The VG Resource
Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] (/thread-26375.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - [robo9] - 06-27-2015

I mean I do have a Shulk if you'd be down to trade

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Darky's Manifestation - 06-27-2015

it's really tiny really, fit's exactly in the palm of your hand. i expected it to be bigger too, but it size is perfect actually. it's really about the same size of the smash amiibo ( including the base )

in fact here's a size comparison with a pack of cigarettes and the woolly amiibo
[Image: EDqUr18.jpg]
as you can see, it's a bit smaller than the pack of cigarettes, a size everyone probably knows.

so as you can see, it's not that big of plush. but the size totally fits. and god they are adorable.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - TomGuycott - 06-27-2015

(06-27-2015, 08:43 AM)E-Man Wrote: I'm not sure how you guys will react to this, but I'm more or less neutral about Amiibo collecting.

That's actually incredibly healthy, you shouldn't feel weird about it. XD

The main reason that I'm more or less getting an overabundance of them is threefold: One, when I was growing up, a lot of my favorite toys were characters who were only available as figurines with no articulation, usually with stands. I had a bunch based on the Mega Man animated series (and by a bunch I mean a bunch of doubles of Cut Man and Guts Man) and stuff like that, and I have very fond memories of playing with toys that were basically just blocks of plastic.

Two, video games have always been one of my favorite things, hands down. I love games more than most people love TV. I grew up playing Nintendo and Sega, and have grown up continuing to play them and a large ranges of other systems and games as the scope broadened.

Three, most of the characters I'm vying for the most have almost NO merchandise available for them officially. Like, at all. You can get plushes of certain characters like Meta Knight or Dedede, but something of a character like Captain Falcon? Forget about it, nothing official exists... probably.

Anyway, you don't even need amiibo to unlock stuff for your games if you have 'that one friend' who is really into them and buys a ton. In my circle of pals, I'm that one friend. I've actually brought a bunch over to my best friend's house before to unlock a bunch of Mario Kart costumes for Miis.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kosheh - 06-27-2015

E-Man - that's perfectly fine, and probably the healthier way to go about amiibo. Originally it was Ness and Duck Hunt - then I was done. But then, I started playing other characters in Smash, and had a lot of fun training my Fox amiibo. When I tried hunting for new characters, I'd have SO MUCH TROUBLE finding just that one I wanted. And...then it spiraled into a whole bunch of 'em, because in order to track that one that you really want down, you've gotta become an actual maniac in order to secure one...stateside :/
I've heard it's actually decent trying to collect amiibo in Holland (Darky's not having any issue). I'd ask Darky's advice on trying to find the amiibo you're looking for, because he's got a better idea of the amiibo situation there.

(06-27-2015, 10:10 AM)Darky Wrote: i've got a bunch more ever since last time

[Image: C022vll.jpg] [Image: ibIjcgW.jpg]

as you can see, still no shulk. friend of mine is trying to get me one though

Now I kinda wanna post a picture of my collection, but mine is also a mess between boxed and unboxed ):

but being you're the only one so far with Palutena on VGR, can we see a picture of your Palutena up-close? I'm super-conscious about the Palutena I'm getting soon lookin' like a loopy Merth, but won't complain if it's the case with nearly all of 'em Very Sad

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - TomGuycott - 06-27-2015

Here's my written tally of my Amiibo damage by series:

Bowser (smash and Mario), Toad

Link, Toon Link, Ganondorf and Sheik en route

Diddy, Donkey en route

Kirby, Meta Knight en route

Pikachu, Charizard

Mega Man, Pac Man, And Sonic

Samus, Ike en route, Captain Falcon almost here

My Wishlist:

Dedede, Duck Hunt, Game and Watch, Ness

Mild interest:
Star Fox, Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem, and Wario

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Ark Kuvis - 06-27-2015

I've actually arranged my Amiibaes by All Star mode.

Pac-Man, Mario, DK, Luigi, Little Mac, Bowser, Peach, Zelda, Pit, Mega Man, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Fox, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, Sheik, Toon Link, Ike, Lucario, Rosalina, Shulk.

I've got a Marth on the way, but I've sort of given up on collecting Amiibo right now. Way too much of a money sink. Though I do want Palutena, ROB, Duck Hunt, and Falco (I started this only buying DKU Amiibos, and it spiraled from there. But I at least need to complete the DKU with Falco), until I get a job I don't think I'm going to try and collect them as they come out.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Dolphman - 06-27-2015

The reason I started collecting these because I'm a huge figure collector and bought the ones I really liked. The Inklings are by far my favorites.
Grabbed Little Mac, Ness and Wii-Fit Trainer on Friday as soon as I saw them. With my brother's girlfriend buying me Wario yesterday.

But I'll give some advice for you American collectors: Try importing from Australia, because we have a massive amount of the rare ones.
eBay and shouldn't be a problem since most Aussie sellers have them for around $20-30 AUD.

My wishlist is: Duck Hunt, Game & Watch, Mii Gunner, R.O.B, and NES Mario in the Super Mario Maker bundle.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kosheh - 06-27-2015

(06-27-2015, 03:51 PM)Dolphman Wrote: But I'll give some advice for you American collectors: Try importing from Australia, because we have a massive amount of the rare ones.
eBay and shouldn't be a problem since most Aussie sellers have them for around $20-30 AUD.

It's tempting, and we would, but no Australian retail site (which we'd rather buy from, eBay's prices get ridiculous) will ship to the states - otherwise your online stores would have zero stock. :/

I think there's one, called Beat the Bomb, who does. But I'm not totally sure due to the shipping being astronomical.

