its monster frame is 1. The target frame is 301. Since flipping the journal to a "caught" pokemon page advances the CF by 2, I would flip 150 times to hit frame 300. Then I would talk to the azelf, which advances the frame by 1. I hit the correct target frame (301) and I got my dream azelf.

The guide only tells you how to advance frames in DPPt (not HG/SS). As a result, I decided to capture a Lugia which required me to land on Frame 1. Since Lugia's monster frame is 1 (doesn't say in the guide, only on the forums), I would hit my target frame if I just talked to lugia w/o doing anything else.

Once you've hit the right frame in the right seed, capture the target pokemon. If you did it right, you should get a pokemon with the IVs/nature/ability you wanted.

I could explain more, but the guide gives you a better understanding on how to capture pokemon by PRNG abuse. It also teaches you how to breed pokemon by PRNG abuse. I'm also pretty sure you don't want me to ramble about this moar. =P

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - JoshR691 - 03-23-2010

That's...a Lot of info...

I thought I read something about having to have a Shiny you caught in the wild (I'm assuming Red Gyarados doesn't count...) to get your Secret ID to actually do this...

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - Ashura - 03-23-2010

(03-23-2010, 12:20 AM)JoshR691 Wrote: That's...a Lot of info...

I thought I read something about having to have a Shiny you caught in the wild (I'm assuming Red Gyarados doesn't count...) to get your Secret ID to actually do this...

I told you it was a lot of info. It WILL pay off in the end, though.

SID is only if you want to catch shinies using RNG reporter. You need to use an AR to find it.

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - Devicho - 03-23-2010

Not necessarily. I remember there was some bigass equation you could do to figure it out. (Though I wound up just trading someone a Pokemon of mine so that they could find my SID. I blow at math.)

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - Jovian-12 - 03-23-2010

(03-22-2010, 05:47 PM)Drew Wrote: I'm honestly addicted to the voltorb flip game, tbh i enjoy it more then the slots.

though, I also wonder why NOA changed the slots to the new game.

because OMG GAMBLING!! SHIELD THE CHILDREN!!

...so...what levels did you guys go at the E4 at? I don't wanna grind too much but I just beat Clair and feel horribly underleveled

RE: HG/SS Discussion. - Ashura - 03-23-2010

I beat the elite four with level 40-43 pokemon.

If you have a water type pokemon, teach it ice beam/avalanche. Also, teach Taunt to one of your pokemon. Both will help you TONS. Koga LOVES hax moves.