The VG Resource
Bowser Jr. - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Bowser Jr. (/thread-9185.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Bowser Jr. - Teddy The Elite - 10-29-2009

(10-29-2009, 03:25 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Better, but now the placement of his arm closest to us looks off.

I don't think so. I think it's fine, just as long as the animation has it move up and down in his idle stance.

RE: Bowser Jr. - Zern0 - 10-29-2009

I think nose is too big.

RE: Bowser Jr. - Devicho - 10-29-2009

WIP heads using the colors used for Bowser. I think I have whatever issue 1up has because I keep finding minor things that are making me not like this too much. Left in Mario, Bowser and the other Bowser Jr. sprites because I don't feel like making a separate file.
[Image: wipssbbowserjr.png]

RE: Bowser Jr. - Wes - 10-29-2009

Well Bowser and Jr. have different colors but until there's an official pallet I think the colors work pretty well. I think the shading on current Jr.'s body is really clustered and pillowy-looking.

RE: Bowser Jr. - Devicho - 10-29-2009

(10-29-2009, 06:01 PM)Wes Wrote: Well Bowser and Jr. have different colors but until there's an official pallet I think the colors work pretty well. I think the shading on current Jr.'s body is really clustered and pillowy-looking.
Yeah, Jr. has lighter colors on his head and stuff, but I kinda suck at making palettes so I just ran with what was available. It's not like it'll be horrific to edit, anyway. I'll get to a body later if I can get myself to like how it's turning out.

RE: Bowser Jr. - mutantyoshi - 10-29-2009

I fixed the color, and I also fixed the eyebrow. What do you think (above Bowser)

[Image: BJSSBB-5.png]

RE: Bowser Jr. - Kirbyfan - 11-01-2009

finally looks good.

RE: Bowser Jr. - Jdaster64 - 11-01-2009

I think he meant Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Also, I say "nay" on Shadow Mario, as there are enough transforming characters already. Perhaps for a Final Smash, but nothing else.

RE: Bowser Jr. - Rökkan - 11-01-2009

uuhhh I was thinking of a few concepts to Bowser Jr., maybe he could use moves based on his older brothers. After all, some characters has moves based upon other characters (Zelda for instance) as a reference to the series.
For instance, one of Bowser Jr.'s attacks might be a magical projectile with swirling geometrical shapes (like those of Kamek and some of his brothers), but instead of waving a magical wand to attack, he could wave his paintbrush. Or even summon a bouncy ball like Lemmy.

I suggest that the Clown Car would be his Final Smash instead of his Up+B. He'd ride the Clown Car, throwing Big Steelies and explosive Mecha-Koopas. The Big Steelies would roll to one side, but you could bash the ball with your Clown Car to make it bounce to the other side. You can't throw Mecha-Koopas while a Big Steelie is still on stage. You have to wait until it drops down the stage or to fade out.

RE: Bowser Jr. - Kitsu - 11-01-2009

For extra fun, Mecha-Koopas should be able to be picked up and thrown!

RE: Bowser Jr. - Ton - 11-01-2009

(11-01-2009, 10:54 PM)Rökkan Wrote: uuhhh I was thinking of a few concepts to Bowser Jr., maybe he could use moves based on his older brothers. After all, some characters has moves based upon other characters (Zelda for instance) as a reference to the series.
For instance, one of Bowser Jr.'s attacks might be a magical projectile with swirling geometrical shapes (like those of Kamek and some of his brothers), but instead of waving a magical wand to attack, he could wave his paintbrush. Or even summon a bouncy ball like Lemmy.

I suggest that the Clown Car would be his Final Smash instead of his Up+B. He'd ride the Clown Car, throwing Big Steelies and explosive Mecha-Koopas. The Big Steelies would roll to one side, but you could bash the ball with your Clown Car to make it bounce to the other side. You can't throw Mecha-Koopas while a Big Steelie is still on stage. You have to wait until it drops down the stage or to fade out.
That's more Bowser than Jr. I think the Doom Ship is a better idea.

RE: Bowser Jr. - Devicho - 11-02-2009

While we could use some of the Koopalings' attacks with Jr., I don't know if we'd really need to. Didn't Zelda get attacks from other characters mostly because she hadn't really done any fighting the the series before her Melee debut? (I honestly don't know; never was a massive Zelda fan.)

RE: Bowser Jr. - Ton - 11-02-2009

Yeah, she uses Link's goddess spells.

RE: Bowser Jr. - Rökkan - 11-02-2009

Okay then, other examples:
Ness and Lucas, both as far as I know, doesn't have any of those techniques they use as B attacks, none of their PSI/PK powers are offensive, just defensive and healing spells (therefore, they don't have PK Flash, PK Fire, PK Freeze and PK Thunder). And we all know that PK Starstorm is a technique from Poo and not Ness.
(but Earthbound fans feel free to correct my statement!)

Meta-Knight's entire moveset is based upon Kirby's abilities. Mach Tornado controls exactly like Kirby's Tornado ability, Meta-Knight's Up+B is from an attack from Kirby's Wing ability, Meta-Knight's normal attacks are from Kirby's Sword ability, and Meta-Knight's grab attacks are from Kirby's Suplex and Ninja abilities.

Now, I suggest that we use techniques derived from his brothers, not only as references to the series, that most charaters do have in their moveset, but also to create some variation on his attacks. Think about it, if we just base on Bowser Jr, pretty much the vast majority of his attacks will be about spilling rainbow-coloured blobs of ink, even though he has the Sonic Roar, and in NSMBWii, a smaller and cuter version of Bowser's Clown Car. It just doesn't really sound like a cool character to play as.

RE: Bowser Jr. - Ton - 11-02-2009

To be fair, a lot of Meta Knight's attacks are from Kirby Super Star.
But adding to Jr's arsenal could be fun. I just don't think giving him a magic wand is the way to go.