The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Shawn - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 03:05 PM)Mr.Bland Wrote: I still say Cless Alvin or Lloyd Irving for the Namco rep.
i think siegfried/ nightmare would be the best choice but theyre so damn serious and grimdark.

cless would be fuck yeah but im sure asbel from the new tales game would be a possible choice too though.

and lloyd is more popular Cutec

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kairos - 11-05-2009

Yeah I thought about Asbel, but his game isn't even out, but he'd be a great addition imo.

Also Travis Touchdown for last third party.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Alpha Six - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 05:47 PM)Mr.Bland Wrote: Travis Touchdown for last third party.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ekoi - 11-05-2009

Is it even possible to make all of his smacktalk E-rated?

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Shawn - 11-05-2009

FUNKHEADS

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Alpha Six - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 06:13 PM)Ekoi Wrote: Is it even possible to make all of his smacktalk E-rated?
Sir Mario Motherflipper over here

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - MaverickETC - 11-05-2009

-I seen Deoxys in this thread somewhere. I totally support that Genki ^_^, even if it means replacing Pichu Cry

-I've done a bit of thinking: If this "No 3rd party series shouldn't have more than 1 character of the same series" thing really does come into play, and I'd really rather have Billy Hatcher as playable, as opposed to Tails being replaced by Knuckles (I'm sorry, but it just doesn't seem right. I know Nintendo wouldn't of done something like that <=/).

-I think we should go ahead and fill in Simon Belmont for the Konami spot. I have yet to see arguments against it Genki ^_^.

-Since Dixie & Kiddie are gone, maybe we could use Gameboy or Saki? =)

-I support Issac in place of the last FE character Genki ^_^

-I have no clue who the last 3rd party should be, but I most certainly disagree on a Soul Caliber character. I think I remember "Too Many Sword-Users" somewhere....All I can give is Klonoa for Namco...?

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Sol - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 05:16 PM)Teeks Wrote: Let's just make the cast the characters from Brawl and then everyone can stop bitching!

Oh but then you'd bitch about no new characters.

There's no winning. This topic goes no where.

Except bitching about no new characters would be completely valid. If that was the case, people wouldn't play this game when they could just play Brawl. The game would be a 2D rehash.

And no winning isn't true, either. Obviously a lot of people have different opinions and constantly debating over the roster can get tiring, but it's a really important thing, and it can definitely be improved.

I'm agreeing with Shawn for the most part. For now, get rid of Roy, Pichu, Masked Man, Gooey and Geno, and don't add another FE character. I didn't really have too big of a problem with K. Rool, Krystal, or Ridley, but it might end up being a good idea to consider dropping them from the roster after all. There should be more characters from series that haven't been represented yet.

A personal suggestion from me; Maybe Andy from Advance Wars?

Also, Travis Touchdown as a character would be verrrry awesome. Although a small part of me feels like he wouldn't be a good character choice, No More Heroes as a series is actually exclusive to Nintendo, so he could be considered an appropriate choice.

(Also Ekoi, I would assume that if he was a character, his M-rated dialogue would simply be left out. He does sometimes say things that aren't laden with swears, haha.)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-05-2009

So... get rid of almost every character we've added?

I see no reason to remove Geno due to the fact that the fanbase for him is highly notable.

Seeing as this game isn't just for us, we need to consider the target audience a bit more.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Wes - 11-05-2009

But we're replacing most of them. Pichu in favor of Deoxys (although I'd rather have Pichu stay), Roy for that 3-character dealio, and everyone else dropped could be replaced with another first-party rep from their own series. I mean, right now we're only adding two new 1st party series. That's not very much. Isaac, Saki, Sukapon, Ray 01, Captain Rainbow, and Gameboy were all considered at one point. I think many people here and around the internet would rather have them than Gooey, Geno, or Masked Man.

Brawl only added Olimar, Pit, and ROB.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Sol - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 06:23 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: So... get rid of almost every character we've added?

Well, if you don't end up including the "maybe" characters, (Ridley, K. Rool, Krystal) out of the 8 new characters on the current roster, it's only dropping around 3; less than half. But if you do include them, then yes, get rid of almost every new character that was added. It's not like anyone has already poured a ton of work (if any) into making these characters aside from Gooey, who would have to be resprited in the new style anyway.

Also, Ekoi; Is Geno's fanbase larger than the one of a character that would replace him? Is it large enough to extend the amount of Mario characters to 8?

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 06:45 PM)Ekoi Wrote: Brawl only added Olimar, Pit, and ROB.

Um. Dedede, Meta Knight, Diddy, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Sonic, Snake, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Lucas, Wolf, Toon Link

He said new first-parties, Ton, not new characters in general. <w<;