The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Rökkan - 11-05-2009

Chameleon Twist isn't a Nintendo game. It was developed by Sunsoft, it'd be a third-party game.

About Ridley, I just don't see it fitting. I can't see Ridley grabbing a beamsword, being thrown off the stage, going through Target Smashes, or running in pain around spewing fire because of a burning hot curry, or doing all sorts of wacky and comical things that playable characters in Smash Bros does. He's just this serious monster-thing, he's meant to be a serious boss, not a playable character. What's with this necessity of having two or three characters just because a series is big? F-Zero is a great series, but yet Captain Falcon has always been enough to represent it alone.

We need characters from other series, it's a shame that we only have Little Mac and Stafy as new series newcomers, not counting the third-party characters. Mike Jones would make a cool obscure character, we have tons of series that could be represented like the ones we have already shown - Sin & Punishment, Golden Sun, Custom Robo, Drill Dozer, and that one where Sukapon is from but I already forgot the name of it. Even an Advance Wars/Famicom Wars soldier as a character could be a great idea (his Up+B could be hopping on a helicopter, his Down+B could be shooting with a tank or a bazooka, those kinds of stuff, using attacks from different units).

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Angelglory - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 04:17 PM)Rökkan Wrote: About Ridley, I just don't see it fitting. I can't see Ridley grabbing a beamsword, being thrown off the stage, going through Target Smashes, or running in pain around spewing fire because of a burning hot curry, or doing all sorts of wacky and comical things that playable characters in Smash Bros does. He's just this serious monster-thing, he's meant to be a serious boss, not a playable character.
So what you're saying is that Ganondorf is a wacky villain.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - soulcaliburfan - 11-05-2009

Well he was distracted by a fishing pole in Twilight Princess...

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Alpha Six - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 04:26 PM)Angelglory Wrote:
(11-05-2009, 04:17 PM)Rökkan Wrote: About Ridley, I just don't see it fitting. I can't see Ridley grabbing a beamsword, being thrown off the stage, going through Target Smashes, or running in pain around spewing fire because of a burning hot curry, or doing all sorts of wacky and comical things that playable characters in Smash Bros does. He's just this serious monster-thing, he's meant to be a serious boss, not a playable character.
So what you're saying is that Ganondorf is a wacky villain.
Ganondorf fits in with the rest of the cast. Ridley doesn't.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ninspriterx - 11-05-2009

At least we still have Charazard!
lolol

No, but Ganondorf fits.
I guess it's more because of Ridley's strange but monster-like body structure. Almost all characters from Smash are human or have humanoid physical features, but Ridley is completely different and distorted, outside that, it's just this strong feeling of being unfitted. I don't know, I'm not that much raging against Ridley in the game now (in b4 rokkan has mental disorder or dual personality), but I'm still favoring a bit other characters ahead than Ridley.

Seriously, I might have dual personality, I'm being more okay with the idea of Ridley in as a playable character the more I write.

Snake. Snake is a serious badass.
How about that? He's serious but looks fucking hilarious running around with fire spitting out of his mouth.

I mean, what other Metriod character would there be?
Ridley seems to be the best choice.

(11-05-2009, 04:40 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: I mean, what other Metriod character would there be?
Ridley seems to be the best choice.

(11-05-2009, 04:17 PM)Rökkan Wrote: What's with this necessity of having two or three characters just because a series is big? F-Zero is a great series, but yet Captain Falcon has always been enough to represent it alone.

Yeah, but Metriod is more iconic.

It comes as the very first when naming what Nintendo is.

"Uh hur, let's see. Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Metriod!"
F-Zero comes like.. 8th

(11-05-2009, 04:40 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: Snake. Snake is a serious badass.
How about that? He's serious but looks fucking hilarious running around with fire spitting out of his mouth.
have you ever played an MGS game

snake breaks the fourth wall and does silly shit, it's fitting for him to be in smash

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - soulcaliburfan - 11-05-2009

We already changed Mewtwo into a character that floats naturally, couldn't we just do the same thing for Ridley except flap his wings? Also Mewtwo is a very serious Pokemon, but he is in using those crazy items...

(11-05-2009, 04:44 PM)Number Six Wrote:
(11-05-2009, 04:40 PM)ninspriterx Wrote: Snake. Snake is a serious badass.
have you ever played an MGS game

snake breaks the fourth wall and does silly shit, it's fitting for him to be in smash

Well... He's still badass!

well yeah but my point is that yours is kinda invalid, he's a serious badass but he still does stuff that's fitting for him to be in smash

i know i know.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Teeks - 11-05-2009

Let's just make the cast the characters from Brawl and then everyone can stop bitching!

Oh but then you'd bitch about no new characters.

There's no winning. This topic goes no where.