Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
Xbox One
Xbox One information

Release date: November 2013

Price: Five hundred US dollars. Or five hundred Euros/ four hundred and twenty nine pounds if you're living in yurop.

Specs: Worse than the PS4's.

Other:
-Requires an internet connection, or the console will not function. Console must connect to the internet once to function.
-Requires an Xbox Live subscription. If you don't pay up, the console will not function. Xbox One XBL service is now optional.
-Requires kinect, which is bundled with the thing. Without the kinect attached, the console will not function. (Still true)
-Kinect will spy on you. Covering the sensor or otherwise tampering with it will cause the console to not function. (Still true)
-The console will now include a free headset! Woo!

[Image: chrome-2013-05-21-10-07-12-16.jpg]
[Image: vyX0F19.jpg]
[Image: ZIzsSej.png]
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

...Hm.
Thanked by:
VHS feelings
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
I like the sharp edges, much better than the oddly shaped half curve half edges 360.

As a Comcast customer the live tv stuff sounded really fun. It would be cool if I never had to switch between video games and tv again, and just turned on my Xbox when I wanted tv OR games.

Yeah, a lot of this stuff is hated on by buttmad kids, go get a wiiu if media focus makes you that enraged. I think it sounds wicked.
[Image: Rrr4r.jpg]
Thanked by: Gwen, Mag, Rosencrantz
It's too bad I don't like sports games.
Thanked by: Koopaul, Maxpphire
Ugly controller
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Maxpphire
If X-Box One is 1, than 360 is 0 (it makes sense in that both are circles) and the original X-Box is -1.
They should've asked Sony to learn them to count. They were the first ones to call their console One, not to mention it was one of their first generation models.
One sounds cool, but they're 2 consoles late and when I say X-Box One, it might be confusing for the other whether I'm talking about the first or third console. I don't know if there is a deeper meaning to the name One, but either way, in my opinion, it's bad. I'm not saying Wii U is a great name, by the way.
I don't care much for the console itself. The library of games for the previous two consoles didn't appeal to me enough to get the console and I doubt this one's will. I did buy the first X-Box on the blackmarket, but for a little over year now it's the only console not near my TV.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:
It looks visually alright but they're not going to be supporting pre-owned games, which gives me all the less reason to care. Wii U is still the only console I want right now.
looks like it's PS4/PC/3DS this generation, huh
well i don't really care about the ps4 don't like the design honstly, already have a 3DS, Wii U and Pc so i am good this generation, also i agree bad move not being able to use pre-owned games on the Xbox One also i see this being the last generation where Microsoft makes a game system next gen after will probably just be Nintendo vs Sony -.-
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by:
You got to pay to play used games? So you can't take your game, bring it to a friend's house, and play it there? Too boot, no backward compatability?

Well, the only reason I have a 360 was because it was free. Well, no need to get this.
[Image: okwksDc.png]
Thanked by:
(05-21-2013, 02:14 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: I don't know if there is a deeper meaning to the name One, but either way, in my opinion, it's bad.

It seems they're marketing it as One single system that does everything. Besides the usual games and movies, they're promising other media options, apparently it'll be running a version of the windows OS as well. So, it's more akin to a pc/media device than a normal dedicated games console.
I hear Gameloft is porting their card game app to the new Xbox but they're having trouble getting developers because they're really wanting a new Employer ID Number from the IRS.

They're ichi to get an EIN to port Uno to the One...
(05-21-2013, 02:58 PM)AkumaTh Wrote: Too boot, no backward compatability?

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that you'll be able to play 360 games on the One

...by buying an attachment (similar to the HD-DVD attachment for the 360) that's essentially a 360 in a box that connects to the One.

In other words, save your money and keep your 360 if you want to play 360 games.
Thanked by:
I hate everything so far

I already bought a 3DS though... too bad there's nothing I want for it
Thanked by:
(05-21-2013, 03:20 PM)Sengir Wrote: They're ichi to get an EIN to port Uno to the One...

That was quite a stretch for a pun

kudos

also this is like every other game system; ill probably buy one at some point, it doesn't really matter to me about the fine details of the console. As long as good games are on it, i'll want to play it eventually
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: