Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: Should Shadow Mario be implemented? (Feel free to explain why in a post.)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
54.24%
32 54.24%
No.
45.76%
27 45.76%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bowser Jr.
Well every character was eventually gonna get a topic and it's only appropriate that I make this one! I figure that while we try to nail down a style, we should try to get some moves together for the characters.

Feel free to post any move ideas here, so that we can all decide on a moveset that please everyone. I'll think of some stuff (Or, more appropriately, organize my ideas.) and post it here in a little bit.

Also, gonna add a poll here because I feel it's relevant enough and would make deciding a certain something easier.
Thanked by:
One of the main reasons I was against Jr for Brawl was because he hadn't really been fleshed out beyond Mario Sunshine and if that game was used as the basis, he'd be either a Mario Clone of a Bowser clone depending on his form. My personal idea for him was this;

-A shell attack similar to the Blue Shell power up in NSMB or Squirtle's Withdraw.
-Paint Brush used in some A-attacks, maybe a Bowser who is light and has better combo capabilities?
-Shoots fireballs like Ludwig in SMW instead of Bowser's Fire Breath stream.

I'm not sure what some other attacks could be, but in short, no I wouldn't implement it excapt MAYBE in his FS, though something like Mecha Bowser could be better, I think.
You're the Jr pro, though, so I'll let you decide and/or come up with stuff. Tongue
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Eh I didn't really want Bowser Jr. for the sake that there were too many Mario characters. But whatever.

As for Shadow Mario. I wouldn't like him to transom into a whole other character unless it was a temporary Final Smash form.

Also note that Bowser Jr. CAN'T breathe fire. (the most he can manage is a puff of smoke) Consider that guys when making his moveset.

Thanked by:
Really? I didn't know that about the smoke. I thought he could in NSMB...
Thanked by:
(09-22-2009, 12:04 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Really? I didn't know that about the smoke. I thought he could in NSMB...
Nope, the only time he's ever been seen attempting to do so was his away entrance in MSC, and all he managed there was just red smoke and a couple tiny flickers.
Thanked by:
Ah, ok. Maybe it can be a smash attack then. Tongue
Thanked by:
Maybe the down-air attack could be a minor version of the ground-pound? Kinda like Sonic's rocket-kick, but straight downwards instead.
Thanked by:
I got a few ideas down for some standard B moves!

B: Swings his paintbrush in front of him, which sends out three weak paintballs going in different directions that fade out after traveling a short distance. Hitting someone with the paintbrush directly does more damage than the paintballs can do. Pretty much his offensive shot from MPT.

B^: Okay here's where I'm not 100% sure. I have a couple ideas.

Idea one is him leaping up into the air, then slamming down shell first. Comparable to Kirby's B^.
Idea two is having him do a sort of teleport. Remember those "paint portals" from SMS that you used to travel to different levels? It's pretty much that, and could be compared to Zelda / Sheik's B^ moves. His will be able to travel a distance somewhere between those two, and the only way it can do damage is if someone were to get hit during the inital animation. (I was thinking him swinging his brush and kinda making one of those portal things in the air. You can be hit by the swinging brush if you're close enough but otherwise it's non-damaging.)

B>: Shell toss attack kinda like in NSMB. Holding B charges up the attack and makes him throw the shell harder and farther, while letting go without charging up causes the shell to go slowly along the ground. The shell disappears once it hits an obstacle, be it an opponent or part of the stage, and doesn't have nearly the power or knockback of the green shell item. (Going by Brawl standards.) Rarely, he can pull out the Bowser Shell from MKDD instead of a normal shell, which is faster and more powerful. (Maybe have it be half as likely as getting a Luigi misfire? I dunno about you guys but I get a shitton of those in Brawl.)

Bv: His Sonic Roar from MSC, perhaps? He lets out a screech, sending out soundwaves that damage anyone hit by them. If you're close enough to an opponent when using this move they may get that "poison" effect like they'd been hit with a Lip's Stick, or Jigglypuff's Rest in Brawl. (Effect is because the move in MSC shrinks people hit by it, but shrinking people with a standard attack seems a little cheap unless it were used as an FS, IMO.)

These are kinda just the most obvious ones that come to my head, so by all means nitpick at them or suggest alternatives.
Thanked by:
B^ could be a helicopter twirl of his paintbrush?

Thanked by:
Maybe when you attack with the Paint Brush with an AAA attack the third time you hit them that player gets sludge all over themselves and causes damage like the lipstick.
Thanked by:
Final Smash = last form from SMB2.

There's no move choices in Devicho's movelist that are referenced from either SMB2 or Yoshi's Story. Those games deserve some cred. Tongue
Thanked by:
Too many Mario characters. No to shadow Mario.

Im not sure about Baby Bowser either, but id play as him at least once.
Any noise annoys an oyster, but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
Thanked by:
(09-22-2009, 07:24 AM)Tyvon Wrote: Final Smash = last form from SMB2.

There's no move choices in Devicho's movelist that are referenced from either SMB2 or Yoshi's Story. Those games deserve some cred. Tongue

Bowser Jr. is not Baby Bowser
Thanked by:
they aren't?

god dammit nintendo learn how to make your characters look actually different : |
Thanked by:
And neither were in Super Mario Bros 2

or does SMB2 stand for something else, also?
Thanked by: