The VG Resource
Game cast- No new character suggestions - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Community Projects (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-57.html)
+------ Forum: Smash Bros Project (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-31.html)
+------ Thread: Game cast- No new character suggestions (/thread-7716.html)

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kriven - 11-03-2009

How about Diskun? He totally fits the G&W/ROB thing...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/TheONEMaTT/Diskun.jpg

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Rökkan - 11-03-2009

Diskun would surely be a very hard task to make an interesting character out of it >:

...The only unknown Nintendo character that crosses my mind is Mike Jones. I remember him being suggested but I didn't see no reason why he shouldn't be considered.
FORWARD SPECIAL = EAR BANNANA

you know you want to

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Wes - 11-03-2009

I think Sukapon fits better than Diskun.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Koopaul - 11-04-2009

(11-03-2009, 05:56 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Yeah, Mii is a pretty bad idea. Good for Brawl, bad here.

I'm making a Mii Card anyway.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kairos - 11-04-2009

(11-03-2009, 07:26 PM)Rökkan Wrote: ...The only unknown Nintendo character that crosses my mind is Mike Jones. I remember him being suggested but I didn't see no reason why he shouldn't be considered.
FORWARD SPECIAL = EAR BANNANA

you know you want to

ohmaigawd this.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-04-2009

(11-04-2009, 02:33 AM)koopaul Wrote:
(11-03-2009, 05:56 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Yeah, Mii is a pretty bad idea. Good for Brawl, bad here.

I'm making a Mii Card anyway.

...Why? The whole gimmick is that they're designed to be whatever you want. How can you make a Mii what will represent all Miis? Also, why bother?

Because I wanna cover all sorts of aspects from Nintendo. I will make a cluster of generic Miis on the card. Hell I'm doing console cards too. Melee had the Gamecube so why not?

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-04-2009

Why don't we make a list of necessary cards before you blow your load on consoles and irrelevant gimmick characters?

I feel that Miis have a historical significance for Nintendo. But I am writting a list you know.

I'll show it to you guys and we can make decisions together.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Shawn - 11-05-2009

geno, gooey, k rool, kos-mos, krystal, and pichu seem like crappy additions to this thing. masked man would be debatable since it could just be a lucas costume, seeing as lucas even wears the suit in mother 3.

geno is a one time character who wasnt even cool and is overrated as fuck. gooey aint no fighter, despite how cool he is. k rool and the dk series in general is just ok i guess. kos-mos is just weirdly obscure for this. pichu never made much sense to begin with in melee and krystal is the worst character ever and three star fox characters is enough.

i know the title says no new suggestions but there are so many more notable nintendo characters and series that need representing. ray(any model) of the custom robo series would be a major one for it's unique fighting style and fame in japan, isaac or the new games hero from golden sun, just because. warioware has a lot to offer but im sure the most notable character would be ashley, and seeing as she's a witch, it would benefit the variety of characters for the overal roster. jill from drill dozer is a one time thing and a second game or a series is unlikely but its definitely one of those games with a bigger fanbase and lots of support.

for the third party, square is an obvious major company with a shitload to offer, i wont bother explaining anything but some good considerations would be crono, layle, loto, marche/ luso, and any final fantasy hero from nintendo consoles(cecil??). namco is a major one too with lots of characters like klonoa, any tales of protagnist(lloyd being more notable than others), and siegfried of soul calibur.

edit: simon fucking belmont

edit2: roy, tails and a fourth fe character are useless too.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Alpha Six - 11-05-2009

I thought we had agreed that Issac was being added. Was that never updated or something?

Otherwise I kinda agree with most of Shawn's post.
Oh wait, this is the old roster. Catch up, Shawn.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/showthread.php?tid=8944 Actually, now that I notice, only a few things have changed. HEH :V

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ton - 11-05-2009

I think I said we should include Isaac if he tossed the fourth FE character, which at this point I'm fully in support of.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Kitsu - 11-05-2009

@Shawn, I'm going to address each of your points.
Geno: his cool factor supposedly comes from his laser and other robot-style attacks. I agree that he's overrated, but he would be the only Mario RPG series rep (other than the main 4, of course). I agree that his removal is acceptable.

Gooey: he's as much a fighter as Kirby is, really. Actually, though Omegakyogre's moveset doesn't make him a clone, he is essentially a Kirby clone with a tongue in the one game where he appears as playable. I agree that his removal is acceptable.

K. Rool: I really don't know enough about him, so I can't say anything about him right now. That means, research time!

Kos-Mos: definitely obscure. I don't really know enough about Namco's other stuff to say anything about her.

Krystal: she's another Star Fox character who ISN'T a Fox clone! That's really the only reason she should be in though; however, I think she'd have to compete with Wolf for the spot, as there's no need for 4 SF characters.

Pichu: His removal is acceptable. Actually, I think it'd be more than acceptable; aren't there, like, at least another 3 or 4 generations of pokemon since then?

Custom Robo (Ray): Agreeing. Though I don't know what you mean by unique fighting style...

Isaac: Agreeing.

Ashley: Why her? Is she actually popular enough for that?

Jill: I don't know enough about her, either...

Roy: he needs to go away. For a long time. If we get rid of him, but we still want a 3rd FE character, replace him with either Lyn, or Ark Kuvis's Heroes of Elibe idea.

Tail: I don't know much about him, but I agree that one Sonic character should be enough...

4th FE character: agreeing.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Rökkan - 11-05-2009

yeah, I kind of agree with Shawn, the character roster just seems uncreative and could be a lot more worked on, but I disagree about Gooey with Shawn. Gooey owns and I think he should have more attacks based on his companion animals (Rick, Coo, Kine and those from Dreamland 3) and less about Copy Abilities by himself. It's a great way to put the great non-Sakurai charaters to use.

A Custom Robo model would be just perfect, we don't need any other FE character or DK character (I even question if Porky and Claus should be there, even though they're badass) We need characters from other series instead of more from the same series. What are the characters from the other Nintendo series we have? Little Mac from Punch-Out and Stafy. That's too few, and both already were Assist Trophies in Brawl. Even though Isaac and Ray MK-II also were, we could put them and think of other Nintendo series that need representation.

I'm not going to be as strict as Shawn, but I agree that it is debatable the presence of King K.Rool, Pichu, Krystal, the Masked Man, Roy and... Goddamnit, Ridley? I just noticed his presence on the roster, what the fuck. Ridley is a boss, fucking cocks. I don't want to start another debate about his size, but just think for a second. Ridley as a playable character in a Smash Bros, think of Target Smash with Ridley. Think of going through classic mode and fighting against Team Ridley. Do you really think that Ridley fits in as a playable character? Do you really think that even if Nintendo creates like 2 more sequels to Smash Bros he'd be in the roster?

As for Geno... I don't know. Maybe we could put attacks on him based on Super Mario RPG in general, I think it could work pretty well.

RE: Game cast- No new character suggestions - Ark Kuvis - 11-05-2009

If Mother has both Porky and Masked Man, I think fucking Fire Emblem should get something more than Roy. We've been discussing this in the Fire Emblem Topic, and most people would rather remove Roy and add a third character. The fourth character going to Issac or Saki or someone.

Oh, and F-Zero. Surely we can't create a custom moveset for the American Samurai Bandit fellow, can't we?