The VG Resource
Metroid: Other M - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Metroid: Other M (/thread-6989.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Metroid: Other M - Cobalt Blue - 02-02-2010

i cant stand the idea of people not using their consoles. mean, even i play on my NES from time to time and it has yet to be touched by dust.

RE: Metroid: Other M - SKELTON S. SKELETON - 02-02-2010

the only consoles i don't use are my genesis and my n64, because genesis controllers work for like, a week wherever i buy them and my n64 has no games

RE: Metroid: Other M - PrettyNier - 02-02-2010

Quote:Make sure you get corruption because it's the absolute best in the prime series.
please tell me this is a joke
you have to be joking

prime 3 is miserable

~they would differ in opinion~
Please, shut up now. i completely understand we don't agree on this shit.
Nevermind all of the metroid games have obscenely high ratings~ but still get 3 because I think it's the best in the series and so do some black people!

Quote:Please, shut up now
eh

the intro with the invincible and unobservant engineers and the twitching guards and the doors you have to shoot despite being on a friendly space station (and the horrible and contrived explanation for that) and the turrets that pop-up and try and kill you if you shoot the invincible engineers but don't care if you shoot the gaurds and the falling off of the platform into space (iirc) only to returned to the platform minus 4 health is just

horrendous

it's as if it doesn't even understand the basics

i'll end this with a quote from a review

"Corruption has a boss fall off a platform – never mind the absence of gravity – get hit by a space ship below, and explode. Metroid Prime 1 doesn’t get stupid in the hopes of boom, nor does it sacrifice rhythm for molasses-drenched ornamentation."

RE: Metroid: Other M - Goemar - 02-02-2010

Prime was the only one I completed because the first two on the Cube had god awful controls.
3 is still a good game, it's just not very Metroid-y.

But yeah. Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission are my favourites by far.

Metroid fusion almost could have passed for a horror game!

RE: Metroid: Other M - TomGuycott - 02-02-2010

Metroid has always had fairly dark aspects in it, whether it just be related to the sometimes claustrophobic atmosphere like the black background throughout all of Metroid 2 combined with heart-pounding music, or elements like the dead scientists in the opening of Super Metroid.

RE: Metroid: Other M - Goemar - 02-02-2010

Super Metroid had the best intro ever in SNES history.

RE: Metroid: Other M - tsr moderation staff - 02-02-2010

fusion is probably my favourite. i love the suit, the new powers, the atmosphere, the graphics, everything

RE: Metroid: Other M - Koopaul - 02-02-2010

(02-02-2010, 04:04 PM)Gizmonicgamer Wrote: the intro with the invincible and unobservant engineers and the twitching guards and the doors you have to shoot despite being on a friendly space station (and the horrible and contrived explanation for that) and the turrets that pop-up and try and kill you if you shoot the invincible engineers but don't care if you shoot the gaurds and the falling off of the platform into space (iirc) only to returned to the platform minus 4 health is just

horrendous

it's as if it doesn't even understand the basics

i'll end this with a quote from a review

"Corruption has a boss fall off a platform – never mind the absence of gravity – get hit by a space ship below, and explode. Metroid Prime 1 doesn’t get stupid in the hopes of boom, nor does it sacrifice rhythm for molasses-drenched ornamentation."

Sounds like you've only played the first fifteen minutes of the game and you're judging the entire game from that.

the scene on the valhalla or whatever scared the shit out of me

RE: Metroid: Other M - triptych - 02-02-2010

(02-02-2010, 08:10 PM)Koopaul Wrote: Sounds like you've only played the first fifteen minutes of the game and you're judging the entire game from that.
because the rest of the game clearly didn't feel like it had been done thousands of times before

Quote:Sounds like you've only played the first fifteen minutes of the game and you're judging the entire game from that.
or maybe because the beginning part of the game was one of the biggest messes I've ever encountered and felt it practically embodied the bad design???

RE: Metroid: Other M - triptych - 02-02-2010

EXPLOSIONS CAN HAPPEN IN SPACE GIZ!!! EVEN WITHOUT OXYGEN!!!!

YOU JUST GOTTA BELIEVE