The VG Resource
Sonic Unleashed - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Sonic Unleashed (/thread-319.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Teeks - 07-17-2008

Why are you guys so completely negative about the Werehog? I loved Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and they both had more than just Sonic running real fucking fast. And unlike the weird platforming elements in Sonic 06 when you switch characters, the werehog segments actually look enjoyable. So have an open mind why don't ya?

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Eddo - 07-17-2008

I dislike the character, not the idea. The gameplay looks like a good Knuckles segment.

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Angelglory - 07-17-2008

I was skeptical of Werehog at first, but when I saw how he'll play, I was sold. I do enjoy beating up a horde of enemies. Even if it is with stretchy arms; reminds me of Ristar Heart

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Sho_"Rocker"_Daisuke - 07-17-2008

first off, could anybody post a link to some Werehog footage? or has it already been posted earlier on in this thread? Idk, I'm a little lazy to check right now

ANYWAYS, this is complete bullshit what these fans are saying, especially these people who keep complaining about the werehog adition. you haven't even played the damn game, so don't judge it just yet, you can say you don't think it's that well of an idea, but that's as far you can go being REASONABLE.

anyways, now that that's out of my system, I really think the werehog adition could fly or flunk, depending on SEGA will make it, unfortunately, some bad news, or good news, depending on how you look at it, is that the engine used for this game is going to be an already existing engine that SEGA developed, so unless it's a good engine, we might need to cross our fingers.

AND I SWEAR TO GOD, if I hear one more person saying they hope they have Ryan Drummond's voice as Sonic instead of Jason Griffith, I'm gonna rip their vocal chords right out

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Flare - 07-18-2008

Previous page I posted some links, one to an interview that has more hands on to the Werewolf, and the trailer which includes the werewolf is also posted a page back. But Ill stick them on the front page.

And I am loving the Werehog, it does follow the structure of the original Sonic 1:

Green Hill: Main path is speed: Normal Sonic Zone
Marble Zone : More platforming and slow pace : Werehog
Spring Yard : Back to the speed: Normal Sonic Zone
Labyrinth : More platforming and slow pace : Werehog
ect. ect.

Now Sega haven't destroyed Sonic, they have given him so much in this game:

1 Sonic is alone like many want, simular to Secret Rings
2 Fast 2D game play, fast 3D gameplay, platforming stages,
3 Stages are based on real world places but as usual have a twist and a colour pallete - ring a bell for anyone who has played a classic game.
4 Eggman looks cool and scary like SA1, instead of being stupid in titles such as Shadow, Heroes, ect.
5 The graphics look cool, the art design like I have said works, looks like Sonic now has a direction to go in.
6 Multiple paths, and time based attacks (the slow motion ones, they look really cool)
7 Sonic has some classic poses - He lies down for once in 3D.
8 He has a crouch button.
9 Controls are simple
10 No Camera Problems - Gaming sites have stated that the camera works.

Now your telling me game that has this is going to kill Sonic, people just stop overacting considering there is 10 good points vs what people consider a bad point:

1 Werehog.

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Goemar - 07-18-2008

The Werehog bits look like a bad version of Wario World, and that wasn't a great game.
And stretchy arms? This whole idea wasn't needed and I put my money on the table when I say that was soon as this game comes out only the die-hard Sonic fanboys (who claim Shadow's own game is good) will like this.

And no the werehog is not "1 point" if Mario Galaxy had unresponsive controls I wouldn't take a single point against it, I'd take them all.

RE: Sonic Unleashed - GaryCXJk - 07-18-2008

I've suddenly lost all hope on the hardcore gamer, and ironically, I've gotten more hope IN the hardcore developer.

This Sonic game will be awesome, no matter what you think of the Werehog. In my opinion, complaining about the werehog is a bit like complaining about the gripes of SSBB. They're there, they're annoying, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the game.

Although Coin Launcher can suck my balls. I hate that minigame.

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Rakia - 07-18-2008

Fuck you guys, Werehog is shit until I play this game.
Even then it'll probably be shit.

Raika > GaryCXJK

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Alpha Six - 07-18-2008

the least you could do is spell his name right

and come on guys, they look exactly the same as playing in knuckles in the adventures games

if you don't like the knuckles stages that's on you but if you do and you're hatin on THIS because it LOOKS different then you need to go back to sonic the hedgehog genesis because you won't develop as a gamer otherwise

MegaDrive Sonic kicked ass.

Sonic has not yet gone into 3D successfully in my own eyes. What 3D sonic games do people refer to as a classic? Simple: none. Mario 64 was a classic. Sonic Adventure was not.

Correction, you still won't develop as a gamer, since you're hating the werehog because you still think it looks different.

Seriously, I didn't want to go to the offending way, but you must be a true retard if you would think Sonic Unleashed will suck because of the werehog. The werehog is not something like Shadow the Hedgehog. It's not like you'll be playing as the werehog all the time.

I've actually seen the werehog in action in one of the trailers, and I didn't think it looked that bad. Sure, it's not something I'd want to be playing trough, but I suck at gaming, so I don't think I would be buying this game anyway, and that's completely out of the point.

What I'm trying to say is this.

Most of you are fucking conformists.

That's all I have to say about this issue.

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Rakia - 07-18-2008

No sega sucks now nintendo should buy them and then they will make better games

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Sonic Unleashed - Alpha Six - 07-18-2008

Sonic Heroes 2

Introducing the Mario team!!!!!!!!!!

mario - speed
peach - air
DK - power

its foolproof

DK technically isn't a Mario character anymore, and I think the Green Palette Swap is more appropriate as Power.