The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Sol - 11-08-2009

Gary, no one said he couldn't be small, just a bit bigger than he is in Brawl, as that's not really a size a playable character can be. Kirby's size would work well.

I'm not entirely against forgetting about Ray. I guess I'm just in two debates at the same time, one that Ray could work as a character, and one that more characters from unrepresented series should be on the roster, haha. The latter is more important.

Wikipedia has one of those topic boxes for "Nintendo Franchises," and these are all the franchises listed under it:

1080° Snowboarding • Animal Crossing • Art Style • Balloon Fight • Big Brain Academy • Chibi-Robo! • Custom Robo • Donkey Kong • EarthBound • Excitebike • Fire Emblem • F-Zero • Famicom Tantei Club • Game & Watch • Golden Sun • Kid Icarus • Kirby • The Legendary Starfy • The Legend of Zelda • Magical Starsign • Mario • Metroid • Nintendogs • Pikmin • Pokémon • Punch-Out!! • Puzzle League • Star Fox • StarTropics • Super Smash Bros. • Wario • Wars • Wave Race • Wii • Yoshi

Taking out franchises that already have characters:

1080° Snowboarding • Animal Crossing • Art Style • Balloon Fight • Big Brain Academy • Chibi-Robo! • Custom Robo • Excitebike • Famicom Tantei Club • Golden Sun • Magical Starsign • Nintendogs • Puzzle League • StarTropics • Wars • Wave Race • Wii

Some of these obviously don't have characters that could work, but there are at least some strong potential character choices. These in particular appeal to me:

Animal Crossing - Villager
Custom Robo - Ray Mk-III
Golden Sun - Issac
Puzzle League - Lip
Wars - Andy

These are just my suggestions, though. Other people might find that there are some others from that list that could be used effectively.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - JoseFran - 11-08-2009

(11-08-2009, 02:13 PM)Sol Wrote: 1080° Snowboarding • Animal Crossing • Art Style • Balloon Fight • Big Brain Academy • Chibi-Robo! • Custom Robo • Excitebike • Famicom Tantei Club • Golden Sun • Magical Starsign • Nintendogs • Puzzle League • StarTropics • Wars • Wave Race • Wii

Animal Crossing - Villager
Custom Robo - Ray Mk-III
Golden Sun - Issac
Puzzle League - Lip
Wars - Andy

Isaac has already been in the roster, I think.

I don't know why the people aren't like AC Villager as playable charactar, maybe it can be so fun with the villager throwing things. -But really is too difficult to do an awesome moveset...-

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Rökkan - 11-08-2009

Also, just to remind, a Custom Robo has these parts:

Gun (he has a gun that he can use it to fire projectiles)
Bomb (on his other arm, he has a gun that fires bomb)
Pod (his pod behind him can shoot a trap)
Boots (defines his second jump and running speed)
The Robot itself (each robot has a special attack, Ray MK-II as I remember, was some sort of powerful dash that instantly takes out the other robot or something like that, idk about Ray MK-III because when I was playing Custom Robo DS, I got stuck RIGHT AT THE BATTLE AGAINST THAT MOFO)

We have enough attacks to create a B moveset and more. Plus the fact that the robot is customizable could also grant even more variety to the moveset.

Also, again, Mike Jones. His main weapon is a Yo-Yo, but he also have a laser gun, a baseball, a bat, a whip-thing with iron balls at its ends, a slingshot, and a reflective mirror. He has a lot of weapons, and he'd be the only character non-released on Japan.

And for a Famicom Wars/Advance Wars character, I recommend a Soldier, using battle animations and other units and other units' weapons as his attacks.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Solink - 11-08-2009

(11-08-2009, 04:15 PM)Rökkan Wrote: Also, again, Mike Jones. His main weapon is a Yo-Yo, but he also have a laser gun, a baseball, a bat, a whip-thing with iron balls at its ends, a slingshot, and a reflective mirror. He has a lot of weapons, and he'd be the only character non-released on Japan.
Yes. Mike Jones would be ****ing awesome to play as

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Koopaul - 11-08-2009

(11-08-2009, 01:52 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: What I meant to get across was that I don't know anything about Ray. What does he do?

No offense Tonberry but this is why I don't think you're the best at deciding a roster. You just don't know enough about Nintendo. There needs to be a group of people with an extreme knowledge on this stuff. Even more than me!

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - GaryCXJk - 11-08-2009

That's pretty much bullshit, not everybody knows everything about anything. You'd have to have no life if you want to know everything about Nintendo.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ninspriterx - 11-08-2009

So that 3rd party list is pretty damn slick if I may say so myself.

(in the "so.." topic)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Sol - 11-08-2009

(11-08-2009, 06:17 PM)koopaul Wrote:
(11-08-2009, 01:52 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: What I meant to get across was that I don't know anything about Ray. What does he do?

No offense Tonberry but this is why I don't think you're the best at deciding a roster. You just don't know enough about Nintendo. There needs to be a group of people with an extreme knowledge on this stuff. Even more than me!

Hahaha, they shall be called the NINTENDITES, and all fanboys with petty arguments will forever submit to their will.

Seriously though, we don't exactly need people who are insane-familiar with all Nintendo stuff, we just need to be able to work together. A bunch of people who know some stuff about different Nintendo franchises can put together an appealing roster.

If Ton doesn't know about a certain series, and someone puts forward a character from that series, he should ask people who are familiar with it who can say "yeah, this works" Not just go "Well I don't know about that guy, so take him off of the roster"

Edit: And yeah, I'm really liking the 3rd party list Solink suggested.

Yes but I feel that it makes people a little biased. Ton knows more about Mother I suppose than he does franchise B. So therefor he puts four characters in.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-08-2009

Hey, I never played a Golden sun and I'm all about Isaac, so...

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - tsr moderation staff - 11-08-2009

GUYS

WHAT THE HELL GUYS
i leave for one weekend and the entire roster changes

Um what else is new wahaha!

Sorry to double post but I got! I got it! A (first party) roster that has everything Tonberry wanted (sans Pichu) and the others that we wanted: Like Saki, Isaac, Ray MK, Goroh...

Behold!

[Image: almostperfect.png]

I left the third parties like that for now. But look! There is still an empty slot for another character! Whaddya think? It comes down to 50 first party characters #? third parties.

I left Roy a mystery whether we decided to replace him or keep him.

Go ahead and flame me for Goroh but I coulda sworn I had a few people back me up on him... Shawn?

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-09-2009

*flames you for Goroh, per usual*
Make up your own insult this time. I'm about out. I'm sure Teeks can think of something to say.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - A.J. Nitro - 11-09-2009

Animal Crosser please.