The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Rökkan - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 02:15 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: If Mother has both Porky and Masked Man, I think fucking Fire Emblem should get something more than Roy. We've been discussing this in the Fire Emblem Topic, and most people would rather remove Roy and add a third character. The fourth character going to Issac or Saki or someone.

Oh, and F-Zero. Surely we can't create a custom moveset for the American Samurai Bandit fellow, can't we?

Less characters from the same game
More from series not yet represented!

Seriously, there are so other many characters that deserves more than another Fire Emblem character, or another F-Zero character (Captain Falcon is and always was enough)
And let's just try to think of other characters that already aren't Assist Trophies.
From example, instead of Saki, use Isa (from the new sequel of Sin & Punishment)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kitsu - 11-05-2009

The thing is, assist trophies are often major characters that are the most likely to be playable among those not already present, but didn't make it in, for whatever reason. Examples: Lyn, Saki, Custom Robo, Resetti, Little Mac, Starfy, Jill, etc. These are all popular characters who were often the most likely to be playable, but weren't. I guess what we need to do is try to find out why the designers decided to put them in the AT spots.

About Saki or Isa, shouldn't we wait to see how good S&P2 is first?

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ark Kuvis - 11-05-2009

Sure bro. I'm totally up for playing as Bubbles from Clu Clu Land and the Excite Bike Guy. Why have Zelda when we could be playing as the Balloon Flight guy? Doshin the Giant would be so much cooler than Bowser. And I mean, we only need Mario to represent the Mario franchise.

I said often...

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Wes - 11-05-2009

As for Pichu, I think he should stay in because of HGSS. There are a few special in-game events that revolve around Pichus (one has a notched ear and the other has Pikachu's colors). Right now, there are 6 1st-gen pokemon, one 2nd-gen, no 3rd-gen, and one 4th-gen. If we take out Pichu, he should be replaced by someone from the 3rd Gen. However there aren't many popular or significant 3rd-gen pokemon. We could use Deoxys because its a legendary type thats starred in a movie. None of the other legendaries would work. Blaziken would probably be the best chance because he's a fighting type who could have a diverse moveset. He's the right size and body-build for a character, and has a pretty decent fanbase compared to the majority of Pokemon. However, I think Pichu should stay.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-05-2009

I'd be a huge supporter of Deoxys, but I think Pichu is a better idea. We've reworked his moveset and now, especially with HGSS coming out, he seems like he should stick around.
Pus, there's that whole thing where I want to keep any characters who have been in a Smash game before. Well, minus Young Link and Doc.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Angelglory - 11-05-2009

I'm not exactly buying the 'KOS-MOS is obscure' argument. While the games she comes from may not be as popular as some others, on her own she's made several cameos in other Namco games such as Soulcalibur, Tales and Baten Kaitos. She's also made playable cameos in recent games like SRW: Endless Frontier. Among Namco characters, I'd say she's one of the more popular characters and has numerous cameos under her belt.

But if it's not meant to be, I'll just root for Klonoa instead.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Rökkan - 11-05-2009

(11-05-2009, 02:36 PM)Ark Kuvis Wrote: Sure bro. I'm totally up for playing as Bubbles from Clu Clu Land and the Excite Bike Guy. Why have Zelda when we could be playing as the Balloon Flight guy? Doshin the Giant would be so much cooler than Bowser. And I mean, we only need Mario to represent the Mario franchise.

You know, as ironic as this is, having Ridley and Samurai Goroh is more ridiculous than having those characters you mentioned.

edit: Mr.Resetti? Likely to be a playable character? Also, Sin & Punishment 2 already came out on Japan, and there are gameplay videos of it on YouTube.
And it's a Treasure game.
There's no "wait how good it is". It's a Treasure game.
It's obviously a great game.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kairos - 11-05-2009

I still say Cless Alvin or Lloyd Irving for the Namco rep.

So. People clamored for Ridley, and now that he's in, people don't want him anymore? Unpleaseable Fanbase.

I think the size someone did for him way pretty good.

Whoa. Calm down there, people. Arguments like these are the # 2 reason our projects die (#1 being a lack of motivation).

@Rokkan, I didn't realize S&P2 was already out in Japan. And wasn't Resetti a debated possibility?

(11-05-2009, 03:16 PM)Sploder Wrote: Whoa. Calm down there, people. Arguments like these are the # 2 reason our projects die (#1 being a lack of motivation).

@Rokkan, I didn't realize S&P2 was already out in Japan. And wasn't Resetti a debated possibility?

Here or for Brawl? Cause I don't think he ever came up as a playable character nominee here.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Zern0 - 11-05-2009

[Image: Chameleon_Twist_Cover_Art.jpg]
?

(11-05-2009, 03:34 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Here or for Brawl? Cause I don't think he ever came up as a playable character nominee here.

Brawl.

(11-05-2009, 03:42 PM)Zern0 Wrote: [Image: Chameleon_Twist_Cover_Art.jpg]
?

wtfno