Also, because I heard that like three people care, here's my amiibo collection. Not as nicely displayed yet as Koen's collection but I'm working on a nicer display with raised sections that'll go in our display cabinet.

[Image: W5Vvpjg.jpg?1]

For the record: Some amiibo are boxed due to the fact they're store exclusives in the US, hence hard-to-find, and some are boxed because of how fucking difficult they were to find. After taking this picture, I took Lucario out of the box and the next one to go is probably Marth.  But chances are they'll all be unboxed soon because I'm running out of space and really need to get to work on that display. Ness is out because I play Ness A LOT and I was super-psyched to train him up as quickly as possible.
I have a lot of Smash amiibo because those that I'm collecting are because I play those characters in Smash. Yes, at least like 29 of them (Jiggly is just a figure I liked and Meta Knight's for Rainbow Curse compatibility. Likewise, I have Toad for Captain Toad compatibility) I have MP Luigi because I don't like the Smash design with his phallic support.
Silver and Gold Mario are never leaving the box or my display cabinet, because they're like
truly trophies of Nintendoness
I've had to import some because of how hard some of them are to come by in the States, but it doesn't bother me because they'll all be opened eventually.

My dad noticed my collection recently when he came over and suggested I build a shelf or get a display case. which left me completely fucking elated that he finally acknowledged one of my [admittedly more toxic] hobbies and didn't harshly judge me before accepting them (for the record, this means a lot, because my dad used to be incredibly judgemental of me and my hobbies before I moved out. He's really mellowed out since)

But...yeah, my collection.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - senjen - 06-27-2015

Canada's definitely harder than America to get amiibos including the rare ones cause there hasn't been a restock of any of the waves except for commons -.-

commons being luigi, peach, mario, pikachu, zelda, and yoshi. that's all you see in stores here.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Darky's Manifestation - 06-28-2015

(06-27-2015, 01:37 PM)Kosheh Wrote: I've heard it's actually decent trying to collect amiibo in Holland (Darky's not having any issue). I'd ask Darky's advice on trying to find the amiibo you're looking for, because he's got a better idea of the amiibo situation there.

Now I kinda wanna post a picture of my collection, but mine is also a mess between boxed and unboxed  ):

but being you're the only one so far with Palutena on VGR, can we see a picture of your Palutena up-close? I'm super-conscious about the Palutena I'm getting soon lookin' like a loopy Merth, but won't complain if it's the case with nearly all of 'em Very Sad

yeah it's easier here. it's still difficult, but once you've placed a pre-order it mostly comes through. the only time things really went wrong here was during wave 2.5 aka shulk and the kirby fellows; mega man and sonic were everywhere, yet the other three were nowhere to be found.

and sure i'll show some stuff! i personally think design wise palutena might be one of the most impressive amiibo's yet. her face is a bit different but it isn't all bad. but perhaps i just got lucky.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kriven - 06-29-2015

Do you guys think it's going to be a nightmare to grab the DK and Bowser Skylandamiibo?

I'm hoping they'll be spared the typical Amiibo fate... but...

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kosheh - 06-29-2015

...sort of. They'll put a dent in your wallet, that's for sure.

DK's bundled with a portal, two figures, and the Wii U version of Skylanders Superchargers. Bowser is in a similar bundle for the Wii (yes. that one) and the 3DS versions of the game.
But if you're referring to their production numbers, probably not hard - they're being produced by Activision, which has a pretty dang good handle on the toys-to-life market.

I've been really seriously debating on getting the remainders of the Smash series (I'm missing only 6: Captain Falcon, Link, Zelda, Pikachu, Luigi, and Ganondorf. I can't play those six characters to save my life. 5 of those are/will be easy to get, and I don't mind paying extra for Falcon at this point. Also planning on buying the whole next few waves, save the Mii Fighters) but Cinemarella's kind of been egging me on. "You're only missing what, like 3 of them? Just finish up the collection and get a full set; you might at well at this point"

but like

that's clutter cos i'll barely touch them Very Sad but...a full collection
it's tempting Very Sad

"but kosheh you dont touch like half your collection, they're in boxes"
yeeeeeeah but they'll be out of boxes and played with as soon as I train up some more of these miibz

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Darky's Manifestation - 07-02-2015

i already own a captain myself, but i almost wanted to pick this one up and sell it ( for the normal price + transmission charge ) to one you guys that don't own captain falcon yet.

i might check on it later if it's still there and pick it up anyway.

[Image: BjDgEUp.jpg]

also one of my best buddies got me these as a gift.
[Image: QmdlNab.jpg]

that's the re-print version of villager ( already own the orginal one ) and little mac and the wii fit trainer which i didn't own yet

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kosheh - 07-02-2015

(07-02-2015, 10:10 AM)Darky Wrote: i already own a captain myself, but i almost wanted to pick this one up and sell it ( for the normal price + transmission charge ) to one you guys that don't own captain falcon yet.

*HAND SHOOTS UP SO FAST THAT I DISLOCATE MY SHOULDER*

a-actually let's see if I can brave America's CF restock first which should only be a few weeks away, but pick it up anyhow

EDIT: I'm fucking weak. I just bought Captain Falcon and Ganondorf from Germany. $50. I don't think I really could've done much better lol

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Goemar - 07-03-2015

Well it may have taken me 2 hours and a lot of hitting the F5 key, but my order of the stupid Fallout 4 Pip-Boy edition has now been confirmed... urgh... stress.

I don't own a Wii U but I want that Yoshi, it's freakin' adorable!