The VG Resource
Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] (/thread-26375.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - AuraLancer - 05-30-2015

I got Pacman, the silver Mario and the Splatoon three pack at Best Buy, all by chance. According to Best Buy, they were only going to sell this wave online, I just randomly decided to go in there yesterday morning. Pleasant surprise.

I got Wario and Charizard during Amazon's bizarre sale. See here - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/140954-Amazon-Timed-Sale-Strategy-For-Wave-4-Amiibos
I attempted to get Lucina and Robin, but they sold out in an astonishing new record - 3 seconds. As I was at work and using the Amazon app on my phone, I never stood a chance.

I sure wish I could have gotten Ness. He's a major part of my childhood. I played Earthbound soooo many times as a kid I actually killed the save battery in the cartridge Sad

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Cyberguy64 - 05-30-2015

I nabbed a Pac-Man at GameStop yesterday. Last one there. Sadly, the Splatoon Amiibo packs were gone immediately. And Ness? Forget it.

I think I'm gonna make the Pac-Land hat out of clay and glue it to his head to make him custom.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - TomGuycott - 05-30-2015

Yeah, I regret paying more for Pac Man, I saw him for 13 on Amazon today. XD

Oh well. It wasn't a tremendous loss.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Shawn - 05-30-2015

i got lucina and robin amiibos. im surprised at the quality improvement since the first batch of amiibos that looked like total ass.

now if only i had a wiiu

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - TomGuycott - 05-30-2015

(05-30-2015, 07:34 PM)Shawn Wrote: now if only i had a wiiu

I checked this thread on my phone earlier, and I read this as you wanting a waifu.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Shawn - 05-31-2015

well i want one of those too

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kosheh - 06-01-2015

(05-30-2015, 07:34 PM)Shawn Wrote: i got lucina and robin amiibos. im surprised at the quality improvement since the first batch of amiibos that looked like total ass.

...my lucina amiibo has a pimple on her face

of course this is the only lucina i've ever seen with a pimple on her face but I think at this point I can just live with it. I'll take a picture when I open it up (i'm waiting till like thursday when I've got all my new amiibers to do so)

i have a feeling if I complain too much I'll have a ness that looks like (°_o) and feel that my complaining was for naught

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Kriven - 06-01-2015

Sell it as the very rare "Acne Lucina" edition amiibo.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Gwen - 06-06-2015

My Squid Girl amiibo arrived today. Gotta head out to work soon but aw yisss.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - TomGuycott - 06-27-2015

I'm addicted to these little assholes.

As soon the last ones I ordered online come in, I'm going to post what I have in a picture. I'm not aiming to collect every one or anything, but I have probably more than I should. :<

I'm really excited that most of them unlock costumes for Yoshi's Wooly World and Super Mario Maker, though. It's disappointing that Pokemon ones barely do anything ever, but what's much more disappointing is that Yoshi's Wooly World itself was pushed back to October in the US.

At least by then I'll be able to have my Meta Knight Yoshi. That thing is seriously so awesome looking. Very Sad

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Dolphman - 06-27-2015

I have a fair amount already, and that's what was the first thing I did after buying and playing Yoshi's Wooly World yesterday.
Yeah, it does suck with the Pokemon, since all it did with my Charizard was make a Yoshi in an advertising Amiibo shirt.
Whoever's in charge of Pokemon must be acting like a real tightass. It pretty much makes them useless, honestly.

At least I have Palutena and Zero Suit Samus preorded, with next Saturday being their release date. Won't surprise me if they'll become rare.

Also, what's the deal with the term "Unicorn"? I've only seen TV Tropes use it, which makes me think they made it up. 
Plus it sounds so freaking stupid as there's the proper term: "scarce"

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - NICKtendo DS - 06-27-2015

Scarce means hard to get.
Unicorn means really hard to get.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - E-Man - 06-27-2015

As far as Amiibo go, I only have the Smash Bros. versions of Mario and Link and the "standard" version of Princess Peach. My parents got Mario and Link for me as Christmas presents, while my younger sister gave me Peach as a birthday present the moment she visited me from the states.

I'm not sure how you guys will react to this, but I'm more or less neutral about Amiibo collecting. Even though I don't like scalpers and feel little bad for you guys having trouble finding certain Amiibos, I'm not feeling any sense of urgency to collect these plastic figures. If I happen to be given a few, I'll take them without complaints; however, I won't actively seek specific ones unless they cause dramatic changes to the game besides giving characters alternate costumes. My guess as to why I'm not super devoted to collecting those things has to do with how I was a big collector of a lot of toy series in the past. I think I might have burned out my drive to collect specific trinkets and I already have to deal with the idea of filling my space with multiple toys I'm not going to use constantly anymore. I'm not complaining since it's good for me to not have another obsession in my life when it already has its fair share of them anyway.

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - Darky's Manifestation - 06-27-2015

i've got a bunch more ever since last time

[Image: C022vll.jpg]

[Image: ibIjcgW.jpg]

as you can see, still no shulk. friend of mine is trying to get me one though

[Image: fwLr57a.jpg]
still need to unpack these, i'll clean up my room soon and after that i'll place them somewhere

oh, - and of course my favorite of all
[Image: VcONC2w.jpg]

oh and this little gem

[Image: 11403135_895734663826366_467977396397134...e=56331FCB]

RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - E-Man - 06-27-2015

I know that I said that I'm not really interested in collecting Amiibos, but I certainly make an exception for the Yarn Yoshis due to my weakness for soft, adorable toys.  Shy

By the way, is that how large the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo is? I always pictured it to be small enough to fit well in the palm of your hand. It might be just you holding it close to the camera, but it looks like it's about the size of your head.