The VG Resource
Xbox One - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Xbox One (/thread-23109.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: Xbox One - SchAlternate - 06-14-2013

BUY XBOX ONE BEST CONSOLE EVER

RE: Xbox One - Rosencrantz - 06-14-2013

Haha wow I was actually kind of expecting some sort of big thing from Microsoft to try and completely turn around the bad rep that the XBO is getting. Which, you know, is sort of realistic, considering how they desperately needed to pull something huge to win everyone back.

And then I come back from vacation to see them almost literally commit suicide with this product pitch.

Yeah, I think I'm going to hop ship at this point; I wasn't really getting into this generation of games anyway, but I was at least hoping to see some cool things come from the XBO as a long-time fan. I just can't do that if they keep shooting themselves in the face with these decisions Sad

RE: Xbox One - [robo9] - 06-14-2013

http://imgur.com/fWpJY1n

It's like a NASCAR pile up. It keeps getting worse and worse, but I can't look away

RE: Xbox One - Gwen - 06-14-2013

Microsoft is purposely killing themselves, there can't be any other explanation
EDIT: Also one of the Devs for Titan Fall said it's defnitely possible that Titan Fall could reach the PS4, so it might just be a timed exclusive, and honestly it's very believable considering that it's under EA, and the fact that many "Exlusive" games for Microsoft end up going multi platform ala Bioshock, Mass Effect.
I mean if not, there's still always the 360, but I might just have to wait and see how the dominoes fall for this game, because if I could play it on the PS4 I'd just wait to get it as opposed to settling for the 360 version.

RE: Xbox One - BullockDS - 06-15-2013

(06-14-2013, 11:13 PM)[robo9•2] Wrote: http://imgur.com/fWpJY1n

It's like a NASCAR pile up. It keeps getting worse and worse, but I can't look away
[Image: jARnYy6.jpg]

RE: Xbox One - Koh - 06-15-2013

(06-14-2013, 11:13 PM)[robo9•2] Wrote: http://imgur.com/fWpJY1n

You know, I can understand you not having access to ONLINE FEATURES because your account is banned, but not being able to buy things you bought? That's like...you just bought groceries from a store. You take a trip back, accidentally knocking over all the pickle jars and causing a mess, so they ban you from the store until further notice. While they do this, they raid your house for any groceries you purchased from them before.

RE: Xbox One - Iceman404 - 06-17-2013

Maybe if Microsoft keeps digging themselves deeper they'll find some gold at the end of the mine? :V

or magma.

RE: Xbox One - Ryan914 - 06-17-2013

This BS is why Microsoft is in the pits now. The only saving grace they have are the people who are interested in:

* Sports games
* Games based off of movies
* FPS games

Oh wait, that's 360's fanbase now!

Seriously, no innovation, just failure at every turn.

RE: Xbox One - Gwen - 06-17-2013

Um.. FPS games can be incredibly innovative as well... Just saying

(06-17-2013, 03:43 PM)Dream Fortress Wrote: Um.. FPS games can be incredibly innovative as well... Just saying

It's not that, it's all the fratbros that overhype it, much like the sports games and the like. Even though that may be a big market now, who knows when it will die out, then what? What will Microsoft fall back on once it's key demographic goes? Hence why I am saying that there is no innovation as there is nothing new being introduced and it's relying on the same tactics as the preceding system. The Developers may continue to make the same games of the genres as they always have been, but if that's all that the X Box One will have then it will have trouble as time goes on.

This also applies to the Wii U and PS4 too. It's all about the demographic, who is more likely to buy the game, and is does it have replay value? Sure a developer can belt out another game a year or so later to make more cash riding off the success of the previous title (Any Madden, NBA, etc. Game). However a game that has re-playability may not get money immediately but in the long term attracts a solid base that will last for a long time. It even increases chances of people buying other games made on that platform and supports the developers at the same time. I know this sounds like I am copying and pasting quotes from a link earlier in the thread, but if one thinks about it. If the developers and creators treat their customers as people and give them a product that will last, it encourages them to buy more of the range of products or when the new big thing they develop or create is released.

Titan Fall wants to talk to you. Many GREAT FPS's have cone out in the past few years each introducing new things, not like thats going to suddenly stop. Also it's not like that's all Microsoft is doing, and I say that as a guy in the PS4 camp

I am not saying that, it's ultimately about the overhyping, and how people quickly will lose interest. Look at the Sports games being churned out year after year, no new mechanics, just prettier graphics, a new roster, and slightly adjusted physics. People may still be buying them and the company makes money but may soon lose it's base which made it strong, which means losses in the future. The customer is an investment. Something which the X Box One will not prove to them that the customer is as it treats the consumer as a commodity because of the DRM Protection it has.

Like an earlier example in the thread about someone mentioning the Grocery store and being banned and then your recently purchased goods taken as well.

It's not about the game developers at all it's the small audience which will prevent the company from making some solid money and further advancement.

Look at some other consoles, they had something for everyone to get into, and that made them successful during the console's run. (NES, Genesis, SNES, Dreamcast, N64, Playstation, and Playstation 2) Each of their libraries had a multitude of games which captivated numerous people and made them want to get more games for the console and leading the developers to push for multi platform gaming.

Targeting a small audience does not assure a successful system. The DRM protection hampers that even further as it takes the product they spent THEIR money on, away from them, discouraging people from buying the system.

RE: Xbox One - Koh - 06-17-2013

(06-17-2013, 04:57 PM)Ryan914 Wrote:
(06-17-2013, 03:43 PM)Dream Fortress Wrote: Um.. FPS games can be incredibly innovative as well... Just saying

It's not that, it's all the fratbros that overhype it, much like the sports games and the like. Even though that may be a big market now, who knows when it will die out, then what? What will Microsoft fall back on once it's key demographic goes? Hence why I am saying that there is no innovation as there is nothing new being introduced and it's relying on the same tactics as the preceding system. The Developers may continue to make the same games of the genres as they always have been, but if that's all that the X Box One will have then it will have trouble as time goes on.

This also applies to the Wii U and PS4 too. It's all about the demographic, who is more likely to buy the game, and is does it have replay value? Sure a developer can belt out another game a year or so later to make more cash riding off the success of the previous title (Any Madden, NBA, etc. Game). However a game that has re-playability may not get money immediately but in the long term attracts a solid base that will last for a long time. It even increases chances of people buying other games made on that platform and supports the developers at the same time. I know this sounds like I am copying and pasting quotes from a link earlier in the thread, but if one thinks about it. If the developers and creators treat their customers as people and give them a product that will last, it encourages them to buy more of the range of products or when the new big thing they develop or create is released.
I agree~ The genre sort of plays a role in it all though. For example...Terraria. I love that game, and look forward to the massive update coming soon. But as of right now, I have over 500 hours put into the game. That's the most time I've put into any game ever, and over 10 times the amount I've put in any professional licensed game. As long as the game gives you reasons to come back, you'll come back.

RE: Xbox One - Helmo - 06-17-2013

Crimson Dragon is such a tragedy

Kinect? Xbox One? Why is the spiritual sequel to this godly series on this turdsicle

Well if the Kinect's as improved as they're toting it to be, I honestly don't see the problem.
I feel like everyone's honing in on the shitty policies and letting that seep into their opinions on Microsoft's game front, which actually still looks pretty good.