The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - JoseFran - 11-07-2009

The only thing that I don't like about Pokémon Characters is the characters. There are four Kanto Pokémon and one from Sinnoh. What's about Johto and Hoenn?

But it is a stuppid thing, why? because Pikachu are the main pokémon, Jigglypuff... really the same, Mewtwo is the main pokévillain, and Pkmn Trainer is god...

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Koopaul - 11-07-2009

(11-07-2009, 04:34 PM)Ekoi Wrote: Stop using DLC as a crutch and make the game good from the start.

Well then no one will ever be happy.

The advantage we have from other Smash Bros. games is that we CAN add new characters.

People can send in their complaints and suggestions and we can improve it. If we just release it once and stop there there's no telling how flawed the game is, how much people (and not just on these forums) are going to bitch about the roster.

This way we can see those problems address them and improve! This new content thing is our edge, people are going to be hooked and excited to know what's new coming out.

Imagine how much people would have loved it if Sakurai released new content you could download?

There's no such thing as a perfect roster, and there's no such thing as a perfect life form. But that's why life forms evolve, they continue to change and grow and better themselves.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kairos - 11-07-2009

I didn't read all of your post but

We never said we wouldn't add DLC

We just said shut the fuck up about it right now and worry about the current goddamn roster

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Koopaul - 11-07-2009

Well I'm just saying there's no way we can make the roster perfect ever.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - GaryCXJk - 11-08-2009

koopaul, let me remind you that it really isn't your project per se. Now I'm not saying Ton is a god, because he apparently isn't, but he at least has a fairly good understanding of what he envisions this project to be, and I'm fairly sure he knows what works and what not. Also, as far as it stands now, Ton still has a supervising, perhaps even a directing role here, so as it now stands, even though we all have a lot of say in this project, the ultimate call is his. If he says no to something, you better come up with a damn good reason why you are right, and in my honest opinion, DLC is not a damn reason why we should boot Roy or any other character you want to boot.

And I'm goddamn pretty well sure everybody except you wants the Masked Man.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Alpha Six - 11-08-2009

I don't care for the Masked Man, especially since EB is getting TWO new reps :V

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Sol - 11-08-2009

(11-08-2009, 12:12 AM)GaryCXJk Wrote: koopaul, let me remind you that it really isn't your project per se. Now I'm not saying Ton is a god, because he apparently isn't, but he at least has a fairly good understanding of what he envisions this project to be, and I'm fairly sure he knows what works and what not. Also, as far as it stands now, Ton still has a supervising, perhaps even a directing role here, so as it now stands, even though we all have a lot of say in this project, the ultimate call is his. If he says no to something, you better come up with a damn good reason why you are right, and in my honest opinion, DLC is not a damn reason why we should boot Roy or any other character you want to boot.

And I'm goddamn pretty well sure everybody except you wants the Masked Man.

Actually, he isn't the only one, I don't really want him in the roster either. Him being a character is a little contradictory on Ton's part, as he said:

(11-07-2009, 11:39 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I'd rather put in someone we recognize than Japan does.

And yet Masked Man is from a Japan-only game, and doesn't even appear until the end of the fifth chapter of said game.

I've never played Mother 3, but I know the general story, and (SPOILERS) the events of the game are orchestrated by Porky, including the Masked Man's creation and his actions, which I think makes him as much the chief villain of that game as Masked Man, even if it's an unseen role. I'm not saying Masked Man isn't an important character in Mother 3, nor am I saying that he wouldn't work as a character, but there are more notable Nintendo characters that could be in the roster in his place. People want to take out other characters for this same reason.

Using Ray as an example:

Games in the Mother series: 3. International releases? 1.
Games in the Custom Robo series: 5. International releases? 2.

Is an NPC character from a Japan only game more important than the poster character of a series with two internationally available games? The number of just the Custom Robo games available in America is only one less than the entire Mother series.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Bazzoka - 11-08-2009

I had something else I wanted to say but changed my mind. Instead I'll say I'm either way for Dixie and Masked Man and couldn't care less if they were in or out of the roster.

I would say something about Jill, but reason is telling me to shut up about it for now.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-08-2009

What I meant to get across was that I don't know anything about Ray. What does he do?

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Shawn - 11-08-2009

(11-08-2009, 01:52 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: What I meant to get across was that I don't know anything about Ray. What does he do?

Ray MK III was an Assist in Brawl and iirc, he showed the ability to fly, use guns and throw bombs.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - GaryCXJk - 11-08-2009

Yes, but can you think up at least eight moves for him that are also canonical?

I mean, so far almost every character in the Super Smash Bros. series used moves that in some way showed up in the games.

Also, Citizen has been in more international games than Ray.

I mean:

Games in Animal Crossing series: 4. International releases? 3.

And Birdo has been in far more releases than Ray, yet Birdo didn't even occur to anyone's mind. Captain Syrup has been in more games even!

If there is ANYONE more deserving, then it's Captain Syrup. I'd rather have Captain Maple Syrup before Ray.

Just in case you didn't know:

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Wario Land II
Wario Land: Shake It!

Three games, all in international releases.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kitsu - 11-08-2009

(11-08-2009, 10:36 AM)GaryCXJk Wrote: And Birdo has been in far more releases than Ray, yet Birdo didn't even occur to anyone's mind. Captain Syrup has been in more games even!

Birdo!? It isn't even that important in the Mario series, so of course no one (except its fans) would even think of Birdo.

Captain Syrup could be interesting. I'm guessing many of her moves might rely on that genie in first 2 games. However, I've not played any of the games with her in it, so I don't really know what else she would do.
EDIT: Though, isn't Syrup in only 3 games?

I'm in the same situation with Ray. I've not played any Custom Robo (though it looks interesting), so I don't really know what most of his move could be. He does have the added bonus of not yet being represented, though.

Also, just yesterday, I played through Drill Dozer. I'd say it was a good game, but I'm not sure Jill is that important to Nintendo (plus the game apparently didn't sell too well...). The things she does have going for her are drills (DRILLS), and the fact that she's female. I guess you could say she'd be the first loli in Smash... But really, she should probably stick to an AT for now.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ninspriterx - 11-08-2009

So how about that Neku?
Hell, with all those pins he has his move-set will be a breeze. Plus TWEWY was like one of the most (if not the most) kick-ass game on the DS.

HEY SOMEONE NOTICE MY SUGGESTION THIS TIME

I will now get past posts of me suggesting Neku just for the hell of it.

(11-06-2009, 07:53 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: I think Neku from The World Ends with You is better to represent Square than Sora. (wait, a Choboco?! Sora and Neku [I always wanted to see them dish-out at eachother].)

(11-06-2009, 10:48 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: [Image: 6a00d41433937a6a4700fad69dab3a0005-500pi]
"WHAT THE HELL!"

Neku to represent Square Enix.

edit: lol, he wears a sleeveless hoodie.. backwards.

(11-07-2009, 11:59 AM)ninspriterx Wrote: I want fucking Neku Sakuraba to fucking represent the fuck out of Square Enix.
And where the hell is Travis Touchdown?!

I hate all of you!

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Shawn - 11-08-2009

he wouldnt be good for ssb AT ALL

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ninspriterx - 11-08-2009

NIGGA PLEASE
you just want your damn choboco >:[