The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ark Kuvis - 11-07-2009

I thought we all agreed it was either drop Roy and add Heroes of Elibe (Eliwood, Hector, Lyn fighting as one) or just drop Roy and add someone awesome like Samurai Goroh or Slim Blue Wario.

With Pichu off the roster, Roy is dead space ffs.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kairos - 11-07-2009

Geno is still third party.

I do love Geno, I just don't see it fair if he gets in, and another Square character does.

EDIT: On that note, I still think Geno should be replaced with Black Mage or hell, even Chocobo.

Geno is overhyped imo.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - GaryCXJk - 11-07-2009

(11-07-2009, 07:56 AM)Mr.Bland Wrote: Geno is still third party.

I do love Geno, I just don't see it fair if he gets in, and another Square character does.

I actually agree more with this than with the suggestions to completely replace Roy or the Masked Man. In fact, it would fill up the third party slot just nicely while opening that slot up for one of the other suggested characters.

Also, koopaul, since when did they ever decide on DLC or adding new characters after release? It's not like Game Maker or MMFusion are that flexible, and it's not that my own game engine would come anytime soon.

The roster is almost fine as it is, all character choices have been thought out carefully over the years. I only think the Geno issue should be resolved in this one, since people are right about him.

And I think no more than four third party characters should be enough, otherwise it should be complemented with even more first-party characters to even it out, which would be hell to do.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kitsu - 11-07-2009

The current engine is made in Flash, though. I'm guessing that it's capable of DLC.

As for coming up with more 1st-party characters, that's not really that hard; the hard part is agreeing on which ones.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-07-2009

I don't buy the whole "Mother has too many characters" argument for one huge reason; Each game only has 2 characters. If the playable characters were Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo, I'd understand. Four from one game. But we've essentially got the main character and the villain from two latter games in the series.
Ray can be cut. I don't really care for him and I don't know what he can do. Honestly, I don't know anything/care about Saki either. I'd rather put in someone we recognize than Japan does. Who was winning in the poll after Isaac?
As for Roy, I still want to do my best to keep the past cut Smash characters in. You guys win with Pichu, but Roy at least could be used decently.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ninspriterx - 11-07-2009

I want fucking Neku Sakuraba to fucking represent the fuck out of Square Enix.
And where the hell is Travis Touchdown?!

I hate all of you!

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Rökkan - 11-07-2009

(11-07-2009, 11:39 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Ray can be cut. I don't really care for him and I don't know what he can do. Honestly, I don't know anything/care about Saki either. I'd rather put in someone we recognize than Japan does. Who was winning in the poll after Isaac?

oh right, because there was no Custom Robo game released outside of Japan, and there wasn't a Custom Robo game for the Gamecube that was very popular outside Japan, nope, not at all. Even though he'd have a better moveset than most of the characters we're adding like K.Rool and Dixie. Saki or Isa I don't care much, even though it would still be a good addition, but Ray has to be in.

also, if you want a character that we regconize but Japan doesn't, put Mike Jones. It's the third or fourth time I'm saying this, but he has a wide array of weapons, and was already in 3 "roster lists" people created.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kairos - 11-07-2009

(11-07-2009, 11:39 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I'd rather put in someone we recognize than Japan does. Who was winning in the poll after Isaac?

Captain Rainbow

hahaha

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Rökkan - 11-07-2009

(11-07-2009, 02:00 PM)Mr.Bland Wrote:
(11-07-2009, 11:39 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I'd rather put in someone we recognize than Japan does. Who was winning in the poll after Isaac?

Captain Rainbow

hahaha

I did this same laugh, but really loud.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ark Kuvis - 11-07-2009

(11-07-2009, 11:39 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: As for Roy, I still want to do my best to keep the past cut Smash characters in. You guys win with Pichu, but Roy at least could be used decently.

Proof. Give me some proof.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Wes - 11-07-2009

(11-07-2009, 11:39 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: I don't buy the whole "Mother has too many characters" argument for one huge reason; Each game only has 2 characters. If the playable characters were Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo, I'd understand. Four from one game. But we've essentially got the main character and the villain from two latter games in the series.
Ray can be cut. I don't really care for him and I don't know what he can do. Honestly, I don't know anything/care about Saki either. I'd rather put in someone we recognize than Japan does. Who was winning in the poll after Isaac?
As for Roy, I still want to do my best to keep the past cut Smash characters in. You guys win with Pichu, but Roy at least could be used decently.
Someone from outside of Japan? That's why we're using TWO characters from ONE game that was Japan-only (Mother 3). I know its the hero-villain of both games, but theres more characters than there are games in the series. I know the games are somewhat popular, but if it weren't for Lucas being in Brawl, I would say the series is only worthy of 1 rep total. If its absolutely necessary to have one Mother villain in, make it Porky. He was a villain in both Earthbound and Mother 3.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Alpha Six - 11-07-2009

(11-07-2009, 02:34 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote:
(11-07-2009, 11:39 AM)Tonberry2k Wrote: As for Roy, I still want to do my best to keep the past cut Smash characters in. You guys win with Pichu, but Roy at least could be used decently.

Proof. Give me some proof.
By giving him a new or updated movelist, like they did with Falco, and like I suggested in the Tweaks thread like a month ago.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Koopaul - 11-07-2009

@Gary:

If not DLC we can have them added via updates.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ekoi - 11-07-2009

Stop using DLC as a crutch and make the game good from the start.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - GaryCXJk - 11-07-2009

And really, it's always the first impressions of the game. The MUGEN full game Marvel vs Capcom: End of Heroes didn't rerelease with new characters, because they felt that the game should be good from the very start, not by adding characters people want so badly in. Protip: A bad game is a game that relies on updates after it has been released when it really should have had these updates from the start.

Also, Ton never said anything about Ray not being in because he was Japan-only, which is bullshit because he wasn't Japan only. However, he did say that Ray had a limited moveset. I mean, if you can think up at least eight moves for him Ton *might* reconsider, but as it stands, it's not likely. So in that opinion even a Sukapon could stand a better chance.

Lastly, the issue about four Mother characters, as well as Roy. There are two from a game at least the States has (and it didn't even get released in Europe as far as I can remember), one character everybody is familiar with, and only one character only Japanese people know of. Only four characters.

And I agree that Roy needs to stay, simply because of the fact that him being cut out wasn't really all that necessary, while Falco AND Wolf were too similar to Fox still